Transporting a gas bottle on a long trip

ubonr1971

We are moving house  7 hours away. If we disconnect the gas cooker and turn the tap off on the gas bottle that should be ok to move long distances shouldnt it?

Im sure there are no issues with this but thought I would check.

You would be very unlucky ... wouldn't you ...if you had an accident and the top off the gas bottle got knocked off and all caught fire ....... As Crossy said gas cylinders are different and you must have the cap on etc etc... else they can make an Exocet ...:sad:

Edited by JAS21

You would be very unlucky ... wouldn't you ...if you had an accident and the top off the gas bottle got knocked off and all caught fire ....... As Crossy said gas cylinders are different and you must have the cap on etc etc... else they can make an Exocet ...:sad:

Yes. I have never seen anyone use the cap here though. Seen countless trucks full of cylinders with no cap. Also seen a guy transporting one of the smaller cylinders on his lap on the motorcycle. Valve sticking out into traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 5/6/2018 at 1:09 PM, JohnMc45 said:

Yes. I have never seen anyone use the cap here though. Seen countless trucks full of cylinders with no cap. Also seen a guy transporting one of the smaller cylinders on his lap on the motorcycle. Valve sticking out into traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

For my swansong I contracted to GEC Alsthom and we built and commissioned a CCGT Station.  The Occupier was very definite and stated any contractor caught moving gas bottles around site without a cap will be banned from site ... no warning given - do it and you are gone!! They took safety very seriously.