Is Blood and Bone available anywhere ?

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the fertilizer...Blood and Bone...is available here?

If so, could you please advise what is goes under the name of....

I am looking for this type of fertilizer.

Thanks

Rgds

weegee

1 hour ago, soidog2 said:

"Kaduk Bon"  is the approximate Thai phonetic pronunciation.

Shop around the larger fertilizer stores you will find it,  its cheap they're not too keen on selling.

Much appreciated....thanks.

Bone meal is highly available in Thailand from 1kg to 13 ton /10 wheeler loads. But as pointed out by a supplier on another forum, 

"Bloodmeal is something that is difficult to get in Thailand for the reason that most of the blood from butchering is sold to restaurants that use it in cooking."

Even Lemsakdakul, the big ag chemi supplier in Chiang Mai doesn't carry it last I checked a  year ago.

What do you want to do with it? Maybe someone can recommend an alternative.  Other natural source Nitrogen products are Feather meal (not too available as far as I know) and Fish Meal 10-4-0 (available but kind of expensive) 

Blood meal is like 13-1-0, a high Nitrogen product.  Be conservative with products containing N over 10%, there's a down-side.

21 hours ago, kickstart said:

Kaduk Pon, is bone meal only, often used in cattle minerals, being high in calcium and phosphorus.

As for blood  and bone based fertilized not easy to find, you could try nanagarden .com.

nanagarden.com is interesting site, thanks.  check out this fertilizer: 

https://www.nanagarden.com/product/114529

6 hours ago, drtreelove said:

Bone meal is highly available in Thailand from 1kg to 13 ton /10 wheeler loads. But as pointed out by a supplier on another forum, 

"Bloodmeal is something that is difficult to get in Thailand for the reason that most of the blood from butchering is sold to restaurants that use it in cooking."

Even Lemsakdakul, the big ag chemi supplier in Chiang Mai doesn't carry it last I checked a  year ago.

What do you want to do with it? Maybe someone can recommend an alternative.  Other natural source Nitrogen products are Feather meal (not too available as far as I know) and Fish Meal 10-4-0 (available but kind of expensive) 

Blood meal is like 13-1-0, a high Nitrogen product.  Be conservative with products containing N over 10%, there's a down-side.

You could say fish meal is expensive last time I aked it was 60 baht/kg a while ago, used mainly in pig and poultry feed.

In my area so I have been told they are upwards of 3 million chickens all broiler, with 3 big slaughterhouses for chickens, and we have a feather meal factory they   buy in the feathers,I think steam and  dry them and grind them up, as far as I know, they go for cattle feed.

At 85% protein, a valuable sauce of protein. NPK, N is listed at 7-15%  they seem's to be no Pand K in feather meal, it would be a good sauce of N, I would have thought it would slow releasing, as opposed to chemical N that is soon leached from the soil.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:31 PM, kickstart said:

You could say fish meal is expensive last time I aked it was 60 baht/kg a while ago, used mainly in pig and poultry feed.

In my area so I have been told they are upwards of 3 million chickens all broiler, with 3 big slaughterhouses for chickens, and we have a feather meal factory they   buy in the feathers,I think steam and  dry them and grind them up, as far as I know, they go for cattle feed.

At 85% protein, a valuable sauce of protein. NPK, N is listed at 7-15%  they seem's to be no Pand K in feather meal, it would be a good sauce of N, I would have thought it would slow releasing, as opposed to chemical N that is soon leached from the soil.

A year ago Limsakdakul quoted Fish Meal at 20 liters for 3000 baht. 170 by the kilo.  

The feather meal that I used in the US was 12-1-0 and an excellent slow release N source. 

From "The Intelligent Gardener" by Steve Solomon:

Feathermeal
A byproduct of industrial chicken-raising, feathers are minimally
processed for use as cattle feed. As fertilizer, feathermeal must be incorporated
into moist soil to release its nitrates. This very slow-release
nitrate product is highly desirable in gardens. It is usually about double
the nitrate potency of oilseedmeal, but contains little or no phosphorus
or potassium. I suggest that you use oilseedmeal in springtime. If
the soil is warm, feathermeal will work great. In most circumstances, it
might be wise to use half and half seedmeal/feathermeal.

There is an organic fertilizer product that is wildly popular with organic growers and cannabis growers in the US, Sustane 4-6-4. It's a turkey feather based enhanced compost product.  (American's got to have their annual turkey slaughter food feast gluttony you know; it's traditional, and it's big business) 

http://www.sustane.com/products/landscape/sustane-4-6-4

But if you're an organic purist, or fully considerate on sustainable practices and materials sources, you have to wonder what is environmentally sustainable about a huge commercial chicken farm, and what traces of chemistry might be found in those feathers, and therefore in your food. I don't think OMRI and organic farmer certificaton takes it that far. 

14 hours ago, drtreelove said:

A year ago Limsakdakul quoted Fish Meal at 20 liters for 3000 baht. 170 by the kilo.  

The feather meal that I used in the US was 12-1-0 and an excellent slow release N source. 

From "The Intelligent Gardener" by Steve Solomon:

Feathermeal
A byproduct of industrial chicken-raising, feathers are minimally
processed for use as cattle feed. As fertilizer, feathermeal must be incorporated
into moist soil to release its nitrates. This very slow-release
nitrate product is highly desirable in gardens. It is usually about double
the nitrate potency of oilseedmeal, but contains little or no phosphorus
or potassium. I suggest that you use oilseedmeal in springtime. If
the soil is warm, feathermeal will work great. In most circumstances, it
might be wise to use half and half seedmeal/feathermeal.

There is an organic fertilizer product that is wildly popular with organic growers and cannabis growers in the US, Sustane 4-6-4. It's a turkey feather based enhanced compost product.  (American's got to have their annual turkey slaughter food feast gluttony you know; it's traditional, and it's big business) 

http://www.sustane.com/products/landscape/sustane-4-6-4

But if you're an organic purist, or fully considerate on sustainable practices and materials sources, you have to wonder what is environmentally sustainable about a huge commercial chicken farm, and what traces of chemistry might be found in those feathers, and therefore in your food. I don't think OMRI and organic farmer certificaton takes it that far. 

Good point about a by-product from a large commercial operation, being organic, wonder what the UK soil association would say ,probaly the same as others.let it pass.

Would have thought with moden day testing and food safety any chemicals found would be very trace and would pass safety standards.  

• 3 months later...

Ok I know this is an Old post but I thought i'd answer.

My better halfs family has a bonemeal factory in nakhon Pathom can be found on www.bonemeal.net.

I have to appologize for the crapy website. Im working on one with a webshop. On Facebook you can find it under: https://m. facebook.com/RongnganKradookponAMD

The bonemeal is actually meat and bonemeal or meat, blood and bone depending on what people call it and has a minimum protein content of 30% we sell for both feed and fertilizer. We also import products like agrolig, azomite, kelpmeal etc. 

We also produce and sell rendered tallow, lard, cowhides, ricehusk ash. 

Our fabricators can also produce woodvinegar furnaces on order and other things that can aid organic growers

After New year when the upgrades of our factory are done we will also have bloodmeal aswell as feathermeal and poultrymeal.

Archived