duracell batteries

mardy1960

Actually, never seen them. Have been looking for them too. Not too hard though, due to that I found one that is almost same good.
I don´t know. Maybe someone know where you can found what you seek, but if not you can try Panasonic Evolva. Most easy to find thoose in 7-11.

For me they have been working perfect in many things.

• Thanks 1

Often when you hear hype regarding how much better one brand is compared to a cheaper competitor I often take such statements with a lot of scepticism, but truly I do believe in  Duracell, I have often come across door locks and safes with cheaper batteries that just can not handle short bursts of high power.

Never have seen Duracell in Thailand but I have never had any issue with the Panasonic ones.

• Like 1

Tesco used to sell Duracell a couple of years ago but no more. Central does sell them but 2 months ago I wanted to buy some but they were out of stock except for 1 pack of AAA. I wanted AA.

Energizer batteries in Thailand are not very good. As above, Panasonic are your best bet but those Evolva are relatively expensive.

One has to give the unavoidable answer :biggrin:

Plenty of Duracell on Lazada for shipment.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=duracell&_keyori=ss&from=input&spm=a2o4m.home.search.go.1125719cnX2h6n

I could bet that in the past they were available over the counter at misc. places but seems they have been thrown out?

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

As above, Panasonic are your best bet but those Evolva are relatively expensive.

Evolta

I don't think they are expensive compared to Duracell?

I use them with a simple battery driven screwdriver and it makes a big difference to the cheaper variants. Their max output current is much better.

8032040.jpg

Picture from Officemate.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I recommend to stay away from Duracell, they are not as good as they was before.

Every single Duracell Battery I brought with me leaked before they are empty or exceed their "use before" date.

Better use leak-proof Energizer or Panasonic cells.

2 hours ago, MoD1977 said:

I recommend to stay away from Duracell, they are not as good as they was before.

Every single Duracell Battery I brought with me leaked before they are empty or exceed their "use before" date.

Maybe counterfeit from u no where...

Used to use Duracell, we bought them in boxes of 625, I never had any instance of them leaking, they also have a use by date printed on them that should be at least 5 years.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MoD1977 said:

Which is why Duracell disappeared from Thai shelves and check-out aisles about 2 years ago. The counterfeiting issue was uncontrollable and too expensive to deal with versus the small market share that they did have here so they bailed. I would be very wary of buying Duracell batteries on lazada for the very same reason.

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

Why Duracell? Its a Myth. They are expensiv beqause hugh Marketing Budget, not for its Quality. There are a lot better Brands on the Market.

I would like to see a unbiased review as well, before paying more for a particular brand. As for Duracell, isn't it interesting that the brand who used to run the most adverts is the brand with most "believers"?

Are you willing to spend 200+ Baht for two AA batteries?

I have just seen a test in German language and noticed that you can buy Lithium cells in AA and other usual formats (non rechargeable).

The Energizer lithium cells were outperforming other cell types by factor two and more in lifetime (incl Duracell).

334 min with 500 mA constant current.

172 min with 1000 mA constant current.

Officemate has them in the online catalog for 215 Baht (2 AA cells).

Just noticed that such batteries are available since many years :whistling:

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 6.5.2018 at 1:39 PM, Basil B said:

Maybe counterfeit from u no where...

Used to use Duracell, we bought them in boxes of 625, I never had any instance of them leaking, they also have a use by date printed on them that should be at least 5 years.

I'm sure they wasn't a copy because I bought them in Austria and brought them with me when I moved to Thailand.

I also realized years ago that they had stopped promoting that they are leak-proof.

Have you tried Ikea?

Analysis

Discount cells perform very well

Surprisingly, the clear winner in this test was the Ikea alkaline, followed by other discount store batteries. The Ikea scored over 2200mAh, and costs just 10p per cell (sold in packs of 10.) Other discount shop cells did surprisingly well, with ReadyCell from Home Bargains (TJ Morris) doing well too. Even at higher cut-off voltages of 1.3V, they still represent excellent value for money. The general conclusion is that most alkaline cells behave similarly to each other.

Kirkland Signature from Costco were the best "supermarket" brand battery we tested in the 200mA test and in the 1000mA test. It appears to be a re-labeled Duracell; the negative end-cap is identical to Duracells.

http://www.batteryshowdown.com/results-lo.html

I still buy a lot of batteries, mainly bulk on Ebay, the Duracell Procell has been relabeled Industrial.

I.E. two boxes of ten Duracell Industrial batteries (Exp 2024) selling for £6.98 free postage to UK address,   35p (15THB) each. 

s-l225.jpg.4098066877934ac8a688ac79eb14f62f.jpg

21 hours ago, MoD1977 said:

I'm sure they wasn't a copy because I bought them in Austria and brought them with me when I moved to Thailand.

I also realized years ago that they had stopped promoting that they are leak-proof.

Chinese copies pop up everywhere...

But also possibly Duracell do nor fair well in higher ambient temperatures???