What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Just watched stand up virgin soldiers ,from 1977 Pamala Anderson in the nude ,the w word ,and lots of un pc stuff ,took me back to a time when the P C thought police did not constantly keep an eye on us in the west. got it from P B

I just watched American Hustle on the flight to BKK and I found it disturbing...a good pal of mine from NJ talks and moves like the Christian Bale character and I always said to him: 'you are a con man (we were broke in Prince George, BC and panhandling and he raised enough change from a bunch of drunken indians for us to get some wine ...and he was also good wid de ladies)' and he said : 'aw hell, tutsi...yer supposed to be my pal...'

he is still a pal after all the years, upstanding and raised 4 kids in a respectable gov't job...thing is I knew that he didn't have a clue about what he was doing but he succeeded amongst all the budget cuts and etc and he knows that I know...but his wife is a wonderful person and we both know and that's good enuf for me...

I could always count upon him...which is scary from a con artist; dishonest as shit, but reliable...

(I was helping them move house one day and we stopped fer lunch and his wife said: 'whaddaya want to drink?' and he said 'milk, please' and I was then reminded of the line in a movie when a gentleman enters a lowlife bar looking for a fight and orders 'milk' and then I retorted like the line in the movie: 'cow's milk, monseiur?...or mother's milk?!!!' and his wife burst with laughter...and he said: 'whaaa?'...lovable ol' conman...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I watched Lincoln on dvd a couple of days ago, very good movie in my opinion, It is about President Abraham Lincoln in the days just before the end of the civil war until the time of his death. 8.5/10.

Last night I watched Halo 4, Forward unto Dawn, after having played the game I was expecting an animated movie, but it has live characters combined with some very good cgi, the game begins where the movies ends. 8.5/10.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Watched "The Monument's Men" last night... Felt like I was watching the Prequal to the Ocean's 11,12,13 franchise...

Overall fairly good watching... 7/10 for me...

I only got to about 20 minutes of this utter rubbish before it was deleted 1/10 from me and thats generous, no wonder its hit the streets already, same with Pompeii 100 Million wasted on that as well

I watched Lincoln on dvd a couple of days ago, very good movie in my opinion, It is about President Abraham Lincoln in the days just before the end of the civil war until the time of his death. 8.5/10.

Hello, spoiler alert?!!!

I kid, I kid, because real ones do bother me if I haven't seen the movie or episode.

• Like 1

I think the first four seasons were good. The last four were mere fillers for the finale.

That's similar to how I feel. There was a major plot development at about that time that I thought affected the series negatively afterwards.

Most seasons stand alone in a way. Season 6 with Edward James Olmos did almost nothing for me.

I liked the finale OK, but I saw it a couple of weeks after it aired. I had heard that many people thought it was awful, and I'm often a contrarian at times like this.

Why am I getting a misspell alert for contrarian?

Saw a little gem recently called The Selfish Giant.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2304426/?ref_=nv_sr_1

From IMDB: A contemporary fable about two scrappy 13-year-old working-class friends

in the UK who seek fortune by getting involved with a local scrap dealer and criminal, leading to tragic consequences.

A bit like a Ken Loach film. One of those English dour and gritty films dealing

with poverty and domestic violence etc.

I really enjoyed this one but have a feeling it will mainly appeal to those on here who have a liking for these type of English films.

You know who you arebiggrin.png

• Like 1

Watched a rom com last night, About Last Night: Pretty damn funny actually. Predictable story line but funny all the same. 7/10 for me.

Taking a plane ride later today so have lined up a couple of movies to watch as I've had a look at the movies for the flight and well, I've seen them all tongue.png

For tonights viewing;

3 Days to Kill

Captain America: The Winter Warrior

Blood Ties

Will also catch up on some TV series along the way; NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Chicago Fire and About a Boy.

Along with a couple of cleansing ales, that should be pretty much through smile.png

EDIT- tried to link the movies but for some reason it wasn't working, apologies all..

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 2

Watched a rom com last night, About Last Night: Pretty damn funny actually. Predictable story line but funny all the same. 7/10 for me.

Taking a plane ride later today so have lined up a couple of movies to watch as I've had a look at the movies for the flight and well, I've seen them all tongue.png

For tonights viewing;

3 Days to Kill

Captain America: The Winter Warrior

Blood Ties

Will also catch up on some TV series along the way; NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Chicago Fire and About a Boy.

Along with a couple of cleansing ales, that should be pretty much through smile.png

EDIT- tried to link the movies but for some reason it wasn't working, apologies all..

Have you found a dvd Captain America? only ones I found so far are poor

I enjoyed the first new episode of 24, but have to admit that Keifer Sutherland and several others are looking too old for their roles. I still enjoyed it though

I just downloaded the first two episodes and after watching the first, I agree. It's kinda like "The Bourne Identity goes Geriatric." Sutherland is approaching 50 but looks a decade older as he performs stunts that would put a 20 year old in traction. William Devane, great actor, works as a 75 year old US President, but that is still pretty old by Hollywood standards notwithstanding Ronald Reagan.

That blond Australian beauty from Dexter is in a starring role, so that is easier on the eye than those two guys. wub.png

Speaking of Bourne, it does sort of feel like a retake of Bourne, mixed with the old 24 format, and should be enjoyable popcorn-chomping action. For sure the original 24 was a great roller coaster ride every week.

Have fed mine through a conversion program and tweaked a couple of things, watching on an iPad should be enough for it to be watchable. Well at least that's what I'm counting on..

