Amity Treaty Company work permit questions

Amity treaty conditions are many and complicated.

Your best bet is to google for work restrictions under amity treaty in Thailand and you will find a list of what jobs are allowed and what jobs aren't.

Generally lawyer involvement is needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you will have the same work permit requirements as any other company. That is 4 Thai employees.

I think 4:1 is correct if you register the business as a Thai limited company and not go for BOI approval. My company is a registered branch office of a foreign (USA) entity and also registered using the treaty of amity - Ownership is 100% foreign and our ratio of Thai:Foreigner WP is 2:1. I can confirm that I received my WP  initially at a point when we only had 2 Thai staff on the payroll. I believe the 2:1 ratio we have is more a function of the branch office registration than treaty of amity. Be aware that under the "branch office" route your company would be a bit of a pariah (it seems to confuse to a greater degree than usual most of the officials we show our paperwork to) and your other documentation requirements may increase significantly.

Others might know better ways, but I believe you could hire two Thai minimum wage errand runners and meet the technical requirements under the law.

Good luck!

• Like 1