Dunhill Cigarettes in Bangkok - where to buy

sraisin

I wish to buy a carton of Dunhill Finecut cigarettes in Bangkok. I am from Australia and the Dunhill Finecut product there is high quality. I had a friend purchase a carton of the same brand at duty free in Germany recently which was average but at least better than the local cigarettes

- I have checked and none of the proper retail outlets sell this brand

- Up until April 2018 I was able to buy them from Dufry duty free in Cambodia, however they have recently dropped them from the range

- I read some forum comments from 2010 which suggest a tobacco street seller in Patpong soi 2 had this brand along with Davidoff and Silk Cut

Would much appreciate any update on the Patpong option or any other suggestions. Apologies to all non-smokers for taking up valuable forum space with my bad habit.

Thanks,

Desperate Puffer

• Like 1

If nobody else answers, I typed "Dunhill cigarettes in Bangkok" in Google and got several hits.  Looked a bit dated but may be some useful leads to check.

As you probably know already, unique/more expensive items may not sell often here so if possible, try to check production date before you buy to avoid disappointment.

Thanks 55Jay, the only useful hits are the 2010 forum link which I referred to in my Q, would be good to know if Patpong soi 2 outlet still exists. Dunhill stopped distribution in Thailand following a dispute over duty/excise so the only channel will be black/grey market. I know elsewhere in the world airline crew purchase cigarettes duty free for sale to black market retailers in another country, this is likely my best option if I could find the retailer in Bangkok. The margins can be huge, for example a single packet of these cigarettes retail for US$25 in Australia, I purchased a carton (10 packets) of exactly the same cigarettes in Phnom Penh airport from Dufry Duty Free (prior to the retailer dropping this brand from the range) for US$25, that is 10 times multiplier or a discount of 90% or a markup of US$225. I hope I can find someone, somewhere who is making the most of this price difference.

• Like 1

I used to buy d/f cigarettes in Dubai when transiting through, a carton of 200 Players Gold Leaf used to cost less than 10 GBP. However most of the people I used to buy for either gave up or died.  Bit of a shame really that nobody I know wants to 'exchange' 500 baht for a carton of top quality high class English cigarettes these days. So I don't bother anymore.