Former outstanding cop arrested in Bangkok on drug charges

webfact

Former outstanding cop arrested in Bangkok on drug charges

By The Nation

cop.jpg

A former police officer once honoured for outstanding service was arrested at a Bangkok apartment with his girlfriend on Wednesday evening on court warrants and charged with drug trafficking.

Sirithat Iadkaew, 46, named an outstanding officer of the Metropolitan Police Bureau’s Patrol and Special Operations Division in 2007 but dismissed in 2011 on suspicion of illegal drug activities, was collared in a rented room at the Four Street Mansion on Soi Phaholyothin 24 in Chatuchak district.

Crime Suppression Division police also arrested his girlfriend, Kirina Leekul, 31, and seized 90 grams of crystal meth, 45 ecstasy pills and 8.35 grams of marijuana, as well as 17 rounds of ammunition of various calibres.

They were wanted on court warrants issued on November 12, 2013, and March 21, 2017.

The CSD said the two jumped bail following a previous arrest.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30345628

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-17

15 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Can we hear his sentence when he get it

Police will never be a roll model in this country 

'roll model' ... :cheesy: ... intentional or not, this is VERY funny ! Thanks for the morning laugh Henrik ! and if I may add my own two cents, they may never be a roll model, but they sure are good at being a droll model.

Edited by Yann55

20 hours ago, webfact said:

was collared in a rented room at the Four Street Mansion on Soi Phaholyothin 24 in Chatuchak district

That's less than a 5 minute drive from Pahon Yothin Police Station. Wonder how long he was living there for?

14 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Thanks, had to look it up...."on the lam" 

No worries. I always appreciate it when people correct my mispronunciation of words which I learned only through reading. This is the flip side of that.

3 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Oh me oh my ex cop found to be a crim.

Quelle surprise.

It never happens anywhere else in the world.

Lets hope we dont get the usual posts suggesting thai cops are yhe only corrupt cops in the world.

You are surprised an ex-cop is a criminal, why?

Most cops here are or have been in their time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

You are surprised an ex-cop is a criminal, why?

Most cops here are or have been in their time.

just let him do his job. he flicks through every comment on every story on TVF desperately looking for where he can slot in a thai protectionist comment, often making mistakes and digging at comments that weren't even anti thai but when it's dry, thai lover will make it sound anti thai . let him do his thing, i enjoy reading them, makes me laugh:smile:

• Like 2