CRF450L

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, JonnyF said:

If it's the full power version then I don't think 300,000 Baht is bad at all, in fact it's pretty good, it's more than that in the UK and the US.

If it's the 24 hp restricted version then it's a complete waste of money as you may as well get the 250L. And knowing Honda Thailand they will offer the worst possible version available, like they do with the Fireblade etc. 

As for service intervals, unless you're touring on it (why would you?) then I don't see it as a massive issue. Let's remember it's primarily an enduro bike that can go on the road to get you between the trails. Let's say you do 3,000 kms a year on it, that's an oil change every 4 months (10 minute job) and a trip to the dealer once a year. For comparison, my KX250F needs an oil change every 5 hours so every 1000 kms whilst not ideal, is manageable if you are using it for what it is intended for. If you're mainly touring or commuting you should really buy something like a CB500X.

absolutely agree, but then its more a bike for a certain market of ppl riding in the woods  and thats for sure not the average Thai Expat ????  ... AND there are plenty of other models ... AND I was never stopped on a street "not legal" Bike in Thailand ... AND its for sure abslutely overpriced for guys making 10k ThaiBaht per month because they are Thai. 
:
Regarding the ....worst possible version... You nailed it... Try to find a Rally with ABS in Thailand.. Ok, they are made IN Thailand and sold to a lot of countries WITH ABS but why they should sell it here? ????????
:
But ok, thats not just the things with Motorcycles, its the thing with nearly EVERYTHING you can buy here, its just sh1t ... Buy a PC in Europe, 5-8 years working fine, buy one here 3 days after warranty finished you can throw it  and its just the thing with many other things you get here. MAIN Problem, THAIS DO NOT COMPLAIN ... they usually dont go back to a shop and ask for warranty or repair...they just leave it somewhere in a corner, waiting for its repairing itself... living here since more than 20years i am having lots of proof for it ????????????

I know a few guys in Pattaya that will go to the trails in Chonburi at the weekend, maybe do 3-4 hours proper off roading and then back to their Moo Bahn. They might do that once or twice a month. This bike would be a decent option for them, they could ride the bike there and back instead of loading it onto the truck, unloading it, getting changed, leaving the truck somewhere etc. Easier and more fun just to ride the bike the 50kms or so to the trail. 

They might do a few hundred kms a month for 8 months of the year so the service intervals aren't a huge issue so it does kind of make sense to a small market. Again, that's IF (and that's a big if) it's not the normal Honda Thailand low spec, lowered, restricted crap that they normally give us.

300K does seem pretty cheap though. I was expecting more than that, maybe the savings from the strong Baht are actually being passed on to the consumer?

On 8/7/2019 at 6:22 AM, JonnyF said:

I know a few guys in Pattaya that will go to the trails in Chonburi at the weekend, maybe do 3-4 hours proper off roading and then back to their Moo Bahn. They might do that once or twice a month. This bike would be a decent option for them, they could ride the bike there and back instead of loading it onto the truck, unloading it, getting changed, leaving the truck somewhere etc. Easier and more fun just to ride the bike the 50kms or so to the trail. 

They might do a few hundred kms a month for 8 months of the year so the service intervals aren't a huge issue so it does kind of make sense to a small market. Again, that's IF (and that's a big if) it's not the normal Honda Thailand low spec, lowered, restricted crap that they normally give us.

300K does seem pretty cheap though. I was expecting more than that, maybe the savings from the strong Baht are actually being passed on to the consumer?

If it's the higher powered bike that's sold and coming in at 300K I will definitely wait for them to hit the 2nd hand market and pick one up. 

My type of riding is almost exactly as you describe. It will be the perfect machine for it.

Just back in the country 2 days ago ,had a little blast around on my 2012 crf and I’m still more than happy with it ,it’s a fun bike ,I have ridden this bike many many places through police and army check points wth no number plate and never a problem even took it down to and into Malaysia with no number plate.

at 300,000 I would rather get the proper moto x bike that is available from big wing.

this new 450 is not exactly that lightweight think it’s 130 kg ,could probably get my crf to that weight if I stripped a bit off it.

image.jpg

Archived