Can i get Non O based on marrige on a 30 day visa on arrival ?

Hi i have been lived in Thailand many years whit my wife based on be marrid but this year i missed to renew the visa because of 

go back to my home contry for some months and i came back to Thailand on just the 30 days visa on arrival and yestorday just 

get 30 days more on it and same time try to ask the imigration about what i need to do to get back on the 1 year visa based on marrige 

but them so busy so i left a littell confused so i guess my qustions are : Can i aplay for a new 1 year visa based on be marrid on the visa i have to day ? Or 

do i need to leave the contry to get Non O , and if i need where to go and do somebody know a good company to go whit from Pattaya ? 

Hi i have been lived in Thailand many years whit my wife based on be marrid but this year i missed to renew the visa because of 

go back to my home contry for some months and i came back to Thailand on just the 30 days visa on arrival and yestorday just 

get 30 days more on it and same time try to ask the imigration about what i need to do to get back on the 1 year visa based on marrige 

but them so busy so i left a littell confused so i guess my qustions are : Can i aplay for a new 1 year visa based on be marrid on the visa i have to day ? Or 

do i need to leave the contry to get Non O , and if i need where to go and do somebody know a good company to go whit from Pattaya ? 

You can possibly convert the visa exempt entry into a non-o visa at certain popular immigration offices only. (Pattaya should be possible)

If you need more time, you may be able to extend for 60 days to visit thai family (you can do that once per entry stamp).

Once converted to non-o, you follow the normal procedure for 1 yr extension.

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4evermaat said:

You can possibly convert the visa exempt entry into a non-o visa at certain popular immigration offices only.

All immigration offices are allowed to accept the application for a non immigrant visa now. The final approval is done at the division headquarters for where the  office is located. But some offices may say they cannot do it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have 15 days remaining on the 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) at immigration. You will need to show all the supporting documents and financial required for the extension of stay application.

Then you could apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa.

So the supporting documents will be the same as i have normaly used before when i apply for the 1 year visa or is the documents for this diffrent thank you ? 

12 minutes ago, engamann said:

So the supporting documents will be the same as i have normaly used before when i apply for the 1 year visa or is the documents for this diffrent thank you ? 

The visa will only allow a 90 day entry. The extension of stay application (it is not a visa) will be for one year.

To apply for the non immigrant visa you will need the same supporting documents that were needed for your previous extension applications. The when you a apply for the extension of stay you will have to show them again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The visa will only allow a 90 day entry. The extension of stay application (it is not a visa) will be for one year.

To apply for the non immigrant visa you will need the same supporting documents that were needed for your previous extension applications. The when you a apply for the extension of stay you will have to show them again.

Ok understand thank you. 

isn't jomtien immigration one of the offices that is difficult to work with in terms of the conversion/change visa ?  i came in on a visa exempt entry and went to the 'change visa' desk at chaeng wattana immigration in bangkok.  but i've read a few threads here on the TVF that suggest it is more difficult at the jomtien office than in bangkok.  maybe things changed at jomtien.  if not, might need to use an agent to assist in the change from exempt to non imm O.  i assume the OP is using jomtien as pattaya was referenced. 

1 hour ago, engamann said:

Yes, but the 400K doesn’t need to be in the bank for 2 months when applying for the visa; if using that method to meet the financial requirements.

First you apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa which is normally issued a couple of weeks after you apply; at which point they will grant you a 90 day stay. Then towards the end of the 90 days you’ll apply for the 1 year extension of stay (permit) when the process will be the same as before.

Yes, but the 400K doesn’t need to be in the bank for 2 months when applying for the visa; if using that method to meet the financial requirements.

Are you saying you don't need any financial proof for the local conversion to non-immigrant o? Or the 400k needs to be shown, but does not have to be seasoned for 60 days?

Sent from my LDN-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Are you saying you don't need any financial proof for the local conversion to non-immigrant o? Or the 400k needs to be shown, but does not have to be seasoned for 60 days?

The 400K needs to be shown, but doesn’t need to be in the bank, “seasoned”, for 2 months. 

You’re applying for a new visa, not converting anything.

Edited by elviajero

1 hour ago, buick said:

isn't jomtien immigration one of the offices that is difficult to work with in terms of the conversion/change visa ?  i came in on a visa exempt entry and went to the 'change visa' desk at chaeng wattana immigration in bangkok.  but i've read a few threads here on the TVF that suggest it is more difficult at the jomtien office than in bangkok.  maybe things changed at jomtien.  if not, might need to use an agent to assist in the change from exempt to non imm O.  i assume the OP is using jomtien as pattaya was referenced. 

