What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

A warning: Grand Hotel Budapest! I either din't get the fine wit and great irony in this movie, that features basically every great actor alive today...or it was just a pretentious, blown up, overhyped piece of boring garbage! Didn't speak to me...at all!

I concur. No complaints about the actors, but what a waste of their talent.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Secrets and Lies: I can honestly say, I did not see that coming...

A few episodes ago I became so curious that I watched the last episode of the Australian original. I was a tiny little bit surprised, too. I guess, there won't be a second season?

Secrets and Lies: I can honestly say, I did not see that coming...

A few episodes ago I became so curious that I watched the last episode of the Australian original. I was a tiny little bit surprised, too. I guess, there won't be a second season?

Yeah I was tempted to do that as well... I think there's still room for a second season though as there is still a few things that need to play out...

• Like 1

Started watching "The Returned" and "The Messengers" - not sure, where are they going, especially with the 2nd one...

The Messengers

Awful stuff. The first episode was okay, but it deteriorates rapidly from there. AGAIN, the American thing of impossibly good looking main characters and implausible dialogue. It is aimed at the 18-34 bracket.

A mysterious object plummets to Earth, sending out a shock wave that causes five strangers to die, only to miraculously come back to life moments later. Drawn together by fate and biblical prophecy, the "Messengers" soon learn they now have supernatural gifts that might be the only hope for preventing the impending Rapture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Messengers_%28TV_series%29

This show goes into my *Danger! Danger! Annoying TV! Avoid!* folder

https://youtu.be/IIypdzgZAaI

I fear less for the age bracket it is aimed at...I think, I have a problem with the overall message!

The apocalypse is always a tempting "story"...unless you are going for the "god is all good and mighty and we should believe in him and all will be good"- narrative!

• Like 2

madam secretary concludes series one and apparently season 2 was announced in January 2 b aired when i'm not sure.

But, thought it was a reasonable 'fill in' watch, needs to pick up a bit more in strength and tempo and by the looks of how it left off may well end up

a touch 2 'soapy' for me but we will see.

Gangland undercover. Made 2015 I'm watching this series now and am enjoying it. 8.6 on IMDB

This was a good one, just 5 episodes (or was it 6?)

Set itself up for a second series

Doubt it, it was based on a true story,

Gangland undercover. Made 2015 I'm watching this series now and am enjoying it. 8.6 on IMDB

That's why there will be a second season and probably a third.

He later infiltrated a second bikie gang, the Mongols.

• Like 2

E

Three in and its a decently handled series. And if thats the case , Wow, sounded like the powers to be really got their pennies worth out of him, almost feel sori for the dumb mother f-- cer, should have negotiated an exit package ie i give u this and i'm out. Still, good watch might even look the book up.

Edit anyone watching 'Silicon valley? currently getting mid 8 's on imdb, its diferent and overall aint a bad watch.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

The reason there'll be a third, is because, he also got inside The Outlaws as well... How the <deleted> nobody made him is beyond me... Look forward to seeing it...

I've got 2 and a half episodes to go...

2 movies i caught up with from a site uptheos recommended a while back.

Parallels.

Good concept, but this was a low budget style version and lacked decent script and plotline. Looked like a prelude to a Syfy channel series. 4/10 from me

A mysterious building is the gateway to infinite parallel Earths.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3479316/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Tracers

Not much to say about this movie...Fills in some time. Watch it on an international flight when you are bored. 3/10 from me

Wanted by the Chinese mafia, a New York City bike messenger escapes into the world of parkour after meeting a beautiful stranger.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2401097/

• Like 2

Any fans of Undateable would do well not to miss last nights "Live" episodes. More cameo's than a LiveAid concert! Pretty damn funny actually, don't often see this kind of TV.

The interesting thing done here was that because of differing time zones in the USA, they did 2 separate episodes. Essentially the same but with subtle differences along the way.

Wouldn't complain if they made it a 42 min (sans-ads) sitcom as opposed to the standard 21 min (sans-ads) sitcom.

• Like 2

The Messengers is just awful.

It was crap!! I love new series and am usually the first to watch them, but that just left me a bit baffled.

I'm still trying to get my head around The Returned - but at least that has some sort of storyline going on.

• Like 2

A new Brit four part drama started last night called Safe House.

First episode so so.

Sad to see Indian Summers has finished, but hope they will do a second series. Which i think they will, the way it finished.

Just finished episode 3 of Safe House and I quite like it.

IMDB: A married couple are asked by a police officer and their close friend to turn their remote Guest House into a Safe House.

• Like 2

TV series - Arne Dahl

Am half way through this Swedish series and think it's an absolute cracker.
If you enjoyed The Bridge, you will like this one.

Quite long, consisting of 10 shows at approx 90 minutes each.

IMDB: Three Swedish financiers are murdered over three consecutive nights. Evidence suggests that the killings will continue and the world of finance is panicked. The police quickly set up a special unit under the leadership of Detective Jenny Hultin. She hand picks six police officers from across the country and they form the so-called A-group. Under enormous pressure they attempt to solve the case before more finance officers are murdered.

• Like 1

TV series - Arne Dahl

IMDB: Three Swedish financiers are murdered over three consecutive nights. Evidence suggests that the killings will continue and the world of finance is panicked. The police quickly set up a special unit under the leadership of Detective Jenny Hultin. She hand picks six police officers from across the country and they form the so-called A-group. Under enormous pressure they attempt to solve the case before more finance officers are murdered.

Appears to be 2 seasons of this one. 2011/12 and the most current 2015

• Like 1

TV series - Arne Dahl

Appears to be 2 seasons of this one. 2011/12 and the most current 2015

Thanks for that BookMan, I didn't realise that.

Just saw that another 10 epsiodes have been released this year.

"There is no news yet about dates for international distribution,[11] although the BBC has confirmed it will air the second season on BBC Four sometime in 2015."

I will keep en eye out for them.

• Like 1

Silicon Valley is Back!

Season 2 is on now, and some new cast members and situations are making this show funnier than ever. I have to hit pause a lot when I'm watching this just to have an uncontrollable laughing fit. Then roll it back to hear it again. Venture Capitalist Peter Gregory has passed away, and the lady who takes his place is even more painfully up tight than he was. Guilfoyle and Dinesh are still ranking on each other all day long, and now Dinesh's cousin comes on the scene, with his Kickstarter-funded "Killer App", called "Bro."

Might not be everybody's cuppa tea, but it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, as it lampoons the whole "Digital Age," and all of the would-be high flyers, trying to cash in.

TEN, and Super Bro's all around!

• Like 1