What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Tv series - New Blood

Two episodes (from 7) into this new one by the Beeb and it's really good.

IMDB: The series follows junior investigators Stefan and Rash, who are brought together by a link between two seemingly unrelated cases.

• Like 1

Flowers,s 6 part dark comedy about a dysfunctional family give it a go ,it's not bad at all,watch it to the end

If your from Southern England you'll love it, if your from the North you won't. Guess where I'm from, cause I hated it. Deleted that krap off my hard drive. Worst comedy ever.

Flowers,s 6 part dark comedy about a dysfunctional family give it a go ,it's not bad at all,watch it to the end

If your from Southern England you'll love it, if your from the North you won't. Guess where I'm from, cause I hated it. Deleted that krap off my hard drive. Worst comedy ever.

Well of course us southerners are just a little more sophisticated than out northern brothers and understand things better .biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif just joking

Well of course us southerners are just a little more sophisticated than out northern brothers and understand things better .biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif just joking

I'm from Australia and still loved it. Maybe too subtle for Northerners, ie not like Benny Hill?

Edited by giddyup

the new series of top gear with Chris Evans is on kat .

E2 was quite good this morning. I thought ol' foureyes would be a Moyes to Clarkson's Ferguson but the transition at the moment doesn't seem too bad.

Each episode is followed by 'Extra gear*' which I understand is an Attenborough-esque explanation as to how it was made.

(*'no stream available' when I tried to view this a few mins ago)

Edited by evadgib

I'm watching 'Bear Gryll's The Island' season 2. Basically a group of men have been dropped off on one island and on the other women.

This reality survival show goes to the extreme if you ask me. People starving for weeks, accidents, bitten by poisoness animals. All in the name of entertainment. Still it's better than watching Thai T.V with the missus. Give it a go, there's some nudy bits in it as well.

post-221427-14653148376115_thumb.jpg

The Brits can pack more great writing and acting into those 6 episode series than US series do in 22.

So the Brits keep telling us, but, in general, I prefer American shows.

I have to agree, now and again the Brits will turn out a gem, but nothing to compete with Breaking Bad, Homeland, Billions, Ray Donovan etc.

Peaky blinders exceeds all of those with the exception of breaking bad.

• Like 1

This new one from AMC didn't really do it for me.

Summary: The series is about two close friends who once shared a dream of opening their own restaurant. There's Dion the wildly
talented chef with a cocaine problem; best friend and sommelier Tommy; and Tommy's now-dead wife Rie ,
who died in a hit-and-run the same night Dion burned down the restaurant they all worked at while planning to open their own —
which means that Tommy is no longer a sommelier, he's just a guy who sells wine and drinks some of it in the car.

• Like 1

Tv series - Secret City

A really good start to this 6 part political thriller from Oz.

IMDB: Beneath the placid facade of Canberra, amidst rising tension between China and America, senior political journalist Harriet Dunkley
uncovers a secret city of interlocked conspiracies, putting innocent lives in danger including her own.

• Like 2

I've seen the pilot episode for Animal Kingdom, a new U.S. TV series based upon an Australian movie of the same name. It stars Ellen Barkin as the matriarch of a crime family. Pilot episode was solid and worth watching. Second episode airs 21 June.

• Like 2

Peaky Blinders, Season 3

Best season yet! Paddy Considine is excellent as a bent priest, and Tom Hardy dominates in the last 2 episodes in his over the top "Wandering Jew" role. Brother Arthur (Paul Anderson) is still a tightly wrapped PTSD casualty, ready to explode at any time. New boy Michael (Finn Cole), Polly's son, gets more face time, and makes good use of it. And Polly (Helen McRory) as always, is a woman and a half.

What a nasty town Birmingham must've been in those days.

The season ends in the most outrageous cliff hanger yet. More more!

TEN, by order of the Peaky Blinders!

• Like 1

A new quirky reality thingie on UK TV - Escape to the Chateau. About a couple who buy a 45 room castle in France, and are renovating it.

I watched the first episode and loved it and them!!

Just downloading the second episode as i write - on KAT.

• Like 1

Tv series - 11.22.63

I'm not really into Sci-fi so I wasn't going to bother with this one, but the reviews were really
good so decided to give it a try. Have watched 4 of 8 episodes so far and really enjoying it.

Based on the Stephen King novel.

Summary: A teacher discovers a time portal that leads to October 21st, 1960 and goes on a quest to try and prevent the assassination
of John F. Kennedy, which is complicated by the presence of Lee Harvey Oswald and the fact that he's falling in love with the past itself.

• Like 2

Happy Valley R.I.P. ??? Say it ain't so!!

Just read in a publication that is hard to access from our location (initials DM) that Happy Valley, the wonderfully different cop show, set in West Yorkshire, UK, may not be back because the star, Sarah Lancashire, has no doubt been receiving some much better $$$ offers. That's a shame, because this is a great show. True, it is completely centered around Sgt. Cawood, the part played to perfection by Ms. Lancashire.However, like the immortal girl group Honey Cone told us so long ago,

One Monkey Don't Stop No Show!

. The show could be rebuilt around the character Ann Gallagher (Charlie Murphy), the troubled rich girl who got abducted by the ultra-evil Satanic Womanizer Tommy Lee Royce (James Norton BadAss of the Year!), who became a rookie cop after the ordeal. Let's use the tired old device of Cawood getting promoted up to Scotland Yard, or, if the producers are really p.o'd at Sarah, just say her character got killed by Royce, who escaped while going to court.

This show was one of the best entries from UK TV, and I was just beginning to understand the Yorx accent. Please, bring it back!

TEN, unequivocably.

Edited by Frank James
  • Like 1

Peaky Blinders...Gypsies?

I have been a fan of this series from the beginning, but there's one thing I don't understand. The Shelby crew are referred to as "Gypsies", but I don't see how or why. Shelby is not a "Roma" (true designation for so-called Gypsy people) name, and none of the family except for perhaps Polly, (Helen McRory) have the exotic dark good looks of the classic Roma people.

I became acquainted with a Roma clan in Portland, OR, and they were great folks. They love to have big family gatherings, eating, drinking and singing. They are very musical people. The Shelbys don't fit the profile. What am I missing?