Mountain Front condo Advice

Huayrat

Depends on the individual. Where do you spend your time? I stayed there for 6 months before, nice pool, quiet location, good for walking/running etc.

Only downside was heading into old city and returning even though a short distance take along time due to CM's traffic lights. 

• Thanks 1

okay ... fugedda about 'dis message: clearly, I am "mountain view" challenged :)

To respond constructively to this,  I think we need to know the location, the terrain, elevation, etc. Need to know exactly what "mountain front" means.

cheers, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37
alien abduction

2 hours ago, Ape1983 said:

Depends on the individual. Where do you spend your time? I stayed there for 6 months before, nice pool, quiet location, good for walking/running etc.

Only downside was heading into old city and returning even though a short distance take along time due to CM's traffic lights. 

Traffic lights are a concen as i drive a car.. What time is the Rush hour??

2 hours ago, orang37 said:

okay ... fugedda about 'dis message: clearly, I am "mountain view" challenged :)

To respond constructively to this,  I think we need to know the location, the terrain, elevation, etc. Need to know exactly what "mountain front" means.

Mountain Front is the name of a condo building, you can google it, if you like.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Mountain Front is the name of a condo building, you can google it, if you like.

Hi Dante99,

I did say: "okay ... fugedda about 'dis message: clearly, I am "mountain view" challenged" :)

What else could have made it clear I came down with a case of ex-literal chagrin ?

I looked for a way to delete the post within a few minutes of writing, but saw no way to do that.

in downtown Chiang Mai 

On 5/11/2018 at 9:51 PM, Huayrat said:

Traffic lights are a concen as i drive a car.. What time is the Rush hour??

In downtown CM and basically the whole city peak traffic is pretty much all day long. Short journeys in a car always take a long time. However mountain front does have small restaurants, coffee shops, place to drink in walking distance.

Why not look for an airbnb property there and stay for a week first see if you like the area. 

I used to have an issue getting a taxi there but now with GRAB you won't.

19 hours ago, Ape1983 said:

in downtown Chiang Mai 

In downtown CM and basically the whole city peak traffic is pretty much all day long. Short journeys in a car always take a long time. However mountain front does have small restaurants, coffee shops, place to drink in walking distance.

Why not look for an airbnb property there and stay for a week first see if you like the area. 

I used to have an issue getting a taxi there but now with GRAB you won't.

Hi and Thanks for your reply..

I plan on staying in a Hotel for 1 month to have a look around and see what Area is the best location to be.. 

I live at Mountain Front now for three years and I love it there, except for the number of French owners/renters.  Fifteen minutes to Tae Pae Gate, Central Festival IF you are riding a motorbike.  In a automobile good luck as traffic backs up at the main intersections and you can be stuck for at least 12 minutes if you are lucky.  There are five very good restaurants within a ten minutes walk, 7 minutes to Lanna Rama 9 Park by car/motorbike, 15 minutes to Lanna Golf Course.  It is quiet there and the place is well managed.

• Thanks 1

On 14/05/2018 at 6:24 AM, chingmai331 said:

Recommend Green Palace Hotel for month-long stay.  Walk anywhere from there, lots of food nearby, quiet enough on floors 4-5, save big money compared to many other hotels (about 500 baht per night).

Thank you will check that out now.

On 14/05/2018 at 10:31 PM, idman said:

I live at Mountain Front now for three years and I love it there, except for the number of French owners/renters.  Fifteen minutes to Tae Pae Gate, Central Festival IF you are riding a motorbike.  In a automobile good luck as traffic backs up at the main intersections and you can be stuck for at least 12 minutes if you are lucky.  There are five very good restaurants within a ten minutes walk, 7 minutes to Lanna Rama 9 Park by car/motorbike, 15 minutes to Lanna Golf Course.  It is quiet there and the place is well managed.

Good to hear from someone who lives there.. Thanks for all the great info..