Monks Defend Fraud TV Host’s Ordination

webfact

Monks Defend Fraud TV Host’s Ordination

By  Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

31206417_10160624142210352_7391424719670

Sorayuth Suthassanachinda is ordained as a monk on Monday

NAKHON RATCHASIMA — Buddhist officials are reportedly investigating whether a temple in the northeast violated any regulation when it agreed to ordain a celeb anchorman convicted of fraud as a monk earlier this week.

The news prompted several prominent monks to defend Sorayuth Suthassanachinda, who was found guilty in November of embezzling millions from the state in advertising revenue, on grounds that the former TV host has been released on bail while he contests the ruling and therefore did not violate Buddha’s ban on ordaining fugitives from justice.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/04/27/monks-defend-fraud-tv-hosts-ordination/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-04-27

Judges in my country used to offer jail or military service. 

Here, you can be a total <deleted> but the day you put on the special bathrobe, people are conditioned to get on their knees and give you money, food and toothpaste on the path to nirvana.  Or maybe just some lucky Lotto numbers.

image.png.691c6b17c03c00f27aeb8aab15319207.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bhuddism itself, like most religions, is very noble, ethical, and moral. It’s the leadership of these faiths that could stand a good caning!

Its not just the leadership. Just look at Buddhism as an example, its all about money, wealthy, greedy and corrupt monks, kids becoming monks for money (paid by the village communities), people selling their expensive woowoo nonsense outside and inside temples, believers throwing manmade paper money all around themselves in temples like its suppose to have any superstitious meaning... and it goes on and on, and its always about money.

That clearly shows a well organized corrupt system, deliberately praying on vulnerable people. If Buddha was as wonderful as it says he was, then I’m pretty sure this was not what he had in mind. He didn’t even like religions.

This is just one religion, and this is seen as one of the most moral ones and probably is. Don’t get me started on the Abrahamic religions, the religions that makes even the most gruesome splatter movies be cute and child-friendly to watch in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, HOAX said:

Its not just the leadership. Just look at Buddhism as an example, its all about money, wealthy, greedy and corrupt monks, kids becoming monks for money (paid by the village communities), people selling their expensive woowoo nonsense outside and inside temples, believers throwing manmade paper money all around themselves in temples like its suppose to have any superstitious meaning... and it goes on and on, and its always about money.

That clearly shows a well organized corrupt system, deliberately praying on vulnerable people. If Buddha was as wonderful as it says he was, then I’m pretty sure this was not what he had in mind. He didn’t even like religions.

This is just one religion, and this is seen as one of the most moral ones and probably is. Don’t get me started on the Abrahamic religions, the religions that makes even the most gruesome splatter movies be cute and child-friendly to watch in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, plus monks giving lucky lottery ticket numbers (often for reward).

• 2 months later...

They feel sorry for what they did..........when they get caught !

He will be out on bail for a few years,appealing and appealing,

then when he sees all hope is gone ,may take a very long overseas

holiday,he has said he won't do a runner,i suppose depends how

many years he gets.

regards worgeordie