Video: Appalling driving but guilty party gets off scot free!

snoop1130

I've had to dive for the shoulder so many times that I've lost count.  This is the rule, not the exception.  It continues because there is virtually no traffic enforcement on the roads.  Show me a police patrol car pulling over traffic violators with sirens blaring and lights flashing?  There aren't any in this country.  Zip. Zero. Nada!

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

What is appalling? Is that the news most popular word this month? Tis is nothing short of normal in Thailand. It happens on a daily basis as a normal thing on the thai roads.
There is a reason why they are number 1 in the world on the roads!

Correct! Happens everyday, they are dumb and dangerous behind the wheel, up to you to get out of the way. #1.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Try climbing even a 3" lip at 80km/hr and you'll quickly discover that you don't need to make a hard right, because the road does that for you.

The 2nd best thing he could have done is to stay on the shoulder and slow down before even attempting to get back on the road.

Of course, the very best thing he could have done is to not get anywhere near the turd who forced him off the road. 

There was definitely some kind of lip or ledge there. If you look closely at the video it appears that his left front tire takes a dive just before he loses control, probably a ditch or culvert on the side of the driveway approach he was going across. It does look like he didn't have to be that far over though.

Just now, Lee4Life said:

There was definitely some kind of lip or ledge there. If you look closely at the video it appears that his left front tire takes a dive just before he loses control, probably a ditch or culvert on the side of the driveway approach he was going across. It does look like he didn't have to be that far over though.

I've lived in places where passing on blind curves is so common that you just expect it, and nobody gets upset.  The car being passed moves over a little, the car in the oncoming lane moves over a little, the idiot doing the blind passing keeps it in a straight line, and it's all good.  The lanes are 2-3 times as wide as a car so it's easy to pack 3 vehicles into 2 lanes with nobody heading for the ditch.  

I agree that, in hindsight, he didn't have to move that far over.  But that's a tough call to make while it's happening- because of the consequences of getting it wrong.

• Like 2

Truly amazing if nobody was injured or killed, I hope not.

Just a case of the normal driving standards here, overtake with no regard to oncoming traffic, on blind corners or the brow of a hill.

They also like to play "Chicken" even if they do see something coming the other way as in this case. The oncoming van driver that hit the camera carrying vehicle is also incompetent losing control of his vehicle, but not to blame IMHO.

If they find the driver he should be banned for 10 years at least and a huge fine, with the van confiscated if he owns it,

But chances are just a 500 baht fine...

:whistling:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback