What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Not watching yet, but I've heard The Knick with Clive Owen is good and the first series started August 8th.

Appreciate feedback if anyone is watching.

Medical drama set in the 1900s charts the exploits of the staff and patients at a New York hospital, where they try to maintain their reputation for quality care while struggling to keep the doors open

very good ,look foreward to each episode

• Like 1

Not watching yet, but I've heard The Knick with Clive Owen is good and the first series started August 8th.

Medical drama set in the 1900s charts the exploits of the staff and patients at a New York hospital, where they try to maintain their reputation for quality care while struggling to keep the doors open

I enjoy it.

Just watched episode 5 last night.

Maybe have a look at episode 1 first and

see if it's your cup of Lipton's.

I think it's the best of the new shows. Careful attention to period details, great cast, outstanding writing and direction. All of the things that were lacking in an earlier period piece called "Copper,' and another called "Hell on Wheels." Imagine being operated on by a surgeon who has spent the evening "relaxing" in an opium den, and then injected himself with cocaine before scrubbing up for your procedure.

• Like 1

I enjoy it.

Just watched episode 5 last night.

Maybe have a look at episode 1 first and

see if it's your cup of Lipton's.

I think it's the best of the new shows. Careful attention to period details, great cast, outstanding writing and direction. All of the things that were lacking in an earlier period piece called "Copper,' and another called "Hell on Wheels." Imagine being operated on by a surgeon who has spent the evening "relaxing" in an opium den, and then injected himself with cocaine before scrubbing up for your procedure.

I agree. Just watched the first episode, but incredible period treatment and all the elements you mentioned, plus I love how they have integrated modern ambient music into the drug-induced moments, etc., and it really works, which often does not in period pieces.

I'll comment after watching all the episodes available so far.

*and Clive Owen is a great actor, one of my favorites.

Edited by keemapoot

I'm just re-watching "The World's End", a film with a simple answer to "What's the worst that could happen on a night out..."

Good call! What a cast!

Silly story, though. For reasons unknown to me, I enjoyed it nevertheless.smile.png

• Like 1

Well, Ray went down like a ton of bricks for me. Apart from seeing his naked buttocks and fine tuned physique!!!

I've got twice the physique he has

Cowboy: I just got the joke! See your twice and raise you 25%! Ray's got nothing on us! Arrrggghh!

I'll keep watching "Sons of Anarchy" this year, but am wondering how much I'll like it. Jax and the boys have crossed the line from "good" bad guys to absolute scum. It is hard to care what happens to them anymore.

It's a total parody. I liked the first series then it went OTT> We all accept poetic license but SOA goes way too over the top. The acting is terrible also. Strangely i have watched every series including the first episode on the final season.

2/10 for me

Scott and Bailey - i really like those two.

And when i wasa googling i noticed that my Chicago Fire with my firemen is starting very soon... No one told me that. I could have been off with the fairys and nothing ...

Anyway, let you off, i found a list of all new and old "Fall" series on Huffington Post. Gives you dates and times and whatever. And quite a good read as well. Next week seems to be the staying at home an downloading week.

I thought Ray when he so lovely dived into the sea he was drowning himself.

Edited by Patsycat
  • Like 1

Having almost lived on the beaches in S. California in my youth, I an tell you that winter or summer, that water is COLD, especially at night. Dangerous too, with those scattered rocks. Ray is going to have severe "shrinkage" when he climbs back out of that surf. No towel to dry off, unless semi-gay Steve comes down to "help."

Who would have thought that FX not only renews "Tyrant" for a second season but also expands it to 13 episodes (tv.com and other sources). It seems that Barry can escape the firing squad then.

Jamal didn't knock his uncle off when he had the chance, doubtful he'd knock his brother off... Despite the deceit there's a fairly strong underlying need for Jamal to payback his Barry for sticking up for him when they were kids...

The wife will be pleased with this update of a 2nd and longer season...

• Like 2

Who would have thought that FX not only renews "Tyrant" for a second season but also expands it to 13 episodes (tv.com and other sources). It seems that Barry can escape the firing squad then.

I am surprised but happy about that. It's not high IQ viewing, but it is somehow addictive in a stupid sort of way.

• Like 2

For Michael C Hall fans, "Cold in July" is on Pirate Bay with Don Johnson and Sam Shepard as well. I really enjoyed it. A protective father meets a murderous ex-con. Neo-noir directed by Jim Micklee, based on a novel by Joe Lansdale. A dark, grim and violent story of retaliation and retribution.

• Like 2

If FX is going to renew "Tyrant", they'd better damn well bring back The Bridge. I love that show. Episode 11 kept the extreme tension jacked up to 11, as usual. Worth the price of admission just to see Eleanor and Sonya having a brief sit-down chat. Wish I could rave on about it, but I know most of you fans aren't up to speed yet.

Is there ever a show on TV that doesn't make the CIA seem really evil? Not counting that lame Tom Clancy stuff.

• Like 1

Speaking of Tyrant... Anyone looking to get their fix of Jamal's wife (Moran Atias)... Set yourself up with... Third Person... Also set yourself up with the same movie if you enjoy seeing Olivia Wilde's boobs ;)

Mila Klunis is always a delight to watch, though she's a bit rough in this one...

But remember to fast forward the parts involving that muppet James Franco, he adds absolutely ZERO to this film...

• Like 2

No, can't do it! Sorry, but I can't handle listening to the precocious wisdoms of 15 year old boys and girls in a hospital for the rich and super-rich. The constant girly music is not helping, either. i quit "Red Band Society" after the pilot.

• Like 1