How to drive from Siam square to Chonburi

davidst01

Whats the best route? If we are staying near Siam square whats the quickest way to avoid traffic. 

Last month we were staying down past Ekkamai and it was easiest to drive down Sukhumvit and take a left on the chonburi expressway. But from Siam sq I think there will be too much traffic

thanks

The time of day you leave is important. If you leave between 10:00-14:00 or so, you shouldn't have too many problems. Sukhumvit is not a good way to go anytime of day, although getting on to the tollway a couple blocks before Sukhumvit Soi 3 should be okay. As someone else mentioned, getting on the tollway from Rama IV is a good option. Also, turning right onto Chaturathit Rd. at the Ratchaprarop Junction from Ratchaprarop Rd. (Ratchadamri turns into Ratchaprarop after you cross Petchaburi Rd.) will get you to the tollway pretty easily too.  

Edited by gjoo888

Exit Siam Square, turn right. Keep going past Asoke, past Phrom Pong, past Thonglor, past Ekamai, past Prakhanong, past Onnut, past UdomSuk till you get to Bangna Trat on your left. Turn left and keep going for 120km, upstairs or downstairs the choice is yours, but stalls are cheaper than circle.

I cannot believe I am reading this! 3am point the car SE and just drive soon you will run out of roads and gently slip onto the 3 or 7, past a big airport on your left or right, and finally all roads will lead you there. Just keep the heading SE.

7 hours ago, helloagain said:

If you have a smart phone use its GPS. if not go buy one. Follow a taxi.....or take a taxi

I always use SNAV in my Android smart phone which in turn is an interface for Google maps. It actually works very well in Thailand and updates in real time according to where other users are and if they are moving or stuck in traffic.

14 hours ago, davidst01 said:

GM is really crap. Ive tried it in the countryside and city. Absolutely the worst thing to rely on it 100%

I've used it all over Thailand and recently in Malaysia.  I've found it excellent and far better than my onboard GPS.  It even remembers where you parked your car!!

I've used it all over Thailand and recently in Malaysia.  I've found it excellent and far better than my onboard GPS.  It even remembers where you parked your car!!

The onboard GPS Toyota offers blows, and I would rather use Google maps.

Onboard GPS that use the Garmin interface I think are much better than using Google maps.