My Next Retirement Visa..options ?

Hi Guys, hopefully straightforward, and probably most answers somewhere on TVF already , but here goes . Im from UK currently have 15 month retirement visa with multiple re entry. It expires 25th June 2018. I now need to get another one . My question is what are peoples opinions on who to get to do it ? Timing how far in advance can I apply (eg now?) and any other advice . In short I own a condo in Pattaya in my name, so I have the blue book. I also have  permanent 1m baht + in my Thai B/A so i can get a letter now( if not too early) confirming this. Obviously I want Visa to start on 25th June 2018 lasting for 15 months as before with multiple re-entry as before. Last time I used Key Visa but was expensive at 30,000baht. I know would be cheaper with them this time to be fair, but I would prefer use someone literally outside Jomtien Immigration  , so any recommendations there? Or do I bite the bullet and do myself. I think most companys want circa  10,000 baht for second/third etc retirement visa. If all I have to do is fill in a form ( which one?) , bring the house book, updated bank book, letter from Kaisikorn, and passport. I'm tempted to do myself tbh . How long does in take ? Anything else I need to do/bring?..Thanks in advance

Edited by Rolanddrums

The extension is only for one year from the date your current one ends.

Apparently the 15 months was when you had a 90 day non-o visa entry applied for at immigration and then a one year extension from the end of the 90 days.

You can apply for the new extension of stay during the last 30 days of your current extension.

The letter from the bank should be done on or the day before the day you apply for the extension. You will also need copies of your updated bank book to prove the 800k baht has been in the bank for 3 months.

You can do it yourself. The fee for the extension is 1900 baht. For a multiple re-entry permit the fee is 3800 baht or for a single re-entry permit for 1000 baht.

You could ask the agent what the fee would be this time.

If you go to Jomtien office, go to the left outside the office.

There are people there who will assist you with the paperwork for a small fee.  I believe 300 b.

PS:  I used an agent my first time also, but all extensions I have done myself.

Like others say, it is not that hard just have all your documents.  If you screw up my experience as opposed to some complainers, is the IO's at that office will help you.

Just be polite. 

Edited by bkk6060

OP, The 15 months is something the agents manage to do for your first extension, when you use them. Next extension will be 12 months, either through an agent or doing it yourself.

Ok helpful thanks guys . So this time I can only get 12 months ( not 15) but thats ok. I pay  1900 for this 12 month extension + 3800 for the multiple re entry.  I can apply upto 30 days before current Ext ends . So in my case after 26th May as ends 25th June. I would have have to get letter from bank same day or 1 day before the date I apply . Surprisingly tight schedule but ok I suppose. I have 800k+ in account, It's been in b/a well over 3 months so no problem there. I will ask Visa company on left just outside Jomtien Imm how much they want . If a few hundred over above figures is fine by me . Is it normally done all same day if I get there 8am? Anything else I need to know/bring?...thanks

ooh I more question ..If I apply less than 30 days before current Extension expires, does my new Extension still run from when current one expires (ie 25 June 2018 until 25 June 2019) or 12 months from date of application ? Which would lose me upto a month.

Edited by Rolanddrums

1 hour ago, Rolanddrums said:

ooh I more question ..If I apply less than 30 days before current Extension expires, does my new Extension still run from when current one expires (ie 25 June 2018 until 25 June 2019) or 12 months from date of application ? Which would lose me upto a month.

Day 1 of the new extension will be June 26th regardless of how early you apply. You lose nothing by applying early. The extension of stay is for a full calendar year so it will expire June 25th 2019.

Edited by elviajero