What on earth happened to Nana Plaza?

thaibeachlovers

5 hours ago, tropo said:

I didn't miss anything at all. I'm not going discuss problems I've had with people over business deals or personal loans when the topic is bar girls. I made my point, you made your point. Enough already.

Cheers!

What point was it you  made?

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

some just like the fun of getting all the money from some idiot.

True. There is something about those girls in Nana that make me just want to give them money to be with me. I'm not alone there, either.

That's why places like Nana make loadsacash for the owners.

Just as well #99 :wub:  was a coyote or I might have given her a lot of cash too. 

• Like 2

On 5/9/2018 at 11:43 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

More girls and their customers meet without the bars online. That reduces the number of girls and the number of customers in the bars.

Would you care to share the site names?

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Would you care to share the site names?

The most obvious is ThaiFriendly

In theory this is supposed to be for serious relationships but if you look at the profiles of all the girls who are looking for guys aged 18 to 99 then you might get suspicious...

7 hours ago, elgenon said:

So you haven't used this site for 1 night paid dalliances?

I have many times on TF. Also tinder and Thai Cupid and others. OneMoreFarang is 100 percent correct in his assessment of online sites and girls and gogos and girls. I like gogos but IMO the younger pretty women are bypassing the gogos for self employment online. But you only get photos and sometimes the photos are much better than in person. Not always but I have started letting them know if they show up and we don’t get along then the deal is off. (Which in my mind is if the photo is beautiful and the girl is not then no deal)  I generally don’t turn away unless the online photo is way off as now most pretty girls FaceTime or line video you to let you see them and to also see you. The best looking online women IMO are the college women who are trying to make some extra cash and are pretty or the office worker doing the same. Still not as fun as the gogos IMO but the gogos need to step up and produce quality ladies again and do something about the pretty girls that make more money off drinks and tourist tips and don’t want to be bar fined. 

Edited by Wake Up
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2018 at 7:23 PM, Wake Up said:

I have many times on TF. Also tinder and Thai Cupid and others. OneMoreFarang is 100 percent correct in his assessment of online sites and girls and gogos and girls. I like gogos but IMO the younger pretty women are bypassing the gogos for self employment online. But you only get photos and sometimes the photos are much better than in person. Not always but I have started letting them know if they show up and we don’t get along then the deal is off. (Which in my mind is if the photo is beautiful and the girl is not then no deal)  I generally don’t turn away unless the online photo is way off as now most pretty girls FaceTime or line video you to let you see them and to also see you. The best looking online women IMO are the college women who are trying to make some extra cash and are pretty or the office worker doing the same. Still not as fun as the gogos IMO but the gogos need to step up and produce quality ladies again and do something about the pretty girls that make more money off drinks and tourist tips and don’t want to be bar fined. 

Thanks for the detailed response.

Decades ago I used Yahoo chat rooms to meet women. I would meet them well in Canada and arrange to meet them when I got to Thailand.I would meet each one a different day. Got lucky 100% of the times. I was quite busy back then meeting these women and still going to the gogo at night and casual meeting of women in public. Back then I met  women crossing the street together and next day in bed. office girls. used to be so easy.

Edited by lovelomsak

15 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Decades ago I used Yahoo chat rooms to meet women. I would meet them well in Canada and arrange to meet them when I got to Thailand.I would meet each one a different day. Got lucky 100% of the times. I was quite busy back then meeting these women and still going to the gogo at night and casual meeting of women in public. Back then I met  women crossing the street together and next day in bed. office girls. used to be so easy.

So, maybe ask what happened to you?

There are so many more girls on the dating sites then ever.  1000's just in Bangkok.

Walk along the overpass at Asoke/ Sukhumvit in the morning or at lunch.  Smile, start a conversation.

1000's of opportunities out there is still very easy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So, maybe ask what happened to you?

There are so many more girls on the dating sites then ever.  1000's just in Bangkok.

Walk along the overpass at Asoke/ Sukhumvit in the morning or at lunch.  Smile, start a conversation.

I got old not a young player anymore. For young guys I think still the same. Yahoo chat was great could chat with one for hours and make a date for when in Bangkok.Chats are the best.for uni's and office girls

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Unfortunately most of the girls won't see that smile because they look all the time at their mobile phone. And I wouldn't be surprised if a considerable part of what they do on their smartphones is to look for a date...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, muffy said:

The best girls don't work in bars , internet makes them rich .

I agree, but what is "best" for you and me may not be it for the next guy.

There are still some cute girls in the bars but 95% of the time it is a wham bam go experience.

3 minutes ago, muffy said:

f

4 hours ago, Lumbini said:

Girls seem so very old now at NaNa and Cowboy emoji88.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Some are afraid but the younger girls and best experience for me in that area have been from the street.  

People would be surprised many of those girls are students or have jobs trying to make extra money.

Friendlier, better attitudes and service then BG's from my experience.

And what happened to the neighborhood at soi5 and soi7. There was  a Bookazine and adjoining Starbucks on the corner @ Sukumvite / soi5 with upstairs tables and panoramic city view . 2002-2005 .Now replaced/destroyed with Mac Donald's. The good atmosphere is gone . And this isn't just subjective it's objective,  unless you prefer Macs. Enjoy your burger and fries Hoss.

On 5/15/2018 at 2:43 PM, bkk6060 said:

People would be surprised many of those girls are students or have jobs trying to make extra money.

Nearly all the girls are also just the cashier and they dont go with guys usually , but they sometimes feel horny and may go with a guy occasionally , (usual fees apply) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

Nearly all the girls are also just the cashier and they dont go with guys usually , but they sometimes feel horny and may go with a guy occasionally , (usual fees apply) 

Sure. 

Someone has to be the cashier:)

Muliti tasking.

Edited by bkk6060

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

I remember long time ago when I was new in Bangkok and visited the Thermae Bar. Someone had told me those girls go there only occasionally to make some extra money.

So I asked many of the girls about their work. Some looked a little strange (like: you see what I do, why do you ask) but I did not realized it at that time. And some told me about sales jobs, etc. But it seems all of them had time all day and night. Strange.

Somehow I think maybe they did not all tell me the truth.

• Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, Lumbini said:

Girls seem so very old now at NaNa and Cowboy emoji88.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Not in Nana. Loads of DDG young women.

There was a period a few years back when the "quality" of girls was decidedly low, but different now.

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember long time ago when I was new in Bangkok and visited the Thermae Bar. Someone had told me those girls go there only occasionally to make some extra money.

So I asked many of the girls about their work. Some looked a little strange (like: you see what I do, why do you ask) but I did not realized it at that time. And some told me about sales jobs, etc. But it seems all of them had time all day and night. Strange.

Somehow I think maybe they did not all tell me the truth.

They have a way of dancing around the truth, don't they ?

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not in Nana. Loads of DDG young women.

There was a period a few years back when the "quality" of girls was decidedly low, but different now.

totally agree.  there was a bit of a transition a few years back, the old go go girls were fading away and there was not alot of replacements coming in.  then the go go bars began to change their compensation program.  no more monthly salaries.  the ladies started getting paid by the night (by the bar).  this brought in a whole new crew of working girls.  now many girls can get 1,000thb/nt just to show up, dance around a bit, get a lady drink or two, and go home with friends (not a 'customer').  before they couldn't qualify for their monthly salary w/o a certain number of bar fines and lady drinks each month.  i know of one bar on cowboy that went from 100 girls to 25 under the old system and now they are back up to 100 using the new system. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, buick said:

totally agree.  there was a bit of a transition a few years back, the old go go girls were fading away and there was not alot of replacements coming in.  then the go go bars began to change their compensation program.  no more monthly salaries.  the ladies started getting paid by the night (by the bar).  this brought in a whole new crew of working girls.  now many girls can get 1,000thb/nt just to show up, dance around a bit, get a lady drink or two, and go home with friends (not a 'customer').  before they couldn't qualify for their monthly salary w/o a certain number of bar fines and lady drinks each month.  i know of one bar on cowboy that went from 100 girls to 25 under the old system and now they are back up to 100 using the new system. 

I wonder how long that concept will work. 1000B per night per girl might be acceptable in a busy night. But having 100 girls with 1000B per day on stage on a rainy night just cost too much money. On top of that are the high rents, extra payments, etc. How can such a business make money (not just once or twice a week)?