How does money "seasoning" work?

I just put 400k in my bank today.  When is it considered seasoned?  I am planning on doing relative to a Thai but made sure just in case they won't do it and opt for the marriage extension (first one) that the money will have been there for 2 months.  When is it considered two months?  A certain number of days or just the 3rd of July as I deposited the money on the 3rd of May?

I spoke to the manager at my bank and he said I don't have to move the money into one account, the aggregate of all 3 accounts would be enough for them to write the letter to Immigration. Is that right?  I moved 401,000b just in case there was a fee that hit the account, but there is 400,000 baht + in one account.  I have three.

36 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

When is it considered two months?  A certain number of days or just the 3rd of July as I deposited the money on the 3rd of May?

The two months will be up on July 2nd, so the first day you could use the money to apply for an extension based on marriage would be July 3rd.

38 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

I spoke to the manager at my bank and he said I don't have to move the money into one account, the aggregate of all 3 accounts would be enough for them to write the letter to Immigration. Is that right?

Immigration usually want the money in one account. I wouldn’t risk using three accounts without asking the local immigration office first.

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Immigration usually want the money in one account. I wouldn’t risk using three accounts without asking the local immigration office first.

401,000b is in one account.  

I have three accounts with the bank, all tied together with my phone app.  Only one of them has an ATM card attached.  The one with the majority money does not have an ATM attached.

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

You deposited yesterday May 3rd.

To avoid any discussion I would go on July 4th or later.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, TonyClifton said:

Can you point me to law for taking care of Thai relative?

Sent from my Star Trek Communicator.

You find them in the pinned topic.

No. 10 and 12 for English text.

What I quoted is from "Immigration Bureau order 327-2557" section 2.18.

BUT: don't expect answers to details like "accumulate accounts, account type" etc. as these orders are quite general and leave a lot to either discretion of the individual immigration offices or some undisclosed written/non-written code of practice.

At least I am not aware that such exists.

That's what TV forum is for :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1