Axis Condo rental - opinions

HauptmannUK

A UK friend of mine who has been to Pattaya on holiday a couple of times will shortly come to stay for 6 months.

He is taking 6 months unpaid leave from work and will be using most of the time here to finish a technical textbook he's writing.

He's asked me to sort out accommodation for him. Clean, quiet, close to public transport but outside the centre of town and with opportunities for early morning runs. Around 20k/month.

I've looked at a couple of places and the Axis on the road to Jomtien seems to fit the bill. The rooms at the front would be noisy, but those at the back should be quiet and face the temple park. My only concern is that those at the back face West and so will catch the sun all afternoon. Could get very hot.  

Is there anyone who lived/lives in the Axis can give a view please?

Axis does not seem to have many occupants. I think it's one more condo building that has been mostly bought by Thais as "investments".

I looked around it a year or so ago and it seemed OK, if you dont mind the modern style of small rooms.

I would imagine that a significant discount on any asking price should be possible.
https://www.hipflat.com/projects/the-axis-shlgpa

I always thought the Axis had an ideal location. Near Pattaya's only park, on a baht bus route, half way between Pattaya/Jomtien, plenty of nice restaurants nearly. If you can get a reasonable rental deal i would say go for it. The rooms are fairly small but all new developments are the same.

35 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I always thought the Axis had an ideal location. Near Pattaya's only park, on a baht bus route, half way between Pattaya/Jomtien, plenty of nice restaurants nearly. If you can get a reasonable rental deal i would say go for it. The rooms are fairly small but all new developments are the same.

Thank you both for your comments. Pretty much my thinking. My friend will rely on the Songthaew because he's too scared to ride a motorcycle in Thailand.

I inquired in the Axis office yesterday - they have rentals available but they 'do not discount'. Had a look at a 60sq.m. unit - quite nice. They also have some new units still unsold. Again they say 'don't discount'. They appeared to mean it too because didn't seem at all interested in trying to sell me anything and just walked off!

Obviously there are privately owned units for rental and I'll prob try to negotiate on one of those for my friend. He arrives early June.

I actually have a condo I rent out on the 12th floor at the Axis and although facing the front it certainly isn't noisy. As others have mentioned it is well built and well maintained and the owner being extremely wealthy has no need to discount the condo's as he doesn't need the money.

You are correct in your assumption that the rooms facing the park get the sun throughout the afternoon making it impossible to stay in the room without the aircon on so expect a healthy bill. The Wi-Fi provided is not really very successful in the rooms unless next to an access point but fine downstairs and round the pool.

If you need any further information, please feel free to contact me direct [email protected]

Thank you Allen. That's really useful information. If the owner doesn't need the money it makes you wonder why he built it...

Anyway, I will probably contact you direct in the next few days.

Edited by HauptmannUK

• 1 month later...

Just a follow-up to my post of a couple of months ago because it may be of use to those hunting-out good condos.

My friend arrived in early June and my wife and I helped install him in a 60+ sqm room in Axis. He is renting direct from the condo management co. so its not particularly cheap (nearly 30k per month on a 6 month deal) but he is highly delighted with his room.  It is at the back of building B and overlooks the Wat Phra Yai park.  I hadn't realised the extent of this park until visiting my friend.  There are marked-out runnibg tracks and an exercise area. Its also remarkably clean (for Pattaya).

Anyway he likes the Axis a lot. Right on the bahtbus route for both Pattaya and Jomtien and he reckons its very quiet. So a good place but a little bit pricey.

He hasn't bothered with the condo wifi, instead he bought a 4G 'pocket router' and uses an AIS unlimited internet SIM for about 500 baht per month. Apparently it gives a reliable connection good enough to watch UK TV in HD. 

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Like 1