Tragedy as 16 year old hangs herself from Banyan Tree on Facebook Live

webfact

Tragedy as 16 year old hangs herself from Banyan Tree on Facebook Live

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A teenager who was suffering love problems has hanged herself from a tree near her home.

She set up a live Facebook screening of her death telling her friends simply: "Look at this".

Ban Pong, Ratchaburi cops found the victim suspended by her shoelaces from a Banyan Tree next to some insurance offices.

An iPhone was recording in the trunk of the tree.

Relatives told the police that the girl - named only as "Nit", 16 - had problems with the family of her boyfriend and had returned home to Ban Pong.

Just a week ago she had tried to kill herself with an overdose but lived after having her stomach pumped.

But two days ago she disappeared and her family had started searching for her.

Police believed she dragged a stone seat to the tree before hanging herself from the branches and filming her own death on her personal Facebook page.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-04-27

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Pity many parents have no clue about raising kids and teaching them morality, respect and how to deal with problems...
Maybe this girls didnt have the confidence or respect to talk to her mom/sister etc...

5 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Not all countries have the resources to administer such an advanced regime.  In a perfect world, yes!!! Poor lass.  All sorts of aspects could have pushed her on such a sad direction.

Letting a 16-year-old who just tried to commit suicide run around free is a bit much though, in any country. Was she that alone?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Sad. I think one thing we all learn in life, is that we rarely marry our first love.

Maybe you don't, but girls often do. At 16 it's not love, but a type of emotional obsession that they don't understand, but it's very powerful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thhMan said:

Pity many parents have no clue about raising kids and teaching them morality, respect and how to deal with problems...
Maybe this girls didnt have the confidence or respect to talk to her mom/sister etc...

Pity your parents did not educate you in empathy and understanding. Your post is as shocking as the child's death. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tropo said:

Letting a 16-year-old who just tried to commit suicide run around free is a bit much though, in any country. Was she that alone?

For sure she didn't get the happiness all Thais are supposed to having now...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, alation said:

Rest in peace young lady my prayer is that you knew or reached out to Jesus inside your last breath my condolences to your family 

With all due respect, I imagine she was thinking of Buddha in her last sad moments.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mok199 said:

could it be the thai soaps having some influence.?? filled with drama, obsessive romance,bad boys ,guns victims and heros....  my regards to the friends and family..

I believe the shear stupidity and nonsense beamed out day after day to the population has a major influence on the thinking or lack there-of on far too many gullible Thai's. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Possibly.  TIT! For better or sometimes for worse.

Yes this is Thailand ,and a lot of things are  still taboo  sex, menstruation , and I am afraid  suicide is  in they , that is why they are no counseling, as we know it ,and she left hospital, to fend for herself her family could not help ,as they would not know what to do,no one to give her counseling 

One of the many things in Thailand us farangs do not understand is  Thai culture, and when will things change, not in my lifetime for certain.

If they were no facebook, would she have done what she did, it was certainly a cry for help.

I noticed TV put the in the links to the Samaritans, my late father was a Samaritan councilor thay do a lot of good.

RIP poor lass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

could it be the thai soaps having some influence.?? filled with drama, obsessive romance,bad boys ,guns victims and heros....  my regards to the friends and family..

It's unlikely she had any support at all from family & friends. "Shame on you" would be a more appropriate greeting to her family than sending your regards.