UK's May faces local election losses as key Brexit tests near

webfact

So the 120,000 people who have died due to the unnecessary imposition of austerity is the price to be paid to keep labour out of office?

Ask Labour, they were a significant contributing factor that got the U.K. into economic strife.

If Labour were a serious opposition with viable and credible policies then perhaps today’s politics would be different in the current form, unfortunately JC under Labour are a basket case party, nothing else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, citybiker said:

Ask Labour, they were a significant contributing factor that got the U.K. into economic strife.

If Labour were a serious opposition with viable and credible policies then perhaps today’s politics would be different in the current form, unfortunately JC under Labour are a basket case party, nothing else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good god - the house is on fire and all you can do is carp on about the previous inhabitants. This is not about Labour - it is about the morally and ideologically corrupt Tory party literally destroying the lives of people in this country and abroad.

There is no point pussy footing around this.  Dramatic as it may sound, if you vote tory, you have enabled them to kill thousands and thousands of normal, innocent people in the UK, Yemen, Syria and god knows where else - you have their blood on your hands.

But why don't you tell me about how utterly awful life might be under Labour?

• Thanks 2

Well this is a fine pickle in which we find ourselves!

The Cons are incompetent self serving and are making appalling decisions. The country is going down in too many ways to list

However, Labour are just too awful to contemplate as an alternative

I feel quite disenfranchised.

We need to change our voting system away from FPTP. Only good news is that UKIP are dead (except at the seaside I expect)

Good to see UKIP taking the drubbing they deserve. Sad to see the Tories not getting the drubbing they deserve. 
5aebebcb9ed46_localelections.JPG.f66aef1a05ec458135283a227b23d490.JPG
What's tangibly clear is the return to two party politics.

UKIP's job is done & completed, survival is a matter of course for them.

Labour has I proved, however they should have done much better.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

But why don't you tell me about how utterly awful life might be under Labour?

Bloody awful...

Glum faces as Labour watch the the votes being counted in Birmingham, living in Brum where they pussy footed around last year when the so called bin strike where the bin men lost very little pay but did very little work and subcontractors had to be brought in at a big cost to us rate payers, Labour could not organise a piss up in a brewery... and now are paying the cost with losses to Tories, Lib Dems and even the Greens are picking up their fist seat in the city.

UKIP R.I.P.:tongue:

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Grouse said:

We need to change our voting system away from FPTP.

Only when Labour realise they will never get overall control again will the be any chance of changing the voting system.

I expect UKIP will struggle to survive in current guise by the next GE.

I notice in a few MSM sources that Corybn is being slated (or impoded) within his own MP's for not taking decisive action over Anti-semism, harsh lesson for a possible reckless government in waiting.

Labour's poor leadership &party has taken its toll in a period which it should be rebuilding, strengthing and showing the electorate it's a worthy credible alternative.

The UKIP rondents had to run somewhere. Don't worry, it's infectious!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-44002060

13 minutes ago, citybiker said:

I expect UKIP will struggle to survive in current guise by the next GE.

I notice in a few MSM sources that Corybn is being slated (or impoded) within his own MP's for not taking decisive action over Anti-semism, harsh lesson for a possible reckless government in waiting.

Labour's poor leadership &party has taken its toll in a period which it should be rebuilding, strengthing and showing the electorate it's a worthy credible alternative.

I doubt anti-Semitism registers as an issue of concern across most of the UK.

But you are correct regarding Labour rebuilding and offering an alternative:

Corbyn has raised Labour Party membership to in excess of 200,000 and has established a platform of policies that stand in stark contrast to the Tories on  housing, healthcare, education, welfare, workers’ rights, pensions, wealth distribution, healthcare, transport, energy, water, the environment, foreign policy....

Spend some time listening to Corbyn speak rather than what the rightwing press wish you to believe.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

I doubt anti-Semitism registers as an issue of concern across most of the UK.

But you are correct regarding Labour rebuilding and offering an alternative:

Corbyn has raised Labour Party membership to in excess of 200,000 and has established a platform of policies that stand in stark contrast to the Tories on  housing, healthcare, education, welfare, workers’ rights, pensions, wealth distribution, healthcare, transport, energy, water, the environment, foreign policy....

Spend some time listening to Corbyn speak rather than what the rightwing press wish you to believe.

I struggle/tolerate enough with Corybn during PMQ's when I manage it thanks, he's no PM in waiting that's for sure.

I concur reference your point about Anti-semism across the UK.