They released TWO episodes of 24, but I did not know it until the next day. Halfway though the second one, I was on the edge of my seat like the old days. Who cares if Jack Bauer looks too old for the part? It has been a while, but I am pretty sure that they are making him more of a superman type than they used to. He is in a room full of professional murderers with machine guns and he tells them,, "You may think that I am at a bit of a disadvantage here, but I assure you that I am not" and then he proceeds to kill them all with a variety of weapons that he finds in the room.

By the way, the woman who plays Chloe on 24 is a really good actress. I always thought she was neurotic in real life and kind of playing herself, but I saw an interview and she seemed totally normal - nothing like her part in the show.
Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Have fed mine through a conversion program and tweaked a couple of things, watching on an iPad should be enough for it to be watchable. Well at least that's what I'm counting on..

Just saw there is a screener out, looks ok in the screen caps, but has Chinese subs by the look of it

Got mine from PB can't remember the torrent name, but it had Spanish subs, which I tried to crop out. The copy I have is watchable and the adjusted soundtrack doesn't have that echoey sound you get from a cam.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Saw this cracking independent movie the other day: Metro Manila.

From IMDB: Seeking a brighter future in megacity Manila, Oscar Ramirez and his family flee their
impoverished life in the rice fields of the northern Philippines. But the sweltering capital's bustling
intensity quickly overwhelms them, and they fall prey to the rampant manipulations of its hardened locals.

I really liked this one and would rate it an 8 every day of the week.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

From IMDB: Seeking a brighter future in megacity Manila, Oscar Ramirez and his family flee their

impoverished life in the rice fields of the northern Philippines. But the sweltering capital's bustling

intensity quickly overwhelms them, and they fall prey to the rampant manipulations of its hardened locals.

I look forward to watching this one

Jack Ryan was entertaining , amazing how many British actors get leading roles these days in Hollywood and US TV, albeit with American accents

Yeah, I just watched Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit, was a pretty good action movie, with a fairly decent story line. I guess you're referring to Keira Knightley who was female lead. I don't like her, and she looks like an HIV victim she's so thin, I mean Starvin' Marvin thin. Chris Pine is pretty one dimensional, but works as an action star.

• Like 1

Thanks for turning us on to this excellent independent foreign film! I see it won some awards at Sundance and Bafta, and it is visually very appealing too (the blue ray rip is on piratebay). Watched it today.

Really reminds me why I live in Thailand and not Philippines (though I didn't need the film to do that).

• Like 1

This American Life - TV series.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0805978/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Have just finished series 1 of this quirky little series and really liked it.

It's a documentary made up of 6 episodes which are only about 30 minutes long.
Each show is usually broken up into 2 different acts.

Summary: The first season begins with the saga of Chance, a Brahma bull who met President Bush, appeared in a movie with Vince Vaughn, and guested on The Late Show. To prepare for the passing of their elderly pet and "business associate," Chance's owners clone him, but things don't go as planned. Their segment airs in tandem with a piece in which an improv group gives a band their best gig ever--to mixed results. In other episodes, Glass profiles a late-in-life screenwriter, the stepson of a one-hit wonder, and a 14-year-old who's sworn off love. As quirky as these one-act movies sound, Glass and reporters Jorge Just, Nancy Updike, Nazanin Rafsanjani, and Alex Blumberg play up the universality of their subjects rather going for exploitation or easy laughs. They also leave it up to viewers to provide morals and conclusions. Emmy voters presented This American Life with awards for outstanding non-fiction series and direction, while Showtime renewed the show for a second season.

• Like 1

A new series from welsh tv looks quite good ,its called Hinterland, just downloaded it from PB ,going to give it a whirl ,unfortunatly this afternoon had to sit through "Enders Game" ,our son loved it and downloaded it especially so we could watch itcoffee1.gif ,basically Harrison Ford ,complete with wrinkles and a teenage boy ,saving the universe.

Hinterland looks interesting, ill give that a go

I caught up with Hinterland the other week. Just have the final episode of the 4 to go.

For anyone who liked any of these (The Fall, Broadchurch, Top of The Lake, True Detective) then you should like Hinterland. Not quite the same script and performances but still good:

• Like 1

A new series from welsh tv looks quite good ,its called Hinterland, just downloaded it from PB ,going to give it a whirl ,unfortunatly this afternoon had to sit through "Enders Game" ,our son loved it and downloaded it especially so we could watch itcoffee1.gif ,basically Harrison Ford ,complete with wrinkles and a teenage boy ,saving the universe.

Hinterland looks interesting, ill give that a go

I caught up with Hinterland the other week. Just have the final episode of the 4 to go.

For anyone who liked any of these (The Fall, Broadchurch, Top of The Lake, True Detective) then you should like Hinterland. Not quite the same script and performances but still good:

Yep, I just finished episode two last night and agree.

IMO, it's really hard to beat the majority BBC produced shows.

• Like 1

Where can I buy or download the big bang series with Thai or Thai subtitles. I purchased season one in a mail in Chonburi. They no longer carry it and for some reason can't or won't order any more seasons. My Thai friends absolutely love Sheldon !!

Where can I buy or download the big bang series with Thai or Thai subtitles. I purchased season one in a mail in Chonburi. They no longer carry it and for some reason can't or won't order any more seasons. My Thai friends absolutely love Sheldon !!

Shocking that Thais like a guy with no masculinity. 555

I watched a movie today, Away from Her.

A Canadian production with Julie Christie's superb performance as an Alzeimer's sufferer, being the redeeming feature.

I believe she was one of the Best Actress nominees for this role.

Anyone know if there's going to be a second True Detective series and if so is it still going to be Mathew Mc and Woody Harrelson?

Terrific 1st series anyway, IMO.

• Like 1