UK Passport Notarized.

I have to get my passport notarized for some red tape official back in the UK.

Is there an alternative to getting this done at the British embassy.

I do not want to go to a lawyer only for it to be knocked back once it gets to England.

Nothing positive recently about using a Thai lawyer that would be accepted in the UK.

The only problem with using the embassy is the appointment schedule , 26th June is the next open day available.

The only problem with asking them Joe , is, it depends who you talk to and on what day.

Edited by NE1

16 minutes ago, NE1 said:

The only problem with using the embassy is the appointment schedule , 26th June is the next open day available.

It shows one for tomorrow at 2pm for certified copies.

https://www.consular-appointments.service.gov.uk/fco/#!/british-embassy-bangkok/making-a-certified-copy-of-a-document/slot_picker

If it is a government agency that wants the certified copy am sure they would want it done by the embassy.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It shows one for tomorrow at 2pm for certified copies.

https://www.consular-appointments.service.gov.uk/fco/#!/british-embassy-bangkok/making-a-certified-copy-of-a-document/slot_picker

If it is a government agency that wants the certified copy am sure they would want it done by the embassy.

The DWP, a government agency in the UK, accepted a copy of my passport, notarized by a local lawyers office, Interactive Solutions, with no questions.  If the only thing that is acceptable is an Embassy notarization they will state that on their documentation.  A notarised copy by an authorised notary is a notarized copy as far as the UK is concerned.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

A basic read of the OP reveals the more helpful information that he wants to avoid the Embassy service.

A basic read of the OP also reveals that he does not want us to know the identity of the "red tape official back in the UK" who wants his passport to be notarised, or why.