What Are These Bugs??

dddave

23 hours ago, faraday said:

I worry about Dave....he posts up a thread, telling us about these bugs....& nothing more is heard from him!!!!

?

Sorry;  away and offline for the last few days...not yet devoured by the critters.  I'll try to get them to pose for a better quality photo and post it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.  I think Villa82's "Tobacco Beatle" comes closest when I Google the photos except the bugs I have seem to have no visible legs.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Mario666 said:

It is difficult to tell as pic too blurry, but looks like "weevils" as Sirrcco said.....I find that even if white flour is sealed in a Zip-Loc bag they will appear after a few weeks.

I used to sift them out, but now I just pretend that they are "Whole Grains", leave them in and I tell myself it is healthier than plain white flour!

And maybe they add a little protein?

If weevils, just put the bag ,or bags, in the freezer overnight,they die,and no problem health wise if eaten,and as you say,a bit of protein thrown in.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eddysmit said:

If weevils, just put the bag ,or bags, in the freezer overnight,they die,and no problem health wise if eaten,and as you say,a bit of protein thrown in.

Actually I was joking, but it is also true.

Once I bought a bag of coconut flour which cost about 300Thb for a kilo.....I left it unopened for about 3 months, but when I opened it there were the "Little Blighters"....Was goin' to throw it away, but hey....300 Baht is 300 Baht Right?.....Mai Kee Neow...Kee Nok...Na? ???

Edited by Mario666

30 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Just step away from them, problem solved as they not gonna chase you !!!

Hey Carlos....Bugs don't Chase You?....Once I had a millipede nest in my garden wall.....There were hundreds of babies coming out and they were quite aggressive even if only about 2cm long....So I went and got the insect spray and squirted it in the hole where they were coming from....Next thing This BIG BLACK MF Mother millipede (about 10cm long) ran out and started trying to attack me....I backed off, but it reared up and then chased me...Not Kidding!

In the end my gardener "Removed" the critter from the equation.

image.png.99875b9978d6a6d10c533c258daa483b.png

Edited by Mario666

9 hours ago, Mario666 said:

Hey Carlos....Bugs don't Chase You?....Once I had a millipede nest in my garden wall.....There were hundreds of babies coming out and they were quite aggressive even if only about 2cm long....So I went and got the insect spray and squirted it in the hole where they were coming from....Next thing This BIG BLACK MF Mother millipede (about 10cm long) ran out and started trying to attack me....I backed off, but it reared up and then chased me...Not Kidding!

In the end my gardener "Removed" the critter from the equation.

image.png.99875b9978d6a6d10c533c258daa483b.png

You ran away from a 10 cm millipede? 55555555

I hope you don't come across a 200 cm centipede.....they nip!

Or a 1.8m brown snake in Oz.  If you don't die of fright immediately....20 minutes later you will from the venom.

Edited by tryasimight