American pimp arrested in northern Thailand was running Burmese sex ring on Facebook

webfact

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, OzzyJohn said:

How ironic. Where do you get the notion that this particular thread deserves updates? It has already judged a man starting from the very first 2 words. Clearly facts aren't of the slightest concern here.

It’s seems reasonable as you said things haven’t turned out the way it seemed. 

So what’s the update. Turns out he was selling durian and the whole thing was a big mistake?

And FYI, you are correct. Nothing has changed, since there were never any human trafficking charges to begin with. Your use of the word 'official' is risible. You think the defamatory headlines on this particular post were 'official'? Wake up please!

7 hours ago, OzzyJohn said:

And FYI, you are correct. Nothing has changed, since there were never any human trafficking charges to begin with. Your use of the word 'official' is risible. You think the defamatory headlines on this particular post were 'official'? Wake up please!

We do not wish to spread misinformation about anyone, nor do we wish for members to post in a manner that violates the rules.   He has not been convicted of anything, but to the best of our knowledge has been arrested and he is being held.

If you, or anyone has a verified source of information, it would be appreciated.  

On 5/8/2018 at 3:32 PM, AsiaHand said:

As in the laws of The United States, he will then be arrested as he gets to a US port to face a trial in federal court for sex trafficking.5555 10 to 25 years I would guess and the federal prison system has no parole  now. Don't drop the soap Kenny. 5555

I've been researching your claim and can't find anything anywhere to back up your story... care to share your source??? - Please and Thank you. ?

On 5/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, wcoast said:

I know of this man, actually... I have met him a few times through a mutual Thai friend. Went to see him in Mae Sai jail today but I just missed him being transferred to Chiang Rai. People have a right to their opinion, personally I'm surprised as is my Thai friend. Then again nothing much surprises me these days. I'm going to try offer him some assistance if I can.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

Good for you and Thank you!  Ken is a good friend.  You'd never know it from the amount of mean-spirited and hateful comments - by people who don't even know him - in here but he's got a lot of loyal and close friends - both Thai and farang.  I  hope by now you've caught up with him.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:19 PM, Tchooptip said:

"You" never read it, probably like allenberg  clicking a like for your comment...I believe you...

but had you clicked on the link Daily news in the OP, it is in Thai, but you would have read the following lines I translated for you :  "Sex   tourism in Myanmar on the site Cracklist and Facebook named Burnese Border Chicks For Hire advertised that tour can take tourists to visit children in Myanmar. Traveling in Chiang Rai, and then bring in sex with children in Myanmar."  

I don't understand your statement: "but had you clicked on the link Daily news in the OP, it is in Thai, but you would have read the following lines I translated for you"  ... .so would you please copy/paste the Thai script you translated?  Thanks ?

On 5/9/2018 at 8:36 AM, mstevens said:

Ken is a throwback to the Thailand of old.  He came to Thailand and retired rather too early and then attempted to scratch a living through all the tried and tested means - English teaching, Thailand book authoring, Thailand website expert etc.  He is brighter than the average, but not a genius.  He knows more about Thailand than most expats, but not as much as he thinks he knows.  I haven’t seen or communicated with Ken in years, but he never seemed to think any of his schemes would come back to bite him.  With the news of his arrest, this time Ken has been proven wrong.

He's a good pal - only known him a few months and realize he's an amazing and very smart person and a good hearted guy who would stop and help a stranded person in need - even if it was one of the seemingly endless line of people, and I use that term loosely, here who are critical of him and do not know him - at all!  Hope it does you good to know all the charges dealing with the "trafficking" arrest have been dropped - he's now only being held on a immigration technicality and should be out on bail soon.  Thank you or your kind and positive words about Ken. ?

On 5/24/2018 at 9:35 PM, Scott said:

We do not wish to spread misinformation about anyone, nor do we wish for members to post in a manner that violates the rules.   He has not been convicted of anything, but to the best of our knowledge has been arrested and he is being held.

If you, or anyone has a verified source of information, it would be appreciated.  

please define " verified source of information "? Thanks ?

1 hour ago, ccwhatley said:

please define " verified source of information "? Thanks ?

That would be something such as a news source, or perhaps a first hand source.  

3 hours ago, ccwhatley said:

I don't understand your statement: "but had you clicked on the link Daily news in the OP, it is in Thai, but you would have read the following lines I translated for you"  ... .so would you please copy/paste the Thai script you translated?  Thanks ?

Maybe you haven't seen it? Here is the answer I made in post 169 admitting maybe "I was too fast"? understanding/translating  เด็ก dek as children  

I re-read it you are very likely right because dek being mainly children in everyday language probably I was too fast,  I know dek is used in many other definitions, dek kai: male prostitute,

dek yok grapao : bagage boy and so on. So sorry I was convinced at least ... so let's hope I was wrong :smile:

PS: children most often  dek dek the more I think of it the most I guess I was too fast, yes :cool:

Here is the link in Thai:   https://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/642194

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

Maybe you haven't seen it? Here is the answer I made in post 169 admitting maybe "I was too fast"? understanding/translating  เด็ก dek as children  

I re-read it you are very likely right because dek being mainly children in everyday language probably I was too fast,  I know dek is used in many other definitions, dek kai: male prostitute,

dek yok grapao : bagage boy and so on. So sorry I was convinced at least ... so let's hope I was wrong :smile:

PS: children most often  dek dek the more I think of it the most I guess I was too fast, yes :cool:

Here is the link in Thai:   https://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/642194

yes exactly - "dek" does not always mean "children" many other meanings which you so thoughtfully expressed - thank you for some clarification and relenting... in this situation with Khun Albertson - there were no underage children involved.  and all "trafficking" charges have been dropped.  krup. ?

I spoke to a long term Chiang Rai resident yesterday, a keen observer of expat crises often from less than a safe distance for more than 20 years. 

He said that he would be more than amazed if the police and immigration walked away from this with a minimal response after the media publicity and considering who made the original complaint . 

20 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Thanks for the information, we've tried to keep this topic as close to the subject matter as possible and a large number of offensive posts have been removed along with warnings and suspensions issued.

yet still the thread title - American pimp arrested in northern Thailand was running Burmese sex ring on Facebook - stands

IMO there is no doubt what happened , he advertised his services online, for everyone to see.

Kinda stupid thing to do , but I guess some people will look at it as an innocent thing to do , as long as the Burmese girls were over 18 . 

But I agree , the headline is not misleading. 

6 hours ago, wcoast said:

-a pimp; someone who usually exerts control over and lives off the profits of prostitutes.

When I google I get this :

a pimp: a man who controls prostitutes and arranges clients for them, taking part of their earnings in return.

So he did this for free ?  If they can't prove he earned money on his arranged trips over the border to take customers to see girls ,  then maybe he can get released without any charges ?  

On 5/8/2018 at 8:49 AM, webfact said:

When the man conducting the sting paid the agreed 3,000 baht for the women - aged 25 and 18 - the American and his accomplice and the sex workers were all arrested.

It seems he did get paid.  

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:24 AM, SplitInfinitive said:

I spoke to a long term Chiang Rai resident yesterday, a keen observer of expat crises often from less than a safe distance for more than 20 years. 

He said that he would be more than amazed if the police and immigration walked away from this with a minimal response after the media publicity and considering who made the original complaint . 

Who made the original complaint?

Archived