Libya And Brit Get Own Forum

Chang_paarp

In case you have not noticed, the mods have been busy.

All the news stories have been moved into their own sub forum, they call it the Pattaya News forum, but we all know it si a place Brit and Libya to start their own topics.

Now what are they going to do about Libya's joke in that forum. :o

IMO it's a stupid idea to put the news clippings in a seperate room. There's already far too many rooms on this forum.

What's next? A Pattaya restaurant forum?

Best idea you've had... ever.

:D:o

Edited by Robski

IMO it's a stupid idea to put the news clippings in a seperate room. There's already far too many rooms on this forum.

Iagree

I agree too. If it can't be good news, bad news, turn about, then best to keep it on Pattaya Forum where it soon disappears from view unless its sensational and then why shouldn't it be on the front page!

Iagree

I agree too. If it can't be good news, bad news, turn about, then best to keep it on Pattaya Forum where it soon disappears from view unless its sensational and then why shouldn't it be on the front page!

Exactly right. If there is no interest in the topic it soon disappears off the front page. If there is interest in the topic, it stays up and therefore deserves to be there.

If they start putting up a seperate news clippings rooms for each regional room, they'll have to add dozens of news clippings rooms. We are being disadvantaged here because we have a member who is good enough to post all the breaking news of the region as soon as it comes to hand.

how about having a farang body count each week/month, regardless of how the farang had died just so people can actually see how bad the crime is getting here.

I agree, at last someone talking sense in this thread. :o

Iagree

Exactly right. If there is no interest in the topic it soon disappears off the front page. If there is interest in the topic, it stays up and therefore deserves to be there.

If they start putting up a seperate news clippings rooms for each regional room, they'll have to add dozens of news clippings rooms. We are being disadvantaged here because we have a member who is good enough to post all the breaking news of the region as soon as it comes to hand.

I disagree. Any topics that disappear of the front page are replaced by 2 or 3 more of the same nature anyway.

OK, I'm on my second day of the new system and I still think it is better. For examle if I want to see the news it's one click and it's all there. If I am chasing a story that's 2 weeks old again it's 1 click and it's all there. The other point is that there are so many news stories from several different agencies, it makes sense to have it all in 1 spot. Sometimes when looking for an old story you have to go back pages and pages seaching, now it's much easier.

I appreciate all the news stories posted here from Britmaveric, Libya 115 and a few others. Normally I would not be bothered searching "Pattaya People", "Pattaya Mail" and the "Pattaya City" sources so thanks and well done. :o

I disagree. Any topics that disappear of the front page are replaced by 2 or 3 more of the same nature anyway.

I think you missed the point. There's always topics of little interest starting up. My point was that only topics of interest stay there, and if a topic is of interest it deserves a place there.

<snip>

When I first arrived in Pattaya, I too mistakingly believed it was a very safe place to live. Under false impressions people make poor decisions regarding their personal safety.

Edited by Jai Dee
Comments about moderation deleted

I think you missed the point. There's always topics of little interest starting up. My point was that only topics of interest stay there, and if a topic is of interest it deserves a place there.

Newspapers make their living by selling 'interesting' stories.

Anyway, it is all academic now.

got to say i LOVE the new happy happy, joy joy, pattaya forum with all the -ve media posts having their own dedicated trash can where the thousands of avid followers of doom & gloom, TiT enthusiasts and erstwhile pattaya bashers can circle-jerk happily ad nauseum. good riddance!