One killed in Paris knife attack by man shouting 'Allah Akbar'

rooster59

One killed in Paris knife attack by man shouting 'Allah Akbar'

By Julie Carriat and Emmanuel Jarry

800x800 (2).jpg

Police guard the scene of a knife attack in Paris, France May 12, 2018 in this still image obtained from a video. REUTERS/Reuters TV

PARIS (Reuters) - An assailant shouting "Allah Akbar" killed a passer-by in a knife attack that also wounded four others in the heart of Paris late on Saturday before he was shot dead by police, French authorities said.

French prosecutor Francois Molins told reporters the police's anti-terrorism unit would launch an investigation, given the aggressor's "mode of operation."

French President Emmanuel Macron praised officers for "neutralizing the terrorist." France "will not yield an inch to the enemies of freedom," Macron said on Twitter.

The country has been on high alert amid a series of attacks, commissioned or inspired by the Islamic State militant group, over the past three years that has killed dozens of people.

The Islamic State claimed responsibility for Saturday's attack in post via its Amaq news agency, but provided no proof for its claim.

French Interior Minister Gerard Collomb called it an "odious" attack. It took place in the heart of the French capital in an district renowned for the Paris opera and many landmark retail stories.

Witnesses described for French media how they saw the assailant running towards police officers who shot him.

"We were told to get into a bar quickly. I was curious and went outside again. Outside, I saw a person on the ground about 200 metres from me. The police, fire brigade and ambulance arrived," one female witness told LCI television. "I could not see anything else after that."

TV footage showed forensic police at the scene.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-05-13
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

At risk of veering slightly off topic at your request - The murder of Sarah Halimi for one(finally reclassified). Other European cover-ups by authorities would include the response to Cologne on NYE remember the sexual assault of over 1,000 German women in a mass frenzy - the night was described as having "passed peacefully" at first. The industrial scale grooming and rapes of young white girls in the UK which were covered up for decades as another example. Now can we pls get back to this current topic and latest jihad, thanks.

I was trying to commend the press for their accuracy in reporting this event.

It will be interesting to see whether this guy was also known to authorities. My guess is that yes, he will be known to them, but they let him run around in public anyway. We will see....

None of your examples have relevance to MSM coverups,. In fact MSM were / have been heavily involved with exposing police / political expedients of misinformation

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

I would blame it on the west for keeping Muslims under totalitarian regimes loaded with extreme bull*it knowledge. They should have knew why Muhammad was the last messenger 1400 years ago to clarify that all religions are basically one most humans share in common which is never harm others and honor your loved ones.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, FreddieRoyle said:

At risk of veering slightly off topic at your request - The murder of Sarah Halimi for one(finally reclassified). Other European cover-ups by authorities would include the response to Cologne on NYE remember the sexual assault of over 1,000 German women in a mass frenzy - the night was described as having "passed peacefully" at first. The industrial scale grooming and rapes of young white girls in the UK which were covered up for decades as another example. Now can we pls get back to this current topic and latest jihad, thanks.

I was trying to commend the press for their accuracy in reporting this event.

It will be interesting to see whether this guy was also known to authorities. My guess is that yes, he will be known to them, but they let him run around in public anyway. We will see....

LOL! You make an unsubstantiated claim and when called on it you're saying it's off topic:clap2:

• Sad 3

41 minutes ago, underlordcthulhu said:

There have been plenty of accounts where European law enforcement have been involved in cover ups.

Then you’ll have no problem providing credible and verifiable evidence of these ‘plenty of’ cover ups.

Time to put up some of these ‘inconvenient truths’ you claim to have.

These People are nothing more than Delusional Psycho Killers whether they find evidence of radicalisation by Isil inspired propoganda or he was Drug crazed addict claiming Isil Links they are just nutters.

A true Terrorist would target hard targets like Police Stations and Military to show their strength.

These are just lunatics who believe the BS they are fed just like their counterparts on the Far right.

You do not become a Martyr, You do not go to Heaven or get 40 Virgins.

You get dead and you are remembered like a piece of Dog Faeces on a shoe nothing more.

Good people will not think of them we will just move on with Our lives

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

And the do-goody left call us racists for not wanting any more followers of this evil cult of death in a our midst and will probably now criticize the police for not tackling the murdering scumbag 'humanely' ! 

You made that all that up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2