YET ANOTHER Beer Tax Hike?

GanDoonToonPet

On 5/3/2018 at 7:52 PM, ukrules said:

Once the current stocks of every wine run out completely I believe they will all be priced about the same.

The 'popular' brands are of course selling out before the others...

I'm going moonshining....

On 15/05/2018 at 2:14 PM, stoutfella said:

In my opinion Mont Clair was hardly worth it at Bt970 for five litres now it's Bt1000 for three litres I certainly don't and won't buy it any more.

You probably missed that it is 1115 Baht for 3 litres already, and that all box wines will follow suit.

You still can find imported fruit wines at around 800 Baht for 3 litres, but it is old stock with some very old, and as soon as those stocks are depleted they will be more than 1115 Baht.

11 hours ago, Henryford said:

I went to Makro yesterday and am definitely NOT paying 1000+ for Mont Clair. Bought a litre bottle of gin for 500 baht. Gin and tonics for me now, half the price.

Spirits cheaper than wine lol

What a fuk'd up country

On 5/1/2018 at 11:07 PM, StreetCowboy said:

Malaysia also had a recent beer and ax hike, and not so long ago raised the drinking age from 18 to 21

Believe it or not, when I went to Malaysia last year I could find cheaper beer than in Thailand. I found it in  Kuala Lumpur China town at an Indian shop. I bought Carlsberg cans of 0.5 l for 40 Baht. It was a bargain! By the way the pace at how things are developing in Thailand, soon it will sell beers at one of the most expensive price around the world. To drink in Thailand is not cheap anymore for a long time already.

1 hour ago, Thunder26 said:

Believe it or not, when I went to Malaysia last year I could find cheaper beer than in Thailand. I found it in  Kuala Lumpur China town at an Indian shop. I bought Carlsberg cans of 0.5 l for 40 Baht. It was a bargain! By the way the pace at how things are developing in Thailand, soon it will sell beers at one of the most expensive price around the world. To drink in Thailand is not cheap anymore for a long time already.

If you are resorting to hunting out cheaper beers then I feel very sorry for you.   

Not sure on the legal side of things but a friend of a friend etc has made some wine, one is a ginger wine and also a red medium dry/sweet  from flower petals for his own consumption . Both very good and 14% alcohol by content . Biggest problem was obtaining the brewers yeast .  The cost was very low in comparison to what is currently available.

This home brewing was a big thing in the UK back in the 70s/80s and if I can recall correctly brewing kits came along with cans of ingredients for  the wine or beer of your choice .

4 minutes ago, superal said:

Not sure on the legal side of things but a friend of a friend etc has made some wine, one is a ginger wine and also a red medium dry/sweet  from flower petals for his own consumption . Both very good and 14% alcohol by content . Biggest problem was obtaining the brewers yeast .  The cost was very low in comparison to what is currently available.

This home brewing was a big thing in the UK back in the 70s/80s and if I can recall correctly brewing kits came along with cans of ingredients for  the wine or beer of your choice .

There should be no problem obtaining the yeast or anything else for that matter, there are quite a few homebrew shops in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1