Are you one of Thailand’s ugly tourists?

webfact

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It is only the really ugly people that the bargirls etc call handsome, you know the fat, facial haired, tattooed type.

I have walked down Sukhumvit, Walking Street etc, many times and no one has ever shouted "hansum man" at me.

The word handsome.
Means spending money here

you're pretty ATM

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

No helmet when the sun overheats...well...I would still wear a helmet but can understand,....

Drinking ? ..well ok...not good in the heat.... but well if it's 1 or 2 glasses of a good bourbon, with no ice and ice cold Coke.....maybe...whatever...

But having any kind of sexual intercourse with no gloves on ? ...with a virtuous Thai barstool or maybe massage parlour hottie, or even one chatted up at the mall or in a dance club ?!!...it is really suicidal and impossible to understand ?

Good Bourbon and you put coke in it? ?????

That's like putting Sprite in a single malt.

200 lines for you my lad.

' I must respect my drink '

Hand in before morning prayers.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Good Bourbon and you put coke in it? ?????

That's like putting Sprite in a single malt.

200 lines for you my lad.

' I must respect my drink '

Hand in before morning prayers.

You are correct, Sir !...I usually use rather Pepsi and not Coke..sorry my mistake !!....yes...good whisky is wonderful with Coke or Pepsi,  crushed ice, à lime maybe...and I plan to try it on a rare Japanese whisky soon...you know it just does not taste the same when you mix Pepsi with cheap whisky :sorry::smile:

(and on the next episode I'll talk about that dinner the previous year in a restaurant in south of France, where I asked for the rare Bordeaux to be served chilled) :cheesy:

Edited by observer90210
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

You are correct, Sir !...I usually use rather Pepsi and not Coke..sorry my mistake !!....yes...good whisky is wonderful with Coke or Pepsi,  crushed ice, à lime maybe...and I plan to try it on a rare Japanese whisky soon...you know it just does not taste the same when you mix Pepsi with cheap whisky :sorry::smile:

(and on the next episode I'll talk about that dinner the previous year in a restaurant in south of France, where I asked for the rare Bordeaux to be served chilled) :cheesy:

I do hope with your horse steak you insisted on tomato ketchup.. 

?

8 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Not me. All the girls shout at me, "Handsome man!! Sexy man!! Where you go? Have beautiful lady take care you!" 

Must be true ...

Could it be the same girl ?

Did she also shout, "love you long time" ?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It is only the really ugly people that the bargirls etc call handsome, you know the fat, facial haired, tattooed type.

I have walked down Sukhumvit, Walking Street etc, many times and no one has ever shouted "hansum man" at me.

I get it mostly from African Hookers.............

On 5/14/2018 at 6:58 PM, observer90210 said:

No helmet when the sun overheats...well...I would still wear a helmet but can understand,....

Drinking ? ..well ok...not good in the heat.... but well if it's 1 or 2 glasses of a good bourbon, with no ice and ice cold Coke.....maybe...whatever...

But having any kind of sexual intercourse with no gloves on ? ...with a virtuous Thai barstool or maybe massage parlour hottie, or even one chatted up at the mall or in a dance club ?!!...it is really suicidal and impossible to understand ?

your post was!!

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2018 at 8:48 PM, possum1931 said:

That explains a lot

"... and sexually-transmitted diseases ..."

After I married in Thailand and we moved to the USA, I was diagnosed with a number of them.  Aggravation, consternation, heart palpitations, ringing in the ears, nagging headaches and two sons. 

• Like 1

I love Thailand, but there is one thing that Thais never seem to understand about poorly behaving tourists. 

After 1 hour in Thailand, tourists are able to see Thai nationals breaking their own laws and acting with reckless abandon. The next logical step is to think "if Thais regularly break their own rules, why should we waste our time following them?"

15 minutes ago, AntDee said:

I love Thailand, but there is one thing that Thais never seem to understand about poorly behaving tourists. 

After 1 hour in Thailand, tourists are able to see Thai nationals breaking their own laws and acting with reckless abandon. The next logical step is to think "if Thais regularly break their own rules, why should we waste our time following them?"

So by that logic if you are in a western country and you see people driving 30kph over the limit you should do it too?

That's how teenagers think.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Justfine said:

So by that logic if you are in a western country and you see people driving 30kph over the limit you should do it too?

That's how teenagers think.

In a western country, you might not see any at all, but, if you do see someome breaking a law, it will generally be minor and there will not be tons of people breaking. 

In Thailand, rule breaking is the rule, not the exception. If you see 90% of Thai drivers breaking laws constantly, it convinces you that you, too, should break them. The alternative is that you are NEGATIVELY impacted by following rules. For example, a driver who follows all the driving laws in Thailand is highly likely to endanger himself and others. 

7 minutes ago, AntDee said:

In a western country, you might not see any at all, but, if you do see someome breaking a law, it will generally be minor and there will not be tons of people breaking. 

In Thailand, rule breaking is the rule, not the exception. If you see 90% of Thai drivers breaking laws constantly, it convinces you that you, too, should break them. The alternative is that you are NEGATIVELY impacted by following rules. For example, a driver who follows all the driving laws in Thailand is highly likely to endanger himself and others. 

Rubbish. Millions of westerners drive too fast. Millions drink too much.

12 minutes ago, AntDee said:

lol! whata childish rationalization!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

Rubbish. Millions of westerners drive too fast. Millions drink too much.

False equivalence. 1% and 5% and 90% do not encourage the same behavior. 

The vast majority of Thais break rules (including traffic laws). It is, in part, a cultural manifestation of their flexibility and carefree attitude. 

http://www.chiangmailocator.com/wiki-traffic-rules-in-thailand-and-how-to-avoid-traffic-accidents-p169

Your argument that is like saying "everyone is exactly the same and there are no discernable differences in populations" which IS rubbish. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AntDee said:

False equivalence. 1% and 5% and 90% do not encourage the same behavior. 

The vast majority of Thais break rules (including traffic laws). It is, in part, a cultural manifestation of their flexibility and carefree attitude. 

http://www.chiangmailocator.com/wiki-traffic-rules-in-thailand-and-how-to-avoid-traffic-accidents-p169

Your argument that is like saying "everyone is exactly the same and there are no discernable differences in populations" which IS rubbish. 

All westerners have sped as well.

26 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Exactly.

You will both not think it's so childish when you're driving. In fact, it will be critical to your survival to break the road laws. 

Neither will you think that breaking etiquette laws is childish when you're queuing patiently and politely to an endless number of que jumpers, for example. 

Think about it.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, AntDee said:

You don't seem to understand false equivalence. That's ok. Enjoy your day. 

Nonsense. Of course accidents rates are not the same in every country. Doesn't mean Thais are terrible and westerners rarely break the rules at all.

It's all a matter of degrees.

6 minutes ago, AntDee said:

You will both not think it's so childish when you're driving. In fact, it will be critical to your survival to break the road laws. 

Neither will you think that breaking etiquette laws is childish when you're queuing patiently and politely to an endless number of que jumpers, for example. 

Think about it.

Everyone breaks the road rules at times. The average driver would overspeed by 1 to 10kph a lot. 

In Thailand, a full 73 percent of traffic deaths have motorcycles involved. Dr. Liviu Vedrasco, of the WHO’s Bangkok office said, “If you take motorcycles out of the equation, Thailand’s roads will be as safe as Switzerland, the United States and the United Kingdom".

Edited by Justfine

46 minutes ago, AntDee said:

Think about it.

i tried to, my brain short-circuited

• Haha 2