New York state attorney general denies report of abusing women

webfact

New York state attorney general denies report of abusing women

2018-05-08T010854Z_1_LYNXMPEE4703A_RTROPTP_3_PEOPLE-WEINSTEIN-NEWYORK.JPG

FILE PHOTO - New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman speaks during a news conference to discuss the civil rights lawsuit filed against The Weinstein Companies and Harvey Weinstein in New York, U.S., February 12, 2018. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

(Reuters) - New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said on Monday in response to an article in the New Yorker magazine in which four women were quoted as saying he physically abused them that he has "not assaulted anyone," and Governor Andrew Cuomo later called for him to resign and said he would begin an investigation.

“In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity," Schneiderman said in a statement issued by public relations firm Stu Loeser & Co.

"I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in non-consensual sex, which is I line I would not cross." Schneiderman's office referred calls for comment to Loeser's office.

In the article published late on Monday, the New Yorker reported that four women who said they had had romantic relationships or encounters with Schneiderman said they had been "subjected to nonconsensual physical violence."

Reuters has not independently confirmed the accusations.

(Reporting by Karen Freifeld; Writing by Toni Reinhold; Editing by Leslie Adler)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-05-08

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I saw a report that he has already resigned. Trump said back in 2013 that he would be following Weiner into political oblivion, so something has been up with that guy for years.

Yes, because when Trump speaks ill of someone it's a sure bet that there are solid facts backing him up? 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

A smear campaign to undermine the NY AG’s moves against Trump, Trump Jnr, Ivanka, Kushner, Flynn, Mannafort, Stone et al.

Schneiderman’s immediate decision to resign is evidence that he’s willing to take the fall and hand his cases over to someone else.

The above named individuals should not relax.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A smear campaign to undermine the NY AG’s moves against Trump, Trump Jnr, Ivanka, Kushner, Flynn, Mannafort, Stone et al.

Schneiderman’s immediate decision to resign is evidence that he’s willing to take the fall and hand his cases over to someone else.

Yes, he resigned because he is such a virtuous and moral person. Sure. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Really? This article was published in The New Yorker, which is a very liberal magazine.  The same magazine that exposed some of Trump's crooked dealings abroad.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No I’m not.

I’m pointing out that Trump has a history of using ‘dirty ops’ to attack those who he wishes to get out of his way.

My view is, As I have stated, that Schneiderman is being subjected to a smear campaign.

I also observe he has the good sense to resign and thereby prevent these accusations (true or false / smear campaign or not) from being used to undermine the investigation.

The targets of the investigation should not relax.

Good enough. Your opinion is noted

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My view is, As I have stated, that Schneiderman is being subjected to a smear campaign.

Didn't everyone say that people should assume any woman accusing a man of naughty things is telling the truth? If that is true of the women that accused POTUS of bad things, then it is also true of those accusing Schneiderman of worse things.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Didn't everyone say that people should assume any woman accusing a man of naughty things is telling the truth? If that is true of the women that accused POTUS of bad things, then it is also true of those accusing Schneiderman of worse things.

Well I certainly agree Schneiderman should not be held to a higher standard than the President.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well I certainly agree Schneiderman should not be held to a higher standard than the President.

I'd agree if it were the same charges. However, Trump was not, to my recollection being accused of physical violence on women. Schneiderman is being accused of hitting at least one woman on the head.

• Thanks 1

I'd agree if it were the same charges. However, Trump was not, to my recollection being accused of physical violence on women. Schneiderman is being accused of hitting at least one woman on the head.

Well, it depends on how you categorize grabbing a woman's private parts. Of course, to be fair, the only person I know of alleging Trump did this is Donald Trump.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Trump, by his own admission, has habitually sexually assaulted women.

Let’s see what comes out of the numerous on going investigations.

• Confused 1

Posts unnecessarily discussing sources have been removed along with replies.   It's off-topic.   Also, please note that the topic is NOT about President Trump.

Stay on topic, please.