Re-entry?

Hi I would appreciate any advice,

I am 35 and from UK, I will be travelling to Thailand in June for just under 60 days, early on in this trip I will be leaving the kingdom for 1 week and returning.

I am confused as to whether I should get a double entry tourist visa or just get a single entry tourist visa and obtain a re-entry permit.

Thanks

Thanks chingy

I am right in thinking that I dont need a re-entry permit with a double entry visa?

Also would I get a further 60 days when re-entering on a double entry visa? (probably don't need it but good to know)

With the first entry you will be allowed to stay for 60 days (it could be in country extented for another 30 days).

Once you leave and return, while the visa is still valid, you will be granted at the second entry another 60 days starting from the second entry. (Again this can be extented one by 30 days for a fee of Baht 1900.

So no need for a re-entry permit.

When going through some threats in here, you will find recommendations to apply at Hull (even by mail) rather than London.

Thanks Axel,

I usually just apply in London as I live near the Embassy, I just hand in the application and then pick it up when ready, do you think I could have a problem in London if so I will apply by post to Hull.

When going through some threats in here, you will find recommendations to apply at Hull (even by mail) rather than London.

I've only ever applied in London, and have never had any issues getting a visa.

So long as your paperwork is in order, and you're just after a regular multiple-entry tourist visa, I don't think you'll have an issue anywhere.

The Hull mentions in the forum seem to be related to people trying to get longer term multi-entry visas for learning Thai language and culture. i.e. non-immigrant "O"ther visas not related to retirement or marriage...