One month only of high speed Internet:suggestions please

soistalker

Get yourself a MiFi, preferably Thailand 4G/LTE capable.

From which country do you hail?

Then get a basic SIM(19 baht to 49 baht each) from each of the major networks and buy a day package with each to see which offers the best speed at your location.

Once you have ascertained that info, you can purchase a 30 day unlimited data mobile Internet package. They cost from 321 baht to 1605 baht for the 30 day period.

It's important to run the SIM test as you may get different results according to location.

In one apartment, I can get up to 14Mbps from AIS, but only  2Mbps from the other networks. In another apartment, I get 20 Mbps from DTAC and much less via the other networks.

• Like 1

I am in Ban Amphur and use TOT.  It is OK to pretty good, streaming usually works, higher speed options are available from TOT.  Modem was $30.  Cost is Bt860 per month, I don't think there is a suspension option, as there is with Truvisions, but if I was there more than a month or two per year, that is the direction I would go and forget tethering.

If you have cable TV at home, you should consider Slingbox. It mounts to your cable box and streams through the internet, just like you were at home sitting on your sofa using your remote. All it needs is composite RCA plugs on the back of your cable box and a wired internet connection.

11 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If your wife is Thai you can get a month by month payment package from TOT.

There is a difference between paying month by month and paying for 1 month only.

You think TOT gonna do all the work for the installation if they know you gonna pay 1 month only?

In the contract is stated that if you cancel the contract within 1 year without a valid reason, you have to pay 6770 Baht + VAT cancellation fee.

The cable TV suppliers in many condo buildings also do cable broadband. Some of them will (or used to) provide the service for just one month though there may be a small installation charge. Conditions do vary, so ask them.