What on earth happened to Nana Plaza?

thaibeachlovers

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I wonder how long that concept will work. 1000B per night per girl might be acceptable in a busy night. But having 100 girls with 1000B per day on stage on a rainy night just cost too much money. On top of that are the high rents, extra payments, etc. How can such a business make money (not just once or twice a week)?

there is a range, some bars pay 700thb, my 1000thb figure is the high end and isn't the norm.  is it possible that this arrangement produces enough income for the girls such that they choose not to work every day ?  perhaps they only show up 3-4 days a week.  maybe it works out somewhat as they stay home on a rainy day just like the customers.  can't say for sure.  also, some places have increased the bar fines but others have not.  drink prices have gone up, that is for sure.  i'd guess the businesses are not as profitable as they once were but still work out okay.   

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ones goal is to drink, buy drinks, buy more drinks, in a loud limited conversation setting and basically pay upfront for what is mostly an average time with a girl all this at tourist rip off prices, then the Gogo scene is right for you.

Every guy I know that has lived here awhile, never goes to these places.  Maybe twice a year with a visiting friend.

If your goal is take a decent girl for the evening, there are so many avenues much better then these places.

Gogo's are at the bottom of most lists...

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

If ones goal is to drink, buy drinks, buy more drinks, in a loud limited conversation setting and basically pay upfront for what is mostly an average time with a girl all this at tourist rip off prices, then the Gogo scene is right for you.

Every guy I know that has lived here awhile, never goes to these places.  Maybe twice a year with a visiting friend.

If your goal is take a decent girl for the evening, there are so many avenues much better then these places.

Some people like to have a sophisticated conversation with a "decent girl", pay her dinner, maybe go to a nightclub and pay for expensive drinks there. And maybe at the end of the night the decent girl gives them a good night kiss.

Others looks at beautiful girls dancing almost naked, pick the best one of them and have a drink or two and talk about her skills. And if she sounds like a good performer then lets do it, there and then, and not maybe later tonight is she feels like it.

Enjoy your decent girl!

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some people like to have a sophisticated conversation with a "decent girl", pay her dinner, maybe go to a nightclub and pay for expensive drinks there. And maybe at the end of the night the decent girl gives them a good night kiss.

Others looks at beautiful girls dancing almost naked, pick the best one of them and have a drink or two and talk about her skills. And if she sounds like a good performer then lets do it, there and then, and not maybe later tonight is she feels like it.

Enjoy your decent girl!

HAHA, sounds great if one has no game.

Hey, enjoy your tourist rip off spots and those beauties.

Its your money and time, glad its not mine....  

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Very negative attitude, take the Forrest Gump, Life is a Box of Chocolates approach and you won't be so unhappy

image.png.4a10cdb21c1b9fe4a1c778f54a8a43ff.png

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

well, i'm the opposite actually, i tried a few girls,

half of them gave me gonorrhea,

and after that i just spent every evening paying lady drinks.

it became more pricey, but i had a better time and didnt

get infested

14 minutes ago, poanoi said:

well, i'm the opposite actually, i tried a few girls,

half of them gave me gonorrhea,

and after that i just spent every evening paying lady drinks.

it became more pricey, but i had a better time and didnt

get infested

Sounds like you picked up the clap chap. The Red Cross clinic off Lumpini park is my go to choice for all such matters.

pls get it checked so it's not spread!

1 minute ago, Dick Crank said:

Sounds like you picked up the clap chap. The Red Cross clinic off Lumpini park is my go to choice for all such matters.

pls get it checked so it's not spread!

oh, dont worry, i ended that shit over 16 years ago and there's no going back to STD

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I'm keen to know where you would suggest going to drink, where you'll find girls willing to talk and be friendly.    Without having to pay several hundred baht per drink.

1 hour ago, seancbk said:

I'm keen to know where you would suggest going to drink, where you'll find girls willing to talk and be friendly.    Without having to pay several hundred baht per drink.

Not sure, I do not go into  bars or Gogo's anymore.

Like I asked:  What is your goal?

When I am out mine is strictly to boom.

Chat up for a few minutes then head to my room.

Plenty walking around, more then plenty on the websites, plenty in massage places.

When I mentioned meet a decent girl I should have specified one with a decent attitude and decent performance responses. With this, sorry if I sounded judgmental sorry did not mean that. I have no problem with guys hitting the bars or Gogo's, if that is what they want to do. 

I just do not like them as a place to meet my goal for the evening ( I hate the bar girl queue ), and I think the Gogo's are a rip off.

This has topic has gone on long enough, due to violations of the following:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habits, preferences or orientation.