Wildlife items seized from house in Chiang Mai

snoop1130

Wildlife items seized from house in Chiang Mai

By Nisanart Kangwanwong 
The Nation

91059e2a55b5b25bec803543cc4a9a3a.jpeg

Police have seized nearly 40 wildlife items, including two ivory tusks, 10 gaur horns, 12 antlers, three tiger skins and nine Asian golden cat (Catopuma temminckii) skins from a Thai traditional house in Chiang Mai province on Tuesday evening.

Following a complaint of suspicious large batch of processed wood logs at the house in Tambon Han Kaew, Hang Dong district, police at 6.30pm raided the house to seize the items in question for inspection. They also confiscated protected wildlife items found at the house, whose owner Sajja Sitthiracha had gone on a trip to another province, according to the unnamed house caretaker’s testimony. 

Police said they would give Sajja some time to present legal documents that permitted him to keep such wooden logs and wildlife items. If he failed to do so, they would proceed with legal action against him on the charge of having protected wildlife items in possession without permission. 

The horns and antlers were stuck on wood-carved animal heads to be hung on the wall for display.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/around_thailand/30345544

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-5-16
  • Like 2

To LawrenceN, answer is  I hate most people equally, but I cannot stand the paid

protresters of Green Peace, or other organizations who claim they are just trying to

save the world. I do not like Al Gore, David Suzuki, or any hippocrit who own multiple

house, cars, fly all over the world a lot with jets, and of course who claim they are saving

the world. When I started on a forum my title was Stargeezer, but I had shut down the account

and could not use that one here so Stargrazer9889 became my new title. I am well over

60 years old so mostly get called Geezer, hence why I sign off that way.

15 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

To LawrenceN, I cannot stand the paid

protresters of Green Peace, or other organizations who claim they are just trying to

save the world. I do not like Al Gore, David Suzuki, or any hippocrit who own multiple

house, cars, fly all over the world a lot with jets, and of course who claim they are saving

the world.

So people working (note the word "working," as in paid wages) are illegitimate because they chose careers doing something altruistic that they enjoy? The Red Cross? Save the Children? International Wildlife Fund? All illegitimate because anyone working for a good cause must take a vow of poverty and wear nothing but sackcloth and ashes, right? If you want to stop harm to the planet, sure, go ahead, but your family must starve and you can't use existing transportation systems without being labeled a hypocrite. Is that how you see it? (BTW, my phone has a spell-checker. You should try it.) You seem to be the type who falls for every conspiracy theory that comes along, but have no problem with PAID lobbyists and lawyers working for corporations. Can you see how that stacks the deck in favor of heartless people trying to profit from environmental degradation? So using wealth and political power to fight the corporatists is illegimate, you say? One last thing: Try making a positive contribution instead of sitting there on your throne of judgment. Geezer indeed.

• Like 1

For LawrenceN I have nothing against anyone in Red Cross, Save the Children, and most other

charitable organizations. Nor do I believe they should not be paid or wear rags, that may be your

opinion, since you typed that kind of idea.  So my computer does not have word spell checker as

well, sorry if my spelling errors upset you so much. However that is your problem not mine. Valium?

When I lived in the Yukon in Canada, Green Peace came up to stop

a wild horse cull. Sad for them that they failed miserably as lots of people sort of helped them

by being less than helpful. Renting them snow mobiles that broke down, and not having any

airplanes or helicopters available so they could disrupt the local Yukoners who did have a good

cull, that took pressure off the local ranchers livestock. So I have had no love for Green Peace

or the Sierra Club as well. You seem to have your  own strong opinion,  or as you said

LawrenceNs throne  of Judgement. So yes I am a Geezer who is also opinionated.

Cheers Mate!