Non imm O multi entry visa (marriage), where to go

Would like your opinions as to which embassy/consulate is the best for a non-imm O multiple entry visa (marriage). I am in Chiang Mai and will be able to fly to most close destinations. Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanking you in anticipation.

By air the majority of locations would require connections via Bangkok.

You can get the multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage with no financial proof in Savannakhet Laos and Ho Chi Minh city Vietnam.

Penang Malaysia will do one with 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

For Savannakhet via Bangkok (DMK) you can use a fly/ride service to Mukdahan on Air Asia or Nok Air.

Get the bus from Chiang Mai to Mukdahen (usually a change at Khon Khen), then the bus to Suvannakhet.

Or

Fly from Chiang Mai to Khon Khen, then a mini-van every 10 minutes to Mukdahan.

^

as above for mukdahan-savannakhet . would say savannakhet your best option as very easy trip if read up on it and buses take you almost door to door so very little extra running about and anyone who can walk for 10-15 minutes needs no additional transport .

bus is generally better as more time options meaning you can make transitions in transport ssmoothly and be in savannakhet early enough on first day to drop application in.

flying wastes more time getting to airports, checking in flights etc and downtime between flights and crossing/consulate opening hours and costs including extra hotels and nights stay .

• Like 1

Trip back, collect your passport from Suvannakhet Consulate, walk 200m to bus station, take bus to Mukdahen (bus waits after each immigration booth), then the 5:30 bus to Khon Khen, and change to the overnight Chiang Mail bus 9:20 from KK, arrives at 7:30am in CM.

Mukdahen to Chiang Mai bus all one ticket, purchase from the booth on far right front as you enter Mukdahan bus station.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Trip back, collect your passport from Suvannakhet Consulate, walk 200m to bus station, take bus to Mukdahen (bus waits after each immigration booth), then the 5:30 bus to Khon Khen, and change to the overnight Chiang Mail bus 9:20 from KK, arrives at 7:30am in CM.

Mukdahen to Chiang Mai bus all one ticket, purchase from the booth on far right front as you enter Mukdahan bus station.

Can it be done in Vientiane?

UJ told me on another topic it can't be done in Vientiane, that is a shame.

I am in the same boat as the OP. Don't fancy all the bus rides so will do it in HCM. I will take my son and make a little holiday of it. Cheap 2 hour flight from CM. Not silly flight times either.

Anybody done it recently? What do I need to take? I don't want any surprises. Is it visa on arrival in Vietnam?

Many thanks.

38 minutes ago, Rimkok said:

Planning a HCM trip instead now

For EU passports if less than 15 days no visa required for Vietnam but check first as they do change the rules now and then.

At the moment this applies until June 30/2018

Edited by overherebc

42 minutes ago, Rimkok said:

Planning a HCM trip instead now

Vietnam is a lot of fun, and very cheap, you should stay at least a week.

Saigon Green beer 450ml bottle 20bht (15,000dong) in many bars.

And don't forget lunch in Highlands Coffee, 40bht (39,000dong) for a coffee and a baguette.

IMG_20180422_071549 (1).jpg

Edited by MaeJoMTB
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Vietnam is a lot of fun, and very cheap, you should stay at least a week.

Saigon Green beer 450ml bottle 20bht (15,000dong) in many bars.

And don't forget lunch in Highlands Coffee, 40bht (39,000dong) for a coffee and a baguette.

IMG_20180422_071549 (1).jpg

Looks good.

The War Museum is walking distance from the Thai Embassy so I will go there after I have handed the application in. The following day I will do the 70 km trip to the tunnels. May as well make the most of it.

I just need to be 100% sure on what to take, the website is a bit vague.

28 minutes ago, overherebc said:

For EU passports if less than 15 days no visa required for Vietnam but check first as they do change the rules now and then.

At the moment this applies until June 30/2018

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Rimkok said:

Original marriage certificate, + signed copies, + signed copy of her house book and ID card.

Your passport, + signed copy, + photo

That's usually about it.

6 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Original marriage certificate, + signed copies, + signed copy of her house book and ID card.

Your passport, + signed copy, + photo

That's usually about it.

A hand written letter from your wife asking them to issue the visa so you can stay with her in Thailand.

They write on the multi O  'issued to allow to stay with

( wife's name ) in Thailand'

17 minutes ago, Rimkok said:

Looks good.

The War Museum is walking distance from the Thai Embassy so I will go there after I have handed the application in. The following day I will do the 70 km trip to the tunnels. May as well make the most of it.

I recently got a new visa in HCMC.  As long as you have all paperwork, it's quite simple and fast.  Maybe 10 minutes at drop off and 3 minutes at pickup.  Tunnels take 2-3 hours to get to, but good to see.  War Museum can also take up a couple hours on the different floors of the museum.

3 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I recently got a new visa in HCMC.  As long as you have all paperwork, it's quite simple and fast.  Maybe 10 minutes at drop off and 3 minutes at pickup.  Tunnels take 2-3 hours to get to, but good to see.  War Museum can also take up a couple hours on the different floors of the museum.

Taxi's now are 99% meter, in Dong,  I would suggest for taxi have 50,000 and 20,000 Dong notes. If the fare is around 40/50/60,000 Dong and you have only 100,000 Dong notes quite a few claim no change sir.

Change at most banks much better rate than hotels/airport obviously.

And don't get out the door behind the driver unless you want a motorbike parked on your head.  ???

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, overherebc said:

A hand written letter from your wife asking them to issue the visa so you can stay with her in Thailand.

They write on the multi O  'issued to allow to stay with

( wife's name ) in Thailand'

So no proof of funds required then?

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mickmac said:

Just been wondering has anyone managed to get a non imm O visa multiple visa, based on marriage, from the Embassy in Hanoi, and if so what was require and were there any problems?

I am aware of one person who did so. The requirements, as far as I could tell, were as in HCMC (no financial proof).