Thaksin wants to return home, says Chavalit

rooster59

19 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Eric, you keep on saying how bad the military is. Yet Thaksin was so close to the military which is one of the main reasons why he was given a monopoly license to operate at certain mobile frequency which made him rich. Not only that, while he was PM he put his own military folks in charge. So its not as if the military was only one sided, the military is divided as well.

Thaksin saw how much influence the military had, he cut them off while he was PM and put his police buddies in numerous top jobs. This was the shift of having more military in governmental roles to more police generals who oversaw different ministries and other government related agency.

As I have said it again, the police are the new scum of the society, and thanks to Thaksin giving them so much power and influence, it has been having a negative impact on the society. The military's role had little impact on lives of citizens compare to the police. Just take a look around you, simple laws can't be enforced, police preying on businesses, etc. 

I think I agree with most of that, but I don't think it necessarily invalidates what Eric was saying.

• Confused 1

quote from your post

"They are too stupid to realize the utter stupidity of such remarks, that and the utter idiots they now got. I know who lacks education, respect and common knowledge and no it is not people voting for Thaksin."

You using that that term surely disqualifies anything you have to say for exactly the same reason.
Not really, people asking for a coup ARE idiots, end of story. They can show us their level of maturity, the minute they accept and respect election results.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mike324 said:

Eric, you keep on saying how bad the military is. Yet Thaksin was so close to the military which is one of the main reasons why he was given a monopoly license to operate at certain mobile frequency which made him rich. Not only that, while he was PM he put his own military folks in charge. So its not as if the military was only one sided, the military is divided as well.

Thaksin saw how much influence the military had, he cut them off while he was PM and put his police buddies in numerous top jobs. This was the shift of having more military in governmental roles to more police generals who oversaw different ministries and other government related agency.

As I have said it again, the police are the new scum of the society, and thanks to Thaksin giving them so much power and influence, it has been having a negative impact on the society. The military's role had little impact on lives of citizens compare to the police. Just take a look around you, simple laws can't be enforced, police preying on businesses, etc. 

Pay more attention, the army corruption dwarfs anything the miserable Thai police could even dream of. It's just less visible. Human trafficking, drug trafficking, firearms trafficking. Any dirty little business that would augment the cash flow is bread and butter to these people, just so long as the commissions keep flowing up.

I don't know how many officers there are above the rank of captain, but that's how many bullets it would take to fix the problem once and for all.

17 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Pay more attention, the army corruption dwarfs anything the miserable Thai police could even dream of. It's just less visible. Human trafficking, drug trafficking, firearms trafficking. Any dirty little business that would augment the cash flow is bread and butter to these people, just so long as the commissions keep flowing up.

I don't know how many officers there are above the rank of captain, but that's how many bullets it would take to fix the problem once and for all.

Only some BiBs in wify's family, no military, may I guess, LOL

Maybe time you be told that police and military are 'communicating vessels' up to about that level of captain...

As for your violent project to execute all military above the rank of captain, did you in your sick mind think of the BiBs to do the dirty job, ...like they did in Thaksin's (fake) 'war on drugs' (but real corpses), maybe? I hope for you nobody has any spare bullet for someone like you... Though the probability seems higher than that of your dark dream.

Edited by bangrak

1 hour ago, bangrak said:

Only some BiBs in wify's family, no military, may I guess, LOL

Maybe time you be told that police and military are 'communicating vessels' up to about that level of captain...

As for your violent project to execute all military above the rank of captain, did you in your sick mind think of the BiBs to do the dirty job, ...like they did in Thaksin's (fake) 'war on drugs' (but real corpses), maybe? I hope for you nobody has any spare bullet for someone like you... Though the probability seems higher than that of your dark dream.

Go away. You don't know me and you don't know anything about me, you just make it up as you go along.

Be off with you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mike324 said:

Thaksin is a businessman and getting a license from the then military government was normal. Did he won the bid, we don' know unless you do. Getting a license in 1987 doesn't guarantee you be rich. Those were the days of Vodafone that weighed 4.7 kg and offered 30 minutes call time on a 10 hour charge. He had the vision and the management skill to get into the telecommunication business and made good. He also had to compete with incumbents like DTAC and state enterprises like TOT, CAT and MVNO. 

I am not sure you understand politics but having the police and military on your side is nothing unusual in any government. Most military will be responsible to the government but in Thailand, the military has been a  rogue institution, corrupt and usurping elected governments too many times. 

The police is corrupt, we know but the mother of all corruption is by the military staging coups over and over again and oppressing people expression and freedom to mandate their leaders. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

There are about 1,700 generals to practice on to start with.

I think if you took the top 100 of each, and invited their immediate subordinates to watch, the message would get through fairly quickly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

There are about 1,700 generals to practice on to start with.

I think if you took the top 100 of each, and invited their immediate subordinates to watch, the message would get through fairly quickly.

I think you're right, though I've had one do-gooder from Belgium slag me off for suggesting it. He didn't come up with any other solution mind, just slagged me off for mine. Muppet.

• Like 2

Thai politics and its consequences are somewhat tame compared to what we saw during the Arab Spring or China's execution of corrupt politicians, nevertheless the  powers that be will never allow Mr. T to see the light of day if he returns and he knows that.  There are faceless powers that are difficult to fight via democracy or courts.  Not that he is not guilty or any different from most politicians which I have much disdain for but who is the lesser of two evils?

Edited by smileydude

16 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

I think you're right, though I've had one do-gooder from Belgium slag me off for suggesting it. He didn't come up with any other solution mind, just slagged me off for mine. Muppet.

Gonzo wrote: 'Go away. You don't know me and you don't know anything about me ... Be off with you' LOL

From the BBC news website this morning.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44205463

Why is Iran seen as a regional threat?

It has spread its influence across parts of the Middle East where there are large communities of fellow Shia Muslims, from Iraq to Lebanon.

Its support for Lebanon's Hezbollah movement is particularly alarming for Israel while Saudi Arabia, another bitter enemy, accuses the Iranians of equipping rebels in Yemen.

In the Syrian civil war, it is one of President Bashar al-Assad's few outside allies, sending thousands of fighters and military advisers.

It seems as though Iran is a regional threat to Israel, Saudi Arabia and its allies supporting the war in Yemen and by extension, the USA.

Is the US on its own?

Israel praised the Trump administration's decision to pull out of the pact but the move was roundly criticised by fellow signatories, including France, Germany, the UK and Russia.

All of the above signatories pledged to honour their commitments under the deal.

Mr Pompeo has made clear he expects the backing of his allies in Europe but also called for support from "Australia, Bahrain, Egypt, India, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea [and] the UAE".

I made some parts bold for emphasis.

18 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Thaksin is a businessman and getting a license from the then military government was normal. Did he won the bid, we don' know unless you do. Getting a license in 1987 doesn't guarantee you be rich. Those were the days of Vodafone that weighed 4.7 kg and offered 30 minutes call time on a 10 hour charge. He had the vision and the management skill to get into the telecommunication business and made good. He also had to compete with incumbents like DTAC and state enterprises like TOT, CAT and MVNO. 

I am not sure you understand politics but having the police and military on your side is nothing unusual in any government. Most military will be responsible to the government but in Thailand, the military has been a  rogue institution, corrupt and usurping elected governments too many times. 

The police is corrupt, we know but the mother of all corruption is by the military staging coups over and over again and oppressing people expression and freedom to mandate their leaders. 

Not to mention the huge investment risk Thaksin and his investors took. Setting up cell towers,  buying and leasing the land or buildings they are placed on and the infrastructure to carry the signal. When I first came here in 92 my thai friend had an AIS phone, it was huge, heavy and cost 40,000 baht if I remember correctly. The per minute was crazy expensive too and the baht was 25 to 1$ so only very few could afford to own one. A very low volume business at the time.

I am sure there were some payoff's going on as is the case here just to get things done, but that only gets one so far. As with most people who became billionaires, they were pioneers in some field of business. From many posters here they want you to think he stole all the money from the government to build AIS.

27 minutes ago, marinediscoking said:

Not to mention the huge investment risk Thaksin and his investors took. Setting up cell towers,  buying and leasing the land or buildings they are placed on and the infrastructure to carry the signal. When I first came here in 92 my thai friend had an AIS phone, it was huge, heavy and cost 40,000 baht if I remember correctly. The per minute was crazy expensive too and the baht was 25 to 1$ so only very few could afford to own one. A very low volume business at the time.

I am sure there were some payoff's going on as is the case here just to get things done, but that only gets one so far. As with most people who became billionaires, they were pioneers in some field of business. From many posters here they want you to think he stole all the money from the government to build AIS.

Spot on. He had his share of failed businesses before AIS and Shin. He sold Shin to divest from his incumbent position. 

• Haha 2

On 5/21/2018 at 1:02 PM, mike324 said:

Are you talking about this link that you posted, but that was directed at another poster? http://www.newmandala.org/a-response-to-vanina-sucharitkul/

If so there is still no new law, but if there is another link please do share I must have missed it then.

Lol... 

Everyone of your arguments dismissed in a single article and instead of conceding your ignorance you want to argue semantics?  Classic troll behaviour... 

3 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

Lol... 

Everyone of your arguments dismissed in a single article and instead of conceding your ignorance you want to argue semantics?  Classic troll behaviour... 

Good try, but it still does not mention a single thing about a new law that you totally made up. I get your point, you get mine. Have a good day buddy.

• 3 weeks later...