Can somebody that have try this recantly maybe confirm if Jomtien immigration is hard / easy when it come to change this kind of visa thanks ? 

38 minutes ago, engamann said:

Can somebody that have try this recantly maybe confirm if Jomtien immigration is hard / easy when it come to change this kind of visa thanks ? 

I found it very easy in Jomtien, it took a little time, but as I am retired I have plenty of time...

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

All immigration offices are allowed to accept the application for a non immigrant visa now. The final approval is done at the division headquarters for where the  office is located. But some offices may say they cannot do it.

UJ, am I right in saying the policy has changed again regarding changing a visa within Thailand?

Originally you could (theoretically) do it at almost any immigr. office, then later it could only be done in Bangkok. So now it's OK to apply locally, even though as you say, it goes to division hq?

45 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

UJ, am I right in saying the policy has changed again regarding changing a visa within Thailand?

Originally you could (theoretically) do it at almost any immigr. office, then later it could only be done in Bangkok. So now it's OK to apply locally, even though as you say, it goes to division hq?

It changed about a year ago to what I wrote about. Bangkok will not accept a application now unless you are living there.

Before that only a few offices could accept the application and send it to the regional division headquarters for approval. If not living where one of those offices were located then they could apply in Bangkok. Before that a few offices were allowed to accept and approve the applications locally.

2 hours ago, Jonah Tenner said:

I found it very easy in Jomtien, it took a little time, but as I am retired I have plenty of time...

can you confirm that you arrived in thailand on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry and then applied to change/convert your entry into a non imm O based on marriage/retirement at jomtien ?  that would be good news for those in the pattaya area.  and bad news for the agents !!!

edit -  i ask this as your reponse sounds like what i've read for people doing their annual extension of stay at jomtien. 

Edited by buick

20 minutes ago, buick said:

can you confirm that you arrived in thailand on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry and then applied to change/convert your entry into a non imm O based on marriage/retirement at jomtien ?  that would be good news for those in the pattaya area.  and bad news for the agents !!!

edit -  i ask this as your reponse sounds like what i've read for people doing their annual extension of stay at jomtien. 

Arrived in February on visa exempt.

After 14 days got letter from Embassy (Verification of Income)

Needed another trip to Bangkok to have signature on letter verified by MoFA

Applied for 30 day extension on my first permission to stay 30 days, and got it the same day.

Went to Chaeng Wattana to have verification verified.

Applied for Non-Imm O at Jomtien.

Followed instructions from Immigration officer to the letter. Get copies of all documents they ask for. (Housebook of lessor, housebook of Condo, etc.)

Now have received METV Non-Imm O and 12 month retirement extension in one go.

How to: Be unfailingly polite, always smile and always accept what they tell you.

Easy - yes, and not too time consuming, all things considered.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jonah Tenner said:

Now have received METV Non-Imm O and 12 month retirement extension in one go.

How to: Be unfailingly polite, always smile and always accept what they tell you.

Easy - yes, and not too time consuming, all things considered.

Hmmm.  you mean that you obtained a multiple re-entry permit?

If you don't mind, how much in fees did you pay for the non-o visa, 12 month extension, multiple re-entry permit?

2 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Hmmm.  you mean that you obtained a multiple re-entry permit?

If you don't mind, how much in fees did you pay for the non-o visa, 12 month extension, multiple re-entry permit?

I am not quite certain, I think it all came to between 7000 and 8000 Bath.

On 5/16/2018 at 3:44 AM, Jonah Tenner said:

Arrived in February on visa exempt.

After 14 days got letter from Embassy (Verification of Income)

Needed another trip to Bangkok to have signature on letter verified by MoFA

Applied for 30 day extension on my first permission to stay 30 days, and got it the same day.

Went to Chaeng Wattana to have verification verified.

Applied for Non-Imm O at Jomtien.

thanks for taking the time to respond to my comment from the other day.  there was a report not long ago suggesting the 'change visa' desk in jomtien would not accept an income letter.  only the money in the bank method.  so your report is very interesting.  maybe things have improved there or maybe we just hear about the bad stuff here on TV and not the good stuff (like your success).