question on extension of stay dates

i was under the impression that your permitted to stay date for your annual extension (retirement) is always the same (other than the year of course).  when i did my first extension, the new date was the same as my 90 day non immo had been, except one year later (and i applied a couple weeks early).  but i've noticed my second extension is not the same, i got a year from the day of application rather than the permitted to stay date.

last year, when i obtained my 90 day non imm O (via converting from a visa exempt), i assumed that the start date for that would be when i got the stamp in my passport.  but it was the date of the application (which was two weeks earlier than the stamp).  i have some dates that i have to be in USA every year and i thought i left enough cushion.  but i lost two weeks right out of the box not knowing the non imm O started at application date and now i've lost another 10 days.

was this a mistake that i can have corrected when i go back to get a re-entry permit ?  or should i make plans to start over again now that i understand how the dates work.

Your first extension should have been dated from the expiry date of your Non Imm O.

A total of 15 months.

Your second extension should have been dated 12 months from the previous extensions permission to stay date.

You shouldn't lose any time by applying early (within 30 days) for your next extension.

If they made an error, I'd return to get it corrected asap.

Which office do you use?

Edited by Tanoshi

i use CW in bangkok.  i think they misread a 3 as a 2, so a 30 became a 20.  of course there were two other stamps on the same page saying 30 so could have checked a stamp on the same page if they couldn't make out the numbers on one of them. 

is there a 'corrections' desk at CW ?  i think i remember hearing something about that.  it would be great if i could get it corrected w/o having to wait in the long queues for the L desk (long stay extensions).