Video: Aunty forgets to brake! Nearly kills herself at level crossing

snoop1130

59 minutes ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Obviously she has some mental challenge or some other challenges (incl. the darken visor idea). Maybe she was tired or sleepy (Some people must wake up too early to work). Maybe she drank the night before. There are many possibilities outside the most obvious one.

I find some  of the comments by people making fun of the person's inability sad and retarded. Ironically, they might be just as brainless as her (if straight and emotional intelligence matter).  Some describe the video as funny. I wonder if they were sad that she did not kill herself. 

The more I stay on these forums the more I feel that some comment to make themselves look and feel better. Like I say --and I repeat for the ones who did not get it then first time-- I think some of them are challenged too.

Please feel Free to leave this Forum anytime , you will not be missed.   :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Most accidents occur because of  a lapse of concentration - when the mind "wanders off to another place" for a few seconds.  Who here can honestly say they have never lost concentration and had to suddenly brake or swerve to avoid an accident?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Are you serious ?? 

The barrier starts to lower at 39 secs into the clip, at 50 secs it's fully down. That's 11 secs to lower fully..

She hits the barrier at 53 secs point... All the time, those big flashing orange lights are warning normal people of a hazard !!

I'm surprised most people ever arrive at their destinations here, I guess scooters must have auto pilot ???

It's the nature of accidents that they seem unbelievable.  Clearly, she wasn't concentrating- I guess she glanced up the road and didn't pay much attention since the road was clear.  Like I said- seen much worse!

12 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Genuine accident? Carelessness and stupidity more like it. Please don't make excuses for it.

All accidents result from carelessness and stupidity, and, big or small, we all have them.  It seems amazing that she didn't see what was right in front of her eyes, but it is a common cause. 

It's a good advert for driving slowly and helmeted if nothing else.

Edited by mommysboy

23 hours ago, mommysboy said:

The barrier did come down quite fast.  There've been examples of far worse tbh.  It's a genuine accident.  Most of us have walked in to things that weren't there a few seconds ago.

69 replies so far and YOU are the only one trying to defend stupid driving. Well done. Thai apologist reward in the post.

26 minutes ago, brling said:

69 replies so far and YOU are the only one trying to defend stupid driving. Well done. Thai apologist reward in the post.

Nope. I'm very critical of Thais.  Where did I defend stupid driving?  Just don't think there is anything much out of the ordinary here.

Others agree.

10 hours ago, Andyfez said:

No one claimed her brakes failed.......

No other logical explanation why someone would drive straight into a barrier in plain view. But then, this is Thailand so who knows. There has been no explanation I am aware of from the woman.

27 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No other logical explanation why someone would drive straight into a barrier in plain view. But then, this is Thailand so who knows. There has been no explanation I am aware of from the woman.

I agree....she could have been high on drugs or pist !!

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Ah... logical!  Us humans, and Thais in particular, just don't work like machines. She was daydreaming.... it's obvious.  Dreadful riding, but a genuine accident.

On 4/30/2018 at 7:37 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Hard to find words.

How serious must an eyesight problem be and how deaf the ears to overlook and overhear this barrier???

(overhear: the video has no tone but I am quite certain that a bell is beaten)

Rational explanation?

No blinding by the sun, the visor shouldn't be that dark (forbidden by the way).

She brakes, but very very late.

Was it an epic failure trying to jump the barrier?

Ridiculous.

and flashing red lights....

22 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Nope. I'm very critical of Thais.  Where did I defend stupid driving?  Just don't think there is anything much out of the ordinary here.

Others agree.

Nope, only you (on this thread) making excuses for stupid driving

16 hours ago, mettech said:

Most of the older folks ( poor one) can not afford prescription glasses so they can't see too well and it is what happen but she still drive that scooter.

Basic prescription glasses are no more than 50bt in most Thai markets.....

OK, if each eye is different, or they need astigmatism correction then these basic specs would be unsuitable, but they would be acceptable in probably 99% of cases.

There really is no excuse for driving/riding with uncorrected vision.