Hot and bothered in Thailand. What can help me cool off?

This hot weather we've been having can sometimes lead me to get frustrated and take it out on others. Now I know of course that getting angry in Thailand gets you nowhere. But f you channel that frustration (anger) properly you don't need to get angry. Blame the people below your status. Be cruel to the little people and gain satifaction from that. I have sort of learnt this as a way to deal with the angry emotion by watching others. The only problem with this way is you feel guilty for hurting the little people under you. How I would much prefer to just shout and shake my fists.

So that's where you come in. Can you suggest other ways to deal with the anger monkeys on your back in Thailand. Just the ways I can let out frustration but without hurting others feeling or losing face.

2d29fa660b849211cf9714d60ab1e17c.jpg

Edited by tukkytuktuk
  • Thanks 1

A proper Thai massage. Near me there are many places to get a massage. My favorite is on a boat. I live up in Rangsit and you can get a massage on a canal boat. It costs 200 baht for one hour and don't worry if you have smelly feet or if your fat, etc. You can keep all your clothes on. Including your socks.

I feel so good after a massage. I walk home floating, not a care in the world. I want to try meditation next. Does anyone know where I can learn about that in English?

9 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Oh no! He’s been sick in his cup of fizzy pop!

I really, really want to un-see that image, there was I happy in the knowledge that the cup contained popcorn :sad:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

A proper Thai massage. Near me there are many places to get a massage. My favorite is on a boat. I live up in Rangsit and you can get a massage on a canal boat. It costs 200 baht for one hour and don't worry if you have smelly feet or if your fat, etc. You can keep all your clothes on. Including your socks.

I feel so good after a massage. I walk home floating, not a care in the world. I want to try meditation next. Does anyone know where I can learn about that in English?

I had some meditation 'lessons' many years ago in the UK.

You tube, has some great videos; depends on what sort of meditation you want?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Please do NOT post photos :smile:

Coincidentally, the boxer shorts I'm wearing underneath are a great match for the pattern of the sarong, in color and pattern.  Sure you don't want a peek up my skirt? 

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

A proper Thai massage. 

Agreed. We have a lady who visits Wifey twice a month, she does me once a month (I can't handle the pummeling more often). Feels fantastic afterwards, she also happens to be a rather attractive older lady :tongue:

Oddly my good lady is a trained and certified masseuse, she was pummelling fat Italian women in a Centro Esthetico in Rome (@50 Euro an hour) when I met her, like many nice things the massages stopped when we got married :sad:

• Haha 2

OP, what are you actually angry about, I doubt its the weather, its just the trigger. 

If the heat makes you angry, buy an air conditioner.

Anger usually stems from something you feel you cannot control, an injustice, trapped in a situation etc.

Maybe work out what you are angry about and work backwards from there.

3 hours ago, Justfine said:

Use the aircon dude. Problem solved.

He will never acclimatize to the hot tropical climate by spoiling himself with air con. All air con will do is guarantee that he suffers even more every time he steps outside. I will never use more than a fan in my rooms. And I do my best to avoid air con if at all possible. 

Edited by Catoni
Addition
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Catoni said:

He will never acclimatize to the hot tropical climate by spoiling himself with air con. All air con will do is guarantee that he suffers even more every time he steps outside. I will never use more than a fan in my rooms. And I do my best to avoid air con if at all possible. 

Aircon room

Aircon car

Aircon in buildings

Ice cold drink

He can spoil himself rotten

37 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, what are you actually angry about, I doubt its the weather, its just the trigger. 

If the heat makes you angry, buy an air conditioner.

Anger usually stems from something you feel you cannot control, an injustice, trapped in a situation etc.

Maybe work out what you are angry about and work backwards from there.

Air conditioner will make it next to impossible to acclimatize to the local tropical heat and/or humidity. Since he obviously isn’t going to stay forever in his rooms, he will simply suffer even more every time he steps out the door. 

If for some reason he is unable to acclimatize, perhaps a country with a more temperate climate might be best for him. 

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Aircon room

Aircon car

Aircon in buildings

Ice cold drink

He can spoil himself rotten

Yes, and then as soon as he steps outside, the tropical heat will hit him like a brick wall on fire. Been there, done that. I learned my lesson the hard way. Get acclimatized. I don’t even need air con anymore, and avoid it if at all possible. I’ll never use more than fans in Southeast Asia. A bonus is saving on electricity costs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I'm in the USA at present, but I just drank eight 12-ounce cans of Budweiser.  20+ year old central air conditioner is acting up, so I'm wearing a sarong.  Life is good.

Beware of bad guys with guns!

It is never a good idea to be angry with yourself or anyone else whether in Thailand or anywhere. Here are a few suggestions that I would follow in the heat of the day, if my personality and constitution were similar to yours.

I would wear reflective and light clothing.

If you have aircon, switch it on!

Only a fan? Concentrate it on yourself - no swing.

All the big supermarkets have aircon - do some slow casual shopping

Go to your your local Mall. Plenty to do there. Spend a couple of hours over a coffee. Don't have much money? Eat in the Food Court. While you are there, use your Tablet or Smartphone: go to YouTube or read plenty of free content and learn ways that will help you to manage your anger and stress levels.

Drink plenty of cool water, at least a litre per day

Keep a cool, wet flannel handy at home and give yourself regular rub-downs.

Go to a local hotel that has a swimming pool

Be strong, stay calm!

Edited by ChrisKC
wrong word
  • Like 1