What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Infinity War.

Got to be me I did not like it.

Cartoonish CGI yelling and fighting way to many of these people a cluster mess.  Then the ending???

If I watch them much prefer one super hero like an Iron Man or Capt. America movie.

I am sure it will make a billion dollars.

On 18/04/2018 at 5:42 PM, giddyup said:

I was bored with it 20 minutes in. Another USA saves the world BS.

12 Strong: I quite enjoyed the movie but only as a gung-ho action flick.  Kinda like like USA SF meets the 7th Cavalry, all that was missing towards the end was the cavalry bugle 'charge' playing.  Found it odd that, IIRC, all but one of the guys had never ridden before yet manage to become expert riders, and experts at shooting from horseback (no mean feat!) to boot, in the space of what, days???  If it did happen like that, kudos for sure, but Hollywood sometimes has a habit of over-egging reality.

Lost in Space, actually quite enjoyed it.  A lot of negative reviews that compare it to the original (which was OK in its day I suppose but pretty dire when I revisited it and tried to watch through a few episodes last year) but I don't think a digitised update of the original would have cut it in this day and age.  The Netflix version has its flaws for sure (the overly frumpy mum-come-super brain scientist Mrs Robinson grates on me, miserable cow, I can really see why Mr Robinson buggered off!!) but the story I think is better developed and the aliens a bit more menacing and frequent.  I think they did a god job TBH.

Homeland still good but gone from being pretty far fetched to off the meter at the moment.  Carrie's bipolar is really front and centre this time around with pretty pointless padding around custody of her daughter and the never ending shots of Carrie gasping for breath.  The episodes should be re-labelled 1) Carrie goes panting; 2) Carrie's sharp intake of breath; 3) Carrie exhales through pursed lips.  Can't think why they even dialled the bipolar condition into the series at all TBH, let alone start to max it out.  Totally stupid.

The Americans still pretty good IMO though it's probably good it's the last season.  The Walking Dead would benefit from being killed off too IMO, each season is like 2 episodes padded out to fill the season.

Super impressed with Taboo, one of those shows where I wished I'd missed it and there were like 4 seasons already.  Great actors, great acting (Tom Hardy particularly menacing in this!), great scripts and great sets.  Sadly only two more episodes to watch.  Also started watching Knightfall, a story around the Knights Templar and the (Dan Brown induced?) connection to the Holy Grail.  Bit slow and dreary and none of the things that make Taboo great apply LOL.  But I like the era and the costumes so will try and persevere.  Also trying to work up the enthusiasm to watch Mr Robot S3, but S2 really dragged for me.  American Gods - gave up.

Edited by SooKee
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm that:
The Moorside. Two one-hour episodes, produced by the BBC in 2017.
Dramatisation of the search for a missing schoolgirl in 2008.
I thought it was very good too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Moorside

Ok cheers for.

How about the 2 part drama about the British serial Killer, Fred West?

“Appropriate Adult”.

I thought this was really good.

11 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Ok cheers for.

“Appropriate Adult”.

Where can you find it? The only places I've seen it have no seeds or leechers for downloads.

I've only just started to follow this thread. I'd assume these two UK TV series have had a mention before though?

Luther S1-4 (2010-15) Crime drama about a London detective who's not too good at following the rules, pretty unconventional. A little violent at times.

Shetland S1-4 (2013-17)  Crime drama set on Shetland.

A bit Midsomer Murder-ish in the respect that there's a murder or two every episode, despite in reality there have only been two murders on Shetland in the past fifty years.

(For me) it was a little slow starting, but by the time it came to S3&4, I couldn't leave it alone.

Both on torrent at the moment.

12 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Why do some of you download, rather than Clik n Play these days.?. 99 % of your recomends i just look up and they freeplay perfectly.

I'm guessing that they like uninterrupted non Internet dependent content. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'm guessing that they like uninterrupted non Internet dependent content. 

Never thought of that, or had much luck with downloads over the years, PC Games were a Disaster.Thought all Thailand had powerful internet these days.Even my I phone streams fine.

Never thought of that, or had much luck with downloads over the years, PC Games were a Disaster.Thought all Thailand had powerful internet these days.Even my I phone streams fine.

Far from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Why do some of you download, rather than Clik n Play these days.?. 99 % of your recomends i just look up and they freeplay perfectly.

I just prefer to download several TV and movie shows to my external HD and then play at my leisure through the TV. If I start a show and it doesn't grab me I just switch to something else. Had Kodi on a Media player, didn't really like it, too much choice, I was forever switching programs.

34 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Far from it.

Do you mean in Tower Blocks or Islands, the expensive monthly stuff works fine in houses North or South so far as ive found.Must do, i love a good moan.!!.. Tin Star on 123 is a fair watch 

18 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Do you mean in Tower Blocks or Islands, the expensive monthly stuff works fine in houses North or South so far as ive found.Must do, i love a good moan.!!.. Tin Star on 123 is a fair watch 

It's horrible everywhere here.

Well, not quite everywhere I suppose.

:laugh:

• Like 1

No, I was thinking more of the farangs out in the sticks in deepest darkest Isaan moo-bans.(not me BTW)

19 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

No, I was thinking more of the farangs out in the sticks in deepest darkest Isaan moo-bans.(not me BTW)

Oh, I don’t know....you have done your share of slumming it! ??

3 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Large library with watched data to share and hold for future
High quality + surround sound
Can build and binge a season uninterrupted
No need to do the Kodi addon dance when you have a rock solid source

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DMC1 said:

“Appropriate Adult”.

Just finished watching it now, I also would recommend it.

I found it a very powerful drama, especially as it all was true. I can't believe it all happened twenty-four years ago now.

IIRC, wasn't 25 Cromwell Street demolished in the end?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, giddyup said:

You mean a town that tolerates an alcoholic sheriff who is never sober? it's about as real as a $9 bill.

I thought Films were Fantasy, chewing gum for the Eyes, and Doccos were factual but with left wing bias generally.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I thought Films were Fantasy, chewing gum for the Eyes, and Doccos were factual but with left wing bias generally.

It started out OK, and with Tim Roth I thought it was going to be a winner, but it just started to get silly. I like over the top shows like Banshee as much as the next guy, but it doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is. Just one man's opinion.

• Like 2