Wi-Fi in Isaan

SteveK

First, find out if anybody in the village already has an Internet connection. If so, you'll usually have to pay for the connection to the next access point. If not there's another technology working with a satellite dish. 

Please see older thread

Edited by jenny2017

The best way to get an instant connection is to have a mobile broadband router and a SIM card with a mobile broadband data plan.

I would recommend a minimum of a 6 Mbps connection with unlimited data with AIS.  Cost per six months; 1926 baht, equivalent to 321 baht per month.

If you don't have a suitable MiFi/4G router to hand, do you have a Smartphone and if so, which model?

8 hours ago, pr9spk said:

Thanks KneeDeep but have already looked at this. 3/4G in the village is painfully slow, less than 1MBps. 

Which provider/company?

How good is the signal strength (reception)?

For a fixed installation a proper antenna might help and maybe another provider (if coverage allows).

Edited by KhunBENQ

3BB have an office in the SK shopping centre in Ubon, near the clock tower roundabout..They will tell you if they have Internet lines near your house..

Wifi is provided by a modem which has wifi capability..

I pay 3BB 631bht per month, gives me around 12mbps..I also bought a wifi modem for just over 1000bht which is a powerful thing, works my smart TV upstairs no ploblem..