Officials inspect alleged land encroachment in Kamala and Rawai

webfact

Officials inspect alleged land encroachment in Kamala and Rawai

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_7889.jpeg

Officials from the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC), led by deputy secretary-general Lt Col Korntip Daroj, have inspected two alleged land encroachments – one in Kamala and one in Rawai.

Officials first inspected the Pak Bang public animal agistment reserve in Kamala which is claimed to be rented by foreigners for their own use.

“The northern boundary borders with a coconut tree garden. The southern boundary is connected with Pak Bang Canal. The eastern boundary connects with registered land by the Kamala Tin Company. The western boundary borders with Ao Kamala.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/officials-inspect-alleged-land-encroachment-in-kamala-and-rawai

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-05-22

Iwas trying to work it out- it seems to be saying the center of Kamala 'beach road' is illegal, lol.

I know a certain Thai lady who will be laughing her bits off at her sister's misfortune if true!

A map would have been a helpful addition to the article.

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

Iwas trying to work it out- it seems to be saying the center of Kamala 'beach road' is illegal, lol.

I know a certain Thai lady who will be laughing her bits off at her sister's misfortune if true!

A map would have been a helpful addition to the article.

This from the article may help you " “We found that the claimed area has been registered as an animal agistment area. There are now 63 restaurants and five hotels in this area. Most of restaurants are owned by foreigners. We will continue to investigate the area and the zoning.” "

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

This from the article may help you " “We found that the claimed area has been registered as an animal agistment area. There are now 63 restaurants and five hotels in this area. Most of restaurants are owned by foreigners. We will continue to investigate the area and the zoning.” "

Nope, that's why I suggested a map would have been handy. I do tend to read articles before commenting and the description wasn't that helpful.

The way I work it out is  from the school north to the little Tsunami park and everything either side of the 'Beach Road' in between. There is still a small undeveloped bit of land behind there that might be the 'coconut tree garden'.

That's a hell of a lot of businesses if it is all that area  but the woman The Palms, for example, is a condo/hotel complex. Buyer beware yet again.