Thai personal trainer or expert for stubborn Thai wife

rick99

My lovely young slim thai wife has decided to go to the gym (with me or alone.... I think it’s great! ). However, she’s lifting dumbbells and using exercise machines completely incorrectly. Plus won’t eat a proper diet to increase muscle. Does anybody know a knowledgeable Thai speaking person who can show her proper techniques. I think that an hour or two would do it.  Especially if another Thai lady.  Doesn’t have to be a pro ( if your Thai wife is truly knowledgeable about correct weight lifting techniques she can make a quick thousand baht) .  But open to all suggestions. 

• Haha 1

But Zumba, Rumba, power fitness and those kind of things is fun for the girls, but not enough, they need to change eating, push themselves, and that is where my experience is coming to short when it comes to Thai. They just do not know how to push themselves out of the comfort zone when it comes to fitness and gym. 

I have now for a year tried to coach my gf (stupid as I am, because it is not healthy for the relationship trying to coach someone who is your gf, especially if you going to push them over their limit) 

We actually went to a boxing gym, and then she really learned how to push her selves, but at once back in gym with me, guess what? 

Anyway, the first problem to overcome is the fear of getting uncomfortable by pushing them over their limits, or what they think is their limits, and of course food control. 

And I can add, muscle memory and giving them a program without pictures what to do and explaining details how many kg sets reps etc if nonexistence. If they go alone and do biceps and shoulders on mondey, they can likely go back and do biceps and shoulders on thuesday, 

A bit generalizing now, but it is almost as bad as that. Not only my gf, but also the same girls coming to the gym, seems to have the same issues. 

long time fitness and nutrition enthusiast and certified personal trainer here.

if your wife is unwilling to change her diet, then unfortunately, all the effort in the gym will be of little to no use at all.

3 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

Thats funny cause its soo true, or listen to some halfwit on youtube.  I took my misses to the gym years ago, she asked the guys for a program as she thought she would understand them better.  They looked at her perplexed and told her to ask me as I was twice their size.  It was a uphill battle teaching her but once she got it and got a better body then the other girls at the gym she was finally convinced.   I did train with her on machines so she got the focus and what was required to see real results.  still waiting for my thanks. haha

Im still working on my patience, we will see, 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

The OP wants his wife to increase muscle???? I would prefer women to be 100% feminine.

It is necessery to burn som fat, but they do not loose their feminine curves just lifting some weights. Just change the metabolism just a little bit. 

Just a randem link from google

https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/get-more-burn-from-your-workout#1

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hummin said:

What i have seen at the local gym and local PT´s is not worth a penny! Send her to a local boxing gym, and she will loose her weight and get in shape!

Yep, I'm for martial arts, but both have Thai experts in their field.

Are you all idiots ? OP said that his wife is slim and only wants to build muscles, so why talking about losing weight ?

OP if you want details of personal trainers just PM me.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

"Personal trainers" in Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia learn their job from other personal trainers. There is no certification and their collective knowledge of exercise physiology is nearly zero. They will not properly assess the client and build a workout plan designed for them. They will use their phones during training sessions instead of using their limited cognitive skills to assess progress, strengths and weaknesses. It seems to be a racket, with other personal trainers fawning over the client so that she/he feels special. Save your money and study for yourself online. Try bodybuilding dot com for prepared exercise plans and do it yourself help.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2018 at 10:59 AM, Krataiboy said:

Never to try and teach a Thai woman anything. She already knows everything and what she doesn't know she doesn't want to know.

Have to agree, my wife is an electrician ( my profession ), she knows everything about plumbing, she is always willing to point out my driving mistakes, she can't drive, and she is an expert on using the automatic washing machine, 95 degree full cycle for everything.

• Haha 1