What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

4 hours ago, champers said:

I thought it was quite upfront about his drug and alcohol abuse, his racist rantings and pinching his best friend's wife.

Some of it could hardly be ignored! And the drugs & alcohol abuse worked in well for his redemption at the end--which has been, well, pretty extraordinary. The death of his son as catalyst was handled as well as possible (SO sad) without after all making a point of the "neglect" that led to it. 

He did paint himself as one of life's victims, which is far from true.

It was a bit too long and I would have liked more music and less psycho babble.

Spot on. I'd also have liked a bit more analysis of his music and his playing, its distinctiveness.

Saw him at Manchester Apollo on FA Cup Final day in May 1983. Good grief, that is 35 years ago.

Saw him at the open-air Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View, California, on September 21, 1988. 'Twas part of his 25th Anniversary tour. My friends and I had a good spot on a blanket near the front, we were suitably refreshed, and I'll never forget it! :smile:

Loved Killing Eve...very dry.

Some good ones this week.

Very funny Ch4 series called Lee and Dean...about two builders, almost gervaisian, written by 2 proteges of Armand Ianucci the genius. 2 episodes out. 

Lowlife...excellent but graphic. Pulp Fiction vibe, lives intersecting etc...without the heavy star power and pithy dialogue.

The Spinning Man has an interesting start and middle but then fizzled...still, better than getting yourself shot at in a bahtbus at 5am in pattaya.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2018 at 2:32 PM, sanuk711 said:

Ordeal by Innocence

Three part adaptation of Ordeal by Innocence, It’s an Agee Christie set in the late 50s – History is ,

Wealthy philanthropist family (money all from the mother) adopt 5 children all of them a little….odd. Mother gets murdered Jack one of the sons gets jailed.   It starts at present day when the now rich father is about to remarry, A person arrives saying that he was with Jack at the time of murder……….so the usual Christie “who done it”…3 part BBC started last night.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6118426/ 

I am enjoying this---strong acting, led by Bill Nighy (seems like he has been around the BBC forever) good cast. Just 3 episodes--2 out now.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

just watched Paterno with al pacino as the football coach at the centre of a huge pedo scandal, directed by barry levinson the same guy who made the madoff film. worth watching if you have absolutely f'all to do.

very interesting, Barry Levinson also directed Diner, Tin Men, Rain Man and Good morning, Vietnam...might be interesting to see what he's up to these days...

13 hours ago, giddyup said:

The Terror. Episodes 6-10 just released.This seems to be a largely unknown, but excellent series.

Will give it a try, tnx. Loved the Hyperion novels by the same author.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tv series - Amo.

I'm enjoying this one at the minute.
Only 20 odd minutes per episode.

Summary: Set amidst the height of the Philippine government's crackdown on illegal drugs, high school
student Joseph gets tangled up in the chaotic underworld of drugs and corruption.

• Thanks 1

They have put the whole season 4 of Bosch on the net....... 10 episodes ..............:omfg:

Best place to find them all in separate epiodes or just 1 download is RARB

Edited by sanuk711

13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Just shows how good my total recall has become Will27........guess I could go back and watch them all again..............:omfg:

I suppose that might be 1 benefit of getting Alzheimer's...

:omfg:

:smile:

Not suggesting at all that you have it mate.

:smile:

• Haha 1

Just downloaded the new series of lost in space. Why do all new series have to be so PC? A white family with a black daughter and a white one . The woman is in charge not the man . It has very bad reviews but i thought i would give it a try .you know its no good when you start reading half way through the first episode.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app