Bangkok overrun by a million rats - lack of snakes and lazy cats to blame!

webfact

4 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

Sounds a bit extreme to get the cat to catch rats, did you have to chop the balls off your roof snake too?

Ah...Feral tom cats won't remain in a household unless chopped off . Also it prevents breeding such that cats become a problem... As for the snake, it stays there cos it's happy...

• Like 2

Not forgetting to also blame the authorities for not collecting the filthy rubbish regularly that is just dumped in the streets, mostly by the Thais themslves.

That is certainly true here in Pattaya as I guess it is in Bangkok as well.

6 hours ago, Darcula said:

Clearly, they must've heard about the hub of gastronomy, and they're here for the Michelin star street food.

The rubbish, food etc dumped in plastic bags is hardly vermin proof.   When you see how much is dropped on the roadside during collection, it's no wonder rats are increasing.

If the city is really worried about vermin, then start using bins with lids, which, dogs, cats and big fat rats can't access. 

Also, the collection trucks are quick, don't spill trash all over the road.

Some parts of India were crawling with rats before people realised that the pythons they were removing had been keeping things under control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Lazy cats or lack of snakes to blame? I only blame the persons who left this bag there out in the open. The only you can blame for the dirt  are people, they made that BKK became a dirty, smelly city. The rats are only looking for food, if you take that away the rats will go also. That make a city clean!

About a year ago Pratunam was looking quite good as the rubbish was being cleaned up every day.

Now it is lazy cats fault, maybe a rubbish clean-up of BK and some rat poisoning programme may help.

6 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

About a year ago Pratunam was looking quite good as the rubbish was being cleaned up every day.

Now it is lazy cats fault, maybe a rubbish clean-up of BK and some rat poisoning programme may help.

Well.......Of course you are right....Samak was a chunt and it is of no insignificance that he died in pain with cancer in USA.....But at the end of the day he got his bribes and things were sorted out.....The Good Old days..????

9 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

No more Land of Smiles, more like Land of Screams as Tourists see the rats 

Yes , of course you are right....The age of "tourism" was lost decades ago!!!

Nobody wants to go to Asia ....They want to go to their home town but spend loads of money to be able to get back and complain about where they have been.....

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Lazy cats or lack of snakes to blame? I only blame the persons who left this bag there out in the open. The only you can blame for the dirt  are people, they made that BKK became a dirty, smelly city. The rats are only looking for food, if you take that away the rats will go also. That make a city clean!

No they won't  because there is always a fresh plate  of food outside of every other home ,building and hut for "budda" 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok overrun by a million rats - lack of snakes and lazy cats to blame!

Of course every shop leaving a little offering of food on the floor really discourages Rats too ! Leave food out , then moan about having too many Rats - seems thai logic - AGAIN.

27 minutes ago, Amusements said:

I think I have found those responsible?

cat-hub.jpg

I was pretty sure that the fine felines of Bangkok were not going to "stand" for all these slanderous remarks concerning their work ethic... now I'm certain of it.

Well, that bag of rubbish in the OP photo might have something to do with it.

The solution is obvious.  Round up several (hundred) thousand humanoids and shift THEM into the countryside.  Less rubbish in the city.  Fewer rats and possibly fewer snakes over time.  It's all connected.  Nature has a way of equalizing itself once humans stop meddling.  ?

• Like 1