Is there an office for extending visa in front of Don Muang airport ?

I have a single-entry tourist visa which is extendable twice so that I could stay in Thailand for 3 months in total. But I was told that each month I have to go to the immigration to extend my visa.

Today is the day that I have to travel to the immigration to get the extension of stay. Staying until tomorrow would be overstay.

A man that I met in Laos told me that I could extend my stay in an office located in front of the Don Muang airport.

Is that true that there's an office in front of the Don Muang airport which I could extend my tourist visa?

And where is the location of the office in front of the Don Muang airport exactly ?

Thanks

Edited by TGZ453

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A single entry tourist visa allows a 60 day entry that can be extended once for 30 days.

There is no immigration office at Don Mueang airport.

The only office you can apply for the extension is at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Map and info on getting there is here. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

Thanks.

This is the images of my single entry tourist visa stamp from Thai embassy and the stamp given by Thai immigration at the Lao-Thai border.

I entered Thailand on 26 April. So, I you wrote, I could stay until 24/25 June without going to the immigration?

20180525_110620.jpg

20180525_110628_2.jpg

Edited by TGZ453

6 minutes ago, overherebc said:

OP.

Check in your passport for the date you are allowed to stay until.

Should also be on the TM6 card

see photo example.

20180525_111233.jpg

I have just uploaded the image in the answer below.

9 minutes ago, TGZ453 said:

So, I you wrote, I could stay until 24/25 June without going to the immigration?

June 24 is your permission to stay.

So no idea why you would have to do anything now.

June 24 is a Sunday.

Best to go for extension during the week from 18 to 22 June.

Applications are easily accepted one week before expiry.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

June 24 is your permission to stay.

So no idea why you would have to do anything now.

June 24 is a Sunday.

There is a half Thai-half Spanish man that I met in Laos who does visa run very often told me that, holding a single entry tourist visa, I have to extend my visa every month and can stay in Thailand for 90 days maximum.

4 minutes ago, TGZ453 said:

I have to extend my visa every month and can stay in Thailand for 90 days maximum

50% nonsense.

Full stop.

Extend once before expiry of your permission to stay.

Get additional 30 days to make up for 90 days.

With what language did you communicate with this guy?

Edited by KhunBENQ

14 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You can extend by 30 days at Imm.

Do I have to go for my visa extension today or 24 June (entering Thailand 26 April) ?

Edited by TGZ453

1 minute ago, TGZ453 said:

Do I have to go for my visa extension today or 24 June (entering Thailand 25 April) ?

? Was my post #6 so unclear???

Before June 24 (Sunday)!

You entered April 26 not 25.

14 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

? Was my post #6 so unclear???

Before June 24 (Sunday)!

You entered April 26 not 25.

I just fixed 25 to 26.

It'd be better to get one more opinion.

Thanks for your advise, my brother.

Edited by TGZ453

OP,

It's never a good idea really to believe others/agents etc at border crossings. You will get the correct answer on here. Posting your stamps as you did is the best way.

I admit the many different kinds of visas available and the differences as applied to different nationalities can have you scratching your head for a while.?

You can relax on getting your 30 days until around 18th June. As has been posted further back it's easy to do when you go.

Edited by overherebc

24 minutes ago, TGZ453 said:

Do I have to go for my visa extension today or 24 June (entering Thailand 26 April) ?

As stated by others you have to do it by the 24th of June. You can do a week before that day and lose no days.

Your admitted until date on your entry stamp is the 24th of June. You have to apply for the extension before that date or leave the country on that day.

image.png.13c8f116c9b7b9444960990a4225dec0.png

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

OP,

It's never a good idea really to believe others/agents etc at border crossings. You will get the correct answer on here. Posting your stamps as you did is the best way.

I admit the many different kinds of visas available and the differences as applied to different nationalities can have you scratching your head for a while.?

You can relax on getting your 30 days until around 18th June. As has been posted further back it's easy to do when you go.

Thanks for your answer

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As stated by other you have to do it by the 24th of June. You can do a week before that day and lose no days.

Your admitted until date on your entry stamp is the 24th of June. You have to apply for the extension before that date or leave the country on that day.

image.png.13c8f116c9b7b9444960990a4225dec0.png

Thanks for your answer

1 hour ago, TGZ453 said:

I just fixed 25 to 26.

It'd be better to get one more opinion.

Thanks for your advise, my brother.

"It'd be better to get one more opinion".

There's only one "opinion" that matters and that's the one of the Immigration officer who stamped you in and you've already had that, it's stamped in your passport.