Dutch tourist falls to death from ladyboy’s condo in Bangkok

webfact

Dutch tourist falls to death from ladyboy’s condo

By The Nation

DD.jpg

Photo//Thai Rath

A Dutch tourist fell to his death from the Bangkok condominium room of a ladyboy he had just met at a drinking party on Khao San Road early on Monday, police said.

The tourist was identified by his driving licence as Salmans Rik W F, 21.

Police said he fell from the room of Pimornpat Koratana, 37, on the fifth floor of the Ivy Residence Pinklao on Somdej Pinklao Road in Bang Plad district at 3.30am.

Police said there was no sign of foul play in the room.

Pimornpat said he met the tourist while drinking with friends at a party on Khao San Road just a few hours before the incident and the Dutchman followed him to his room.

Pimornpat said when they arrived at his room, he went into the toilet for a few minutes. When he came out, he found the balcony door open and the foreigner missing. When he looked out, he saw the body of the Dutchman lying on the ground.

Pimornpat said the tourist appeared very drunk.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30344284

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-04-30
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Phaser said:

1. The author should use ‘she’ to describe the transgender woman (‘ladyboy’) not ‘he’. This is 2018 it’s bad enough TG girls in Thailand have no legal rights as in most developed countries.

2. She is 37 and the guy was 21. She was possibly working or at 37 equally possibly just looking for a hot time with a 21 yr old. Regrettably he was drunk and fell to his death - seems on its face unlikely pushed but only she knows.

As I understand it, ladyboy is the Western word for kathoey. According to Wikipedia, this means "a transgender woman or an effeminate gay male in Thailand". So whether the Thai individual in the article should have been referred to as a she rather than a he would depend on which of these he or she was, which isn't specified. So "he" could be the correct pronoun in this particular case. 

I know Kathoey people do not have full equality under Thai law, but Wikipedia points out that they "are more visible and more accepted in Thai  culture than trans people are in other countries in the world".

Several popular Thai models, singers and movie stars are kathoeys, of course, and Thai newspapers often print photographs of the winners of female and kathoey beauty contests side by side. 

Credit where it's due.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Believe-able.  I've seen some apartment and condo balcony railings that don't even come up to my waist, and I'm only 5"8-1/2 (174cm).

If you were drunk, or even just "tipsy", going over the railing is almost guaranteed. 

39 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I'm 6' 1" and I've never seen a balcony railing in Bangkok that was at waist height on me, they are always at least up to my stomach.  

I'd love to see photographic evidence of all these super low railings people keep claiming to see.

Never seen a low one either. 

As for Ivy residences I can't imagine myself falling over it even if completely wasted. 

IVY-Residences-%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%

IVY-Residences-%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B4%E0%B9%

• Like 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It must have suddenly dawned on him what he was getting

himself into ,taking the quickest way out.

RIP 21 too young to die,

regards worgeordie

Yep, going for the grasp and clutching onto 2 stones and realizing his dilemma, poor sod :-(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soistalker said:

He goes to the room, thinking he's gotten lucky with someone he's met at a party. The gentleman with the women's clothing discusses with him the fee for sex. He disagrees. The guy with gender dysphoria pushes him over the side in a fit of hormonal rage.

Thai police are stupid, and don't want to investigate this as a homicide.

Case closed. Those farang sure love jumping off balconies.

Yep lots of trannies on Khao San because they know beginner tourists often can't tell them apart from women, and they get very drunk on the cheap buckets of alcohol.  Those backpackers are usually not coming to Thailand to pay for sex either. 

6 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Maybe he freaked out when he realized that his girl was in fact a deceitful homosexual. Perhaps the homosexual tried to rape him? In any case - RIP

You are confusing transgender identity and sexual orientation. In any case, sure it's possible that a drunk young man may have thought he went with a "real" woman and found something else going on in the condo, and then freaked out. The civilized reaction would be to politely say thanks but no thanks goodbye. If he panicked and got violent which would be very wrong but possible, then it seems like the Thai LB should be considered a possible suspect. I suppose a rape attempt was also a possibility, either way (for example if money was asked for and not agreed to). The accidental drunken fall also possible. It will be a difficult case because it's only the word of the survivor but clues I suppose would be injuries on the LB. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Phaser said:

1. The author should use ‘she’ to describe the transgender woman (‘ladyboy’) not ‘he’. This is 2018 it’s bad enough TG girls in Thailand have no legal rights as in most developed countries.

2. She is 37 and the guy was 21. She was possibly working or at 37 equally possibly just looking for a hot time with a 21 yr old. Regrettably he was drunk and fell to his death - seems on its face unlikely pushed but only she knows.

RIP

The author should probably write Thai man out of respect for the family who just lost their son and to reflect that this is much more likely to be homicide given it's a man. 

We don't know he was drunk.

• Like 2

Seems the semi-automatic balconies have found a market in Thailand like in Sweden. Only difference is that in Sweden certain ladies are ejected to their deaths..

I call for tighter balcony regulations.

10 minutes ago, jspill said:

The author should probably write Thai man out of respect for the family who just lost their son and to reflect that this is much more likely to be homicide given it's a man. 

We don't know he was drunk.

Oh please.

Of course his relatives will be totally devastated and also embarassed by the circumstances of his death.

But get real.

The technicalities of how the gender of the last person he was with is described is not a matter of respect or disrespect or really of much consequence to the grieving relatives.

It will be and should be reported that the person was a Thai ladyboy. That's just the way it was. Matter of fact. As far as whether he/she or whatever you want to say murdered the young man, I agree this person should be a suspect but it's not fair to pronounce definitely guilty as yet.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

I'm 6' 1" and I've never seen a balcony railing in Bangkok that was at waist height on me, they are always at least up to my stomach.  

I'd love to see photographic evidence of all these super low railings people keep claiming to see.

In many of the older condo's they can be surprising low. Seen them mid-thigh to me and a lot of expats. Condo we had in HuaHin had to have 18" of heavy glass on substantial brackets to make it reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You are confusing transgender identity and sexual orientation. In any case, sure it's possible that a drunk young man may have thought he went with a "real" woman and found something else going on in the condo, and then freaked out. The civilized reaction would be to politely say thanks but no thanks goodbye. If he panicked and got violent which would be very wrong but possible, then it seems like the Thai LB should be considered a possible suspect. I suppose a rape attempt was also a possibility, either way (for example if money was asked for and not agreed to). The accidental drunken fall also possible. It will be a difficult case because it's only the word of the survivor but clues I suppose would be injuries on the LB. 

Some of these ladyboys can be very aggressive and not take go away or no for an answer. Was in Chiang Mai once, bought some cigarettes in a 7/Eleven. When finished, got on my motorbike then a layboy jumped onto my bike as a passenger. He asked me for 20 baht to make him get off. I punched him hard in the chest, he fell to the ground and I sped off.

I find the story that the ladyboy went to the toilet, he came out and discovered the Dutch guy had fallen off the balcony very suspect.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:
32 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Maybe he freaked out when he realized that his girl was in fact a deceitful homosexual. Perhaps the homosexual tried to rape him? In any case - RIP

" by deceitful homosexual wearing ladies clothing"

i'm not sure if this forum is reaching new peaks or new troughs?

Definitely new lows.

• Sad 1

sometimes i go to kaosan road to eat and the level of working girls seems very depressing.

its hard to imagine meeting a ladyboy there that would not be looking for money. 

really horrible for young lad . and his family.

does the story mention if police found . money on his person?