Arrested but not disheartened

webfact

My son told me today (student M6) that the moral majority of all Thai seem to hate P1 and P2. Not dislike but hate. So as I take it this speaks hugely. 

We also found out today that when a kid takes the choice to do M3 - M6 for military training or awareness to escape the draft at 21, that it is a farce. Yes you will not do the pick a color draft, but you are indeed in the military for life as a reserve. Now what kind of hogwash is this pile of doodoo. 

We put him into the training so he would be free from the arsholes. 

Also from the powers that be they have increased the training method this year. Is Big and small p expecting an invasion? Or are they keeping themselves surrounded with slaves to be safe?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

My son told me today (student M6) that the moral majority of all Thai seem to hate P1 and P2. Not dislike but hate. So as I take it this speaks hugely. 

We also found out today that when a kid takes the choice to do M3 - M6 for military training or awareness to escape the draft at 21, that it is a farce. Yes you will not do the pick a color draft, but you are indeed in the military for life as a reserve. Now what kind of hogwash is this pile of doodoo. 

Also from the powers that be they have increased the training method this year. Is Big and small p expecting an invasion? Or are they keeping themselves surrounded with slaves to be safe?

Oh wow. 

Thanks for that. 

I have a son. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Oh wow. 

Thanks for that. 

I have a son. 

It's not that they will be called up to duty, but it is the distinct possibility that they can always be called up as they will remain under category reserves. The question was to the officer, when will they not be bound, and the answer was , oh, they don't have to pick at the draft as they are clear of that, and they never get called as the officer trainee candidates are first in line. So the answer is they are always able to be called up. so essentially a slave to the state when the state wants to abuse you. scary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

R.O.T.C. stands for "Reserve Officers Training Course" so I'm not sure why you're surprised.

It's still better than conscription though because the Chance of reserves being called up is very small: Enlisted soldiers are around 200,000 and Thailand has not been involved in anything more than a border skirmish or occasional crackdown on civilians, so they've got plenty to spare before they need the reserves. 

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SABloke said:

R.O.T.C. stands for "Reserve Officers Training Course" so I'm not sure why you're surprised.

It's still better than conscription though because the Chance of reserves being called up is very small: Enlisted soldiers are around 200,000 and Thailand has not been involved in anything more than a border skirmish or occasional crackdown on civilians, so they've got plenty to spare before they need the reserves. 

In the schools I do not think they are training to be officers like in a ROTC. But then nothing is ever clear even to the kids. This was more like a 4 yr pretraining (M3 - M6) under voluntary basis and then if the student wished then they could continue on into the military with a brownie point. With this it was a guarantee to not be in the military draft and so everyone thought that was it. I have never ever heard anyone say it continues on. My take on it was it was like a method of Thailand, like the boy scouts, to have citizens prepared later, as if there was any invasion. so nom the truth was never ever said all of these years. 

And ROTC is a voluntary basis if one choose to go more forward with it. It is not singing your name with the devil like this essentially is. 200K enlisted would be bowled over by the Chinese first wave in seconds. 200k is nothing, so yes, if there is a break out here, and S E Asia is a powder keg, then the first in line who trained as officers with t he secondary reserve will be called in immediately.

My concern is it is a life time membership. A No Freedom to get out thing. 

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

In the schools I do not think they are training to be officers like in a ROTC. But then nothing is ever clear even to the kids. This was more like a 4 yr pretraining (M3 - M6) under voluntary basis and then if the student wished then they could continue on into the military with a brownie point. With this it was a guarantee to not be in the military draft and so everyone thought that was it. I have never ever heard anyone say it continues on. My take on it was it was like a method of Thailand, like the boy scouts, to have citizens prepared later, as if there was any invasion. so nom the truth was never ever said all of these years. 

And ROTC is a voluntary basis if one choose to go more forward with it. It is not singing your name with the devil like this essentially is. 200K enlisted would be bowled over by the Chinese first wave in seconds. 200k is nothing, so yes, if there is a break out here, and S E Asia is a powder keg, then the first in line who trained as officers with t he secondary reserve will be called in immediately.

My concern is it is a life time membership. A No Freedom to get out thing. 

And if we and all parents would have know this, maybe the decision to do it would have been different. 

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Enforcing the law and breaking up the protest did not violate their human rights, he said, claiming that other countries would do the same in this situation.

Indeed other countries do the same in this situation. Countries like Russia, China, North Korea.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

As if the law was written in stone and had been there for all eternity, instead of being conjured up by the Manchurian PM to stifle any descent 

Not to mention the Constitution or Charter or whatever they come up with that routinely gets tossed out or suspended after every coup.

• Like 1