American pimp arrested in northern Thailand was running Burmese sex ring on Facebook

webfact

While you beer drinkers cum detectives are postulating and condemning the man as a purveyor of underage girls...give this thought a chance...
If there was a glimmer of a chance that young girls were involved the police agencies would have crucified him. End of story.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, wcoast said:

Game set match, shot in the foot.

Yeah maybe he should have stated the obvious;

Fat older single moms with bad breath.

That`s more likely the case, haggard women with lots of mileage on their clocks.

7 minutes ago, wcoast said:

While you beer drinkers cum detectives are postulating and condemning the man as a purveyor of underage girls...give this thought a chance...
If there was a glimmer of a chance that young girls were involved the police agencies would have crucified him. End of story.

The Thai police sending an undercover squad from BKK to Maesai shows they had their suspicions and they specifically  asked him to provide underage girls , he was unable to do this , that could be because children cannot cross the border without their parents .

Would have been interesting had the undercover police crossed the border to see what was on offer

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

If you move to a foreign country and spend your time insulting the people and institutions, while claiming moral superiority and intellect, there is a good chance your are going to insult the wrong person at some point

The guy in question used to make lengthy post on here as to how the clever quick-witted farang out-foxed the slow plodding Thai bureaucrat. 

You can get caught up in the nuances of the case, but the overarching idea of getting involved in any aspect of the practice of selling/renting of a foreign nation’s young women is nasty, stupid, and detrimental. 

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And you are ignoring the INFERENCE. Of course he's not going to be daft enough to say "nubile, pre-teen virgins" in public. I saw the innocently-worded adverts on Craigslist and they instantly triggered my low-life detector. One probably needs to be more familiar with the low-life's of this world to pick up these subtle suggestions.

No thanks I will leave that to you and one or two others

I will wait for irrefutable evidence before joining the rabble thanks

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

The Thai police sending an undercover squad from BKK to Maesai shows they had their suspicions and they specifically  asked him to provide underage girls , he was unable to do this , that could be because children cannot cross the border without their parents .

Would have been interesting had the undercover police crossed the border to see what was on offer

They wanted to get him for people trafficking.

That's why the undercover cops were insistent on him getting the ladies from across the border I suspect.

5 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Prostitution

Fraid knot as the piece of string said to the clothes peg

Unwilling, then they are victims of their own circumstances through no fault of their own, unfortunate as it is but it goes hand in hand with their "LIFE" plus with a little help along the way from the odd other member of the human race

Willing,then again their circumstances could well have played a part but prostitution was not the only choice, no doubt the most financially rewarding though

Could be a clue there my man as regards the volunteers 

Fraid knot as the piece of string said to the clothes peg
Unwilling, then they are victims of their own circumstances through no fault of their own, unfortunate as it is but it goes hand in hand with their "LIFE" plus with a little help along the way from the odd other member of the human race
Willing,then again their circumstances could well have played a part but prostitution was not the only choice, no doubt the most financially rewarding though
Could be a clue there my man as regards the volunteers 

If there were no market for it, willing or unwilling they would be doing something else.

I look at it in much the same way that drug addicts are victims.

You see it differently, whatever.

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

If there were no market for it, willing or unwilling they would be doing something else.

I look at it in much the same way that drug addicts are victims.

You see it differently, whatever.

There will always be a market for it, the oldest profession in the world

Jesus Christ Superstar, in the temple, what you see is what you get

I cant see the willing as victims even if there was any amount of pressure involved, just run for your life not always easy to do I know

The state our world is in at present is an absolute god send for those looking for sex workers willing or otherwise

All vices are a choice for most people as far as I am concerned, no doubt there will be exceptions along the way but not many in my view, hence not into victims really as a reason for vices and addictions 

There will always be a market for it, the oldest profession in the world
Jesus Christ Superstar, in the temple, what you see is what you get
I cant see the willing as victims even if there was any amount of pressure involved, just run for your life not always easy to do I know
The state our world is in at present is an absolute god send for those looking for sex workers willing or otherwise
All vices are a choice for most people as far as I am concerned, no doubt there will be exceptions along the way but not many in my view, hence not into victims really as a reason for vices and addictions 

I see a lot of young people’s lives ruined by drugs and prostitution, I do not see that they (generally) have enough strength to be anything but.

Again, we see it differently.

4 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

We're wandering off topic here, while prostitution may have been involved in the case there's no need to get into the specifics or causes of it.

You can remove mine no objection, not that it would matter anyway if I did 555555

No doubt you are correct, but if I was to get straight into your face I would simply say its survival of the fittest
There always will be some of us who fall by the wayside, it happens in a nanny state so will certainly happen where there is far less help and opportunity 

Getting back on topic, in the event the guy was actually running sex tours, he and others like him are push some of us off the way and onto the wayside...

Some would argue that makes him one of the fittest, worthy of survival, I say it makes him a criminal (at best) worthy of incarceration.

I do not consider rule of law an indication of a nanny-state. I would agree that some laws are indicative of a nanny-state, but enforcement of law is absolutely not.

59 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Getting back on topic, in the event the guy was actually running sex tours, he and others like him are push some of us off the way and onto the wayside...

Some would argue that makes him one of the fittest, worthy of survival, I say it makes him a criminal (at best) worthy of incarceration.

I do not consider rule of law an indication of a nanny-state. I would agree that some laws are indicative of a nanny-state, but enforcement of law is absolutely not.

I was referring to the life choices some of "us" make nothing to do with the law or enforcement or not of it anywhere

Life choices dictated by environment in many cases hence the mention of "nanny state"

I hope thats clear now as regards my views on what constitutes a victim as against yours

Now back on topic hopefully justice will be served at the end of the day

23 hours ago, wcoast said:

Game set match, shot in the foot.

Yeah maybe he should have stated the obvious;

Fat older single moms with bad breath.

There's nothing wrong with grabbing a granny either.

I was actually shopping for 15" rims on CL when I saw the ad.

23 hours ago, wcoast said:

If there was a glimmer of a chance that young girls were involved a 'consideration' was to be paid, the police agencies would have crucified him looked the other way. (The usual) End of story.

23 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

That`s more likely the case, haggard women with lots of mileage on their clocks.

Clocks?

Am I missing something here?

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

That's why the undercover cops were insistent on him getting the ladies from across the border I suspect.

I think the people trafficking was the fall back charge. The initial newsline indicates that the 2 foreign law enforcement participants were hot to trot on the under age girls being brought over; the pedo aspect maybe? Since the accompanying police would be unable to facilitate that without prior notice to and cooperation from their Burmese counterparts, they had to settle for a couple of older ladies with ID's or travel documents that allowed them to pass through the border checkpoint after dark.

This may well be only a holding charge until someone either comes up with something more substantial, or a higher authority decides that's enough time wasted and tells the prosecutor move on with what you have.

...or someone comes up with a wedge.

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

IMO, the undercover cops wanted him to bring underage girls from Myanmar to Thailand because the Thai Police would have no legal powers in Myanmar and any crimes committed in Myanmar wouldnt be able to be prosecuted in Thailand

On 8/13/2018 at 9:55 AM, toybits said:

Is this the same guy who had this Boomerang Rock Climbing joint at Chiang Rai? Sure looks like him... Jeeeezzz. Creepy!

Yeah he was a member here also, you might remember him......

• 6 months later...

Archived