Divorced American-what documents to prove divorce?

Elkski

I'm not planning to get married.

But I was looking at my divorce decree today.   It's just a copy I got from lawyer.   I was wondering if I would need to go to  the county and get some official looking copy?  

It has a date time stamp and a little county seal in top right but it's a copy.  

Is this needed for just an amphor paper wedding?  I'm a bit confused in the paperwork types in Thailand and which one would start an official marriage in USA?

I guess this would be important for  the ten year requirement for spousal SS benefits. 

A rather general answer; others may be along with a more specific response to an American:  Foreign legal documents usually have to be certified by the appropriate embassy, so in your case, the American Embassy. You may want to ask them what they consider to be a certifiable proof of divorce.

I live in the US and my fiancé is getting a US visa - the divorce decree I had to submit to USCIS had to be an official version, not a copy. I still live close to the same county the divorce was filed in so I ran up to the courthouse to get 2 official documents. You can also pay more to buy it online and mail it to you if you can't go to the county courthouse. No idea what Thailand would need, but I would imagine official version as well as a document that you have to get translated in Thai.

Edited by